The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, FAP said:

You lost me after “it wouldn’t sound thaaat different.” It would sound extremely different. Not only does Travis have grooves that Scott could never do, Travis helped with the arrangements of the songs. It wouldn’t even be close to the same 

Yes, but listen to Wendy Clear, that they have been playing since 98 and I bet Scott played that song, u'know? It would not be that different. I understand Travis contributions, dont get me wrong. But I changed my mind about HOW DIFFERENT these songs would be. Maybe they would be a few beats faster haha which I'd love haha

29 minutes ago, saco0o said:

Yes, but listen to Wendy Clear, that they have been playing since 98 and I bet Scott played that song, u'know? It would not be that different. I understand Travis contributions, dont get me wrong. But I changed my mind about HOW DIFFERENT these songs would be. Maybe they would be a few beats faster haha which I'd love haha

You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. The song you meant to say is Mutt, not Wendy Clear. And it sounds a lot different with Scott 

9 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Here's Your Letter might be my favourite ever blink song. The guitars in the chorus sound so fucking good. Love the contrasting palm muted guitars in the verses and at the end of the bridge when Mark holds out longer on the last word of it, I always shake my head and laugh when I listen to that specific part because it's that damn good. Like i just can't get over how great it is

DO YOIU STILL FEEL THE SAME WAY?

DO YOU STILL FEEL TME SAME WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY?!

It's fucking awesome.

Yeah I always come back to that song.  I love Tom so it's conflicting for me to possibly put Here's Your Letter as the top song ever, but it's truly so good.  The guitars just flow, and that little breakdown is in fact great.  For me, it's just the verses, as soon as Mark kicks in "Cut the SKIN to the BONE, fall Asleep ALL alone, here your voice in the dark.. *duh dun dun dun duh dah*.  Mark sounds perfect on this song.  The second verse having the title "Here's a letter for you, but the words get confused".

I cannot sing it, but I always try.

The guitars just really hit me in the feels too.  Immediately brings me back to that time when first listened to Untitled everyday for months straight.

I guess Tom is technically in the back of "fix this problemm!" so there's that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FAP said:

You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. The song you meant to say is Mutt, not Wendy Clear. And it sounds a lot different with Scott 

No, jezzz... I KNOW MUTT has a version with Scott mate haha. What Im saying is LISTEN TO WENDY CLEAR and tell me what would be different if it were Scott, u'know? AH forget....  haha This is not a good place to chat about stuff like that. Cheers, bye

7 minutes ago, FAP said:

Yes you do lol. It’s just showing how after their “beef” MGK had to switch up his entire image, persona, and music to be relevant, because he was forced out of the rap game 

Diddy you are vastly overestimating how much anyone here gives a shit about mgk. We liked the first album he did with Travis. Nobody gave a fuck about him or some beef he had with other rappers before hand or after. Nobody. 

• Like 2

Just now, Coightstanza said:

Diddy you are vastly overestimating how much anyone here gives a shit about mgk. We liked the first album he did with Travis. Nobody gave a fuck about him or some beef he had with other rappers before hand or after. Nobody. 

It was just a funny meme 

1 minute ago, Coightstanza said:

Eh not really but also i was just saying it’s likely champ and lots of others wouldn’t get it.

Well I thought it was funny despite knowing it’s beating a dead horse. I’ll take the swing and a miss, but I wasn’t trying to be serious about anything 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, FAP said:

Well I thought it was funny despite knowing it’s beating a dead horse. I’ll take the swing and a miss, but I wasn’t trying to be serious about anything 

Haha yeah it's all good man, I just have no interest in any of his backstory or beefs, or anything about him in general I guess haha

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Coightstanza said:

The best part is, this actually allowed me to enjoy the album for what it is.  I never listened to anything by him outside hearing whatever couple popular rap songs he featured on, can't even remember what they were called Hot Boys or something?

Regardless of his douche status or not, what he (and Travis) did for that Tickets album, was super focused and good timing and a great contribution to the genre.  Really, I put it up there with the Paramores and whoever else has left an imprint on at least the good quality, something different, modernized take on pop punk.  I'll always like Tickets, but yeah whatever he's released since only a song or two I've gotten into, which were essentially bonus songs for that album it sounded.  

• Like 2

Also, to Diddy's "point", I'm actually glad MGK called out Eminem like that.  Just because Eminem is a legendary artist, doesn't mean some younger artists can't talk shit (like they used to back in the day, Eminem's day) and the guy (eminem) is just awful to me in his later years.  His rapping is just crap now.  MGK's rap diss was actually kind of funny and made some good points.  Why is he so mad afterall?  Plus, best thing Eminem has ever even released in 10 years is that response diss back.

Like, I appreciate these things as a music fan.. we need more artists who aren't scared to be a little different or make some statements to rile other artists up.  I almost miss when Blink was hated on so much, but I still loved them.  Can we do without the instagram/Kardashian fame shit and the metal skull cage earing thingys? Yeah, we could do all without that, but I'm just here to try and stay interested in the modern music industry.  It's kind of hard to do with all the samey, lackluster shit.

• Crab 1