The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

12 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

That song was ass but i do remember hearing about this being one of the first singles before Feldman came on board. It would've interesting to know what the blink version sounded like. It most likely would've been better as a blink song but I still think it would've been a bad blink song

The other NOFX song that was recently released "Darby Crashing Your Party" is a fucking tune though

Darby Crashing Your Party is NOFX's best song in years.

The other song, I cannot even imagine it arranged in a way that works for blink or NOFX really. It sounds way too lukewarm, no real hook, medium tempo, sort of tired lyrics, and Fat Mike isn't doing anything interesting vocally. Even his worst songs usually have something catchy about them, but I agree that blink's version would have been better.

• Like 2

I don't like it much either. I do thnik it'd work better with Blink though.

I think everything they've released since 2003 has sorta ruined what I like about Blink. Some Mark songs and some Tom songs, you can tell who wrote which song, but they all fit together. Since then it's like they've been forcing this "we must both sing lead on each song" bullshit, that got even worse with Skiba.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thongrider said:

I don't like it much either. I do thnik it'd work better with Blink though.

I think everything they've released since 2003 has sorta ruined what I like about Blink. Some Mark songs and some Tom songs, you can tell who wrote which song, but they all fit together. Since then it's like they've been forcing this "we must both sing lead on each song" bullshit, that got even worse with Skiba.

It was an unique feature from the band to do on a couple songs every now and then, but it was overused during the Skiba era, which wasn’t as effective when Matt obviously had more vocal qualities similar to Mark than Tom. I guess the band was hesitant on letting Matt have his own song, which I get on California, but everything after should’ve included at least one solo song with Matt. Mark had Good Old Days, Happy Days, and the joke songs (which is acceptable, don’t want Matt on a joke song unless it utilized his humor - which wouldn’t have happened likely). Not gonna make a list of songs Matt should’ve sang entirely on because it’s fairly obvious.

Tbh, Black Rain & No Heart to Speak Of couldn't sound more like Skiba songs if they tried. They wouldn't sound out of place on Alkaline Trio albums (especially if they weren't as overproduced). Mark might've sang on parts of them but they're definitely Skiba songs and great ones IMO. Black Rain was the track that Skiba took complete charge of as well based on the interviews around that song. It's a shame blink didn't have more Skiba songs though

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Tbh, Black Rain & No Heart to Speak Of couldn't sound more like Skiba songs if they tried. They wouldn't sound out of place on Alkaline Trio albums (especially if they weren't as overproduced). Mark might've sang on parts of them but they're definitely Skiba songs and great ones IMO. Black Rain was the track that Skiba took complete charge of as well based on the interviews around that song. It's a shame blink didn't have more Skiba songs though

it was annoying how they had to put mark on every single songs, they didnt do that when tom was around(before they did cali)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Thibaut182 said:

A recent and very interesting interview with Benji Weatherley and Rick Devoe about the early days of Blink!

bwahahah, i never realised that the reason there was small people in that all the small things peformence was because of the song being all the small things ahahhah id just think why r all these nimblets running around

On 11/7/2022 at 11:07 AM, Thibaut182 said:

A recent and very interesting interview with Benji Weatherley and Rick Devoe about the early days of Blink!

cool interview but damn benji never lets him really finish a story or thought. precisely why not everyone should host podcasts. both are energetic and talkative but it's hard to follow

• Like 2

5 hours ago, King of the Weekend said:

Tom. Is. Out. 
I have a vague memory of Rick being a weasel and essentially Tom’s bitch. 

tom paid him a shit load of money to be his manager so i wouldn't expect him to act any other way. he's not going to act in the best interest of mark and travis when they chose to part ways and hire their own individual managers. 

Every year in the UK a big retailer called John Lewis releases a Christmas advert that gets huge media attention. They’re always really well made, emotional and usually to highlight some kind of cause like old age, wildlife etc.

It’s always accompanied by a slow, ‘Christmassy’ cover of a classic song. In the past they’ve used The Smiths, Oasis, Elton John etc

This year they’ve used blink, All the Small Things! And they’ve done a really good job, I’m in bits

• Love 3
  • Wow 1