The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Haha true! I'd love a shirt with the pre-182 bunny but I can't imagine that would ever happen

VKTJ2.jpeg

This is the only 'logo' I'd ever want to see for blink ever again.  The bunny, the smiley, the arrows, it all can get in the bin at this point.  It's all just gotten overplayed at this point. 

Fuck sign go away.

• Like 2

i don't like the smiley -- it was always a nirvana knockoff -- OR the bunny. blink's merch has historically been hideous and borderline embarrassing, from the wheelchair stuff to the hot topic-chasing artwork of the past decade. i wound up making my own shirt of the ranma girl because it was the only thing neutral enough to fit my tastes lol

raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

It is finally great and amazing to finally see this this interview in amazing quality! Posted originally in the timeline thread and wanted to share it with the community 😃

Last Australian tour for Scott

I see the resemblance/similarity to Jack a lot in that thumbnail

1 minute ago, hotpantsdelonge said:

that sunflower design has been around for a while because i remember seeing it on their uk merch site a few years ago. maybe since the first reunion? (or whichever year this abomination is from)

20230322_154547.jpg

Lol yea this is terrible 

more random shirt news: a blink t shirt dress — the kind very popular right now, the oversized look — is now being sold at urban outfitters. cool design, actually. hard to find, already out of stock some places. i’ve been enjoying the new blink merch at some of these big places (that aren’t hot topic etc)

C167-FF84-D521-4-D76-A653-B28-E764-C0596

E3-A5-CDF7-1337-471-E-A41-A-607138-A1-B9

• Like 3

yoooooo just wanted to stop in and see if I had any luck here. Trying to sell 2 tickets to blink in St. Paul/Minneapolis on may 4. I paid $550 face value but will sell for $500 all together. Section 105. feel free to dm me on twitter (@/alliehiatt) or reply here 

5 hours ago, achiatt said:

yoooooo just wanted to stop in and see if I had any luck here. Trying to sell 2 tickets to blink in St. Paul/Minneapolis on may 4. I paid $550 face value but will sell for $500 all together. Section 105. feel free to dm me on twitter (@/alliehiatt) or reply here 

Um, I'll buy them for 250.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rickay he him said:

The bridge in Bored To Death is great.

I will give it that.  Felt like a nice little stray from the rest of California's formulaic sound and a vintage Mark moment.

The bridges were always pretty nice.

Not sure if that was because it was contrasted with shit.

2 hours ago, Scotts Engineer said:

I will give it that.  Felt like a nice little stray from the rest of California's formulaic sound and a vintage Mark moment.

The bridges were always pretty nice.

Not sure if that was because it was contrasted with shit.

Lol probably, I went back and listened to the Skiba era and it will probably be the last time. Neighborhoods though, I'm a Stan.

8 minutes ago, MSandt said:

No much for Misery though.

You mistake me for someone who listened to the deluxe album 😄 I checked it out though and the bridge is great, similar style to bored to death.

Blink have done some great bridge that happen to be my favourite part of the song. I usually love Marks bass playing / tone in these moments. He isn't playing anything mind blowing but his tone when he plays the picked power chords is my favourite bass sound. Misery as mentioned above is a great one and probably my favourite from the California era. Some other bridges I love are Violence, Whats My Age Again, Adams Song, Time To Break Up, Stockholm Syndrome and Aliens Exist

• Like 1