The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I think the records fine without Not Now but it is hard not to think about adding it..I think last song could work? 

Lost Without You is probably my least favorite song song on it, but it still fits pretty well..

Swapping Asthenia would be tough..but could you imagine Asthenia as the infamous greatest hits single?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chad Steven Henne said:

I think the records fine without Not Now but it is hard not to think about adding it..I think last song could work? 

Lost Without You is probably my least favorite song song on it, but it still fits pretty well..

Swapping Asthenia would be tough..but could you imagine Asthenia as the infamous greatest hits single?

Last song definitely works. That's cause I've always known it as the last song on the album due to living in the UK but it definitely fits in after I'm Lost Without You. I know that song was supposed to be the album closer but there's just something fitting about Not Now being the last song

Maybe it's the subject matter about dying and stuff. It just really fits. I've always loved that Ghost on the Dance Floor coincidentally follows on from that subject matter by being the first track of the following album. Obviously they never meant that but I've always loved that coincidence

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Last song definitely works. That's cause I've always known it as the last song on the album due to living in the UK but it definitely fits in after I'm Lost Without You. I know that song was supposed to be the album closer but there's just something fitting about Not Now being the last song

Maybe it's the subject matter about dying and stuff. It just really fits. I've always loved that Ghost on the Dance Floor coincidentally follows on from that subject matter by being the first track of the following album. Obviously they never meant that but I've always loved that coincidence

It does fit as a closer, but it never really sounded like an Untitled song to me.  Like Easy Target, Asthenia, Here's Your Letter, Violence, Stockholm, All of this...these are all essential to the album..all sound similar but different enough.

Down or Always needa go, and we aren't getting rid of Always.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chad Steven Henne said:

It does fit as a closer, but it never really sounded like an Untitled song to me.  Like Easy Target, Asthenia, Here's Your Letter, Violence, Stockholm, All of this...these are all essential to the album..all sound similar but different enough.

Down or Always needa go, and we aren't getting rid of Always.

Yeah I do agree. It has a more upbeat vibe to it more along the lines of Feeling This tbh yet at the same time sounds completely different.

I do think Down is the weakest track of the album but if that goes I think it'd mean Fallen Interlude would have to go as well. Those two songs seem to complement each other kinda like Easy Target/All of This.

I literally think the album is a 10/10 though. It's the perfect album for me and as much as I love Not Now and prefer it over half of the songs on the album, it just doesn't really fit with the other songs IMO. I think that's why it works as a closer as it's not contrasting with the other songs as much. Kinda like how Feeling This works as the opener

If I'd replace one song with Not Now, I guess i'd choose I'm Lost Without You which is a difficult choice cause I love the drum solo at the end haha

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

If I'd replace one song with Not Now, I guess i'd choose I'm Lost Without You which is a difficult choice cause I love the drum solo at the end haha

I saw a rediteer mention adding the drum outro on LWY to Not Now..could see that working

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

33 minutes ago, Knapppers said:

Man the bridge in the Rock Show is truly amazing. It really doesn't ever get mentioned enough. Rewind the song and listen to it over and over anytime the song comes up

I love the extended bridge at the Pepsi Smash show in 2004. I know a lot of people don't rate blink's bigger singles as much but the Rock Show is a great song. Way better than First Date

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I love the extended bridge at the Pepsi Smash show in 2004. I know a lot of people don't rate blink's bigger singles as much but the Rock Show is a great song. Way better than First Date

Yeah Rock Show is great, always been a favorite radio song of theirs.  Just been played to death live and such I tend to avoid it now.

Always a Rock Show guy though.   Glasses Mark was sexy af too on the video.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Chad Steven Henne said:

Yeah Rock Show is great, always been a favorite radio song of theirs.  Just been played to death live and such I tend to avoid it now.

Always a Rock Show guy though.   Glasses Mark was sexy af too on the video.

Yeah I agree it's definitely overplayed on their live sets

It's really a shame they don't do extended bridges or outros for songs like Down, The Rock Show, Stay Together for the Kids etc the way they used to

If they kept doing shit like that I'd never be against them putting all their hits into their set list

• Like 1

On 2/12/2023 at 1:38 PM, Nosferatu said:

Yeah I agree it's definitely overplayed on their live sets

It's really a shame they don't do extended bridges or outros for songs like Down, The Rock Show, Stay Together for the Kids etc the way they used to

If they kept doing shit like that I'd never be against them putting all their hits into their set list

As long as they’re using back tracks they won’t be extending bridges and outros 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fap said:

It’s frustrating how big they are as a band but never expand the session musician and just use backing tracks 

imagine how awesome it would sound if they had proper synth players and extras like big bands do these days 

11 hours ago, Fap said:

Yeah I dislike that they've used backing since the reunion. They still do improvise and stuff like on the outro of Down and I Miss You but it's nowhere near as good as what we were all hearing back in 2004

• Like 1