The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

hey i was just wondering if there's a spot somewhere on this site where i can post a link to my youtube channel. on there i have a small bunch of a short videos of riffs i wrote on guitar. my music's probably never gonna win a grammy and my guitar playing is the reason babies cry. but there's a lot of Blink influence and i thought that MAYBE some of you dudes would dig it. thanks.

whats going on with the blink record?

i mean a few weeks ago they told us that they meet each other once in a week to work on it and that they are 6 songs into the album. everything seemed to go so quickly. and now NOTHING!

nothing about a new blink record. mark produces mcs and tom works on the next AVA record.

i'm very curious about their plans...

The record wont be out til 2010.

In a really fucked up way, I almost hope thats true.  I have no information denying or confirming wheather or not itll be out this year. That being said.  I really feel that the expectations are through the roof for this next album, I mean really really high.  At least imo.  Everyone is more mature, technology has come so far.  Im happy there together, I hope they put together a sick setlist and Ill wait paitiently for new material.

yes i know that. but a few weeks ago  they actually seemed to work on the album but now we dont hear anything. thats what i mean.

why is it more important to produce mcs (i LOVE mcs) or making an AVA record...?

THATS THE QUESTION

I think Tom takes a lot of shit for AVA.  Mark seems to have a billion things he has his hands in as well.  I can only theorize that through the magic of computers/technology theyve come up with some pretty gnarly ideas/riffs/compositions  even if there only in the infant stages    -- for the new album which I hope is titled  37 Nuns at a Rectory

You guys need to chill out...Im sure they are still working on it and based on what Shanna said in the interview, the songs are sounding great... I just think they are keeping this blink record more on the down low and not telling us as much information... Gets us more hyped for the album when it does come out cuz we have no idea what to expect.... But yeah i see what you guys are saying... I mean we use to get a new cheetah video every week on the last album so i can see where you guys are coming from but im sure they wont let us fans down..

yes i know that. but a few weeks ago  they actually seemed to work on the album but now we dont hear anything. thats what i mean.

why is it more important to produce mcs (i LOVE mcs) or making an AVA record...?

THATS THE QUESTION

Tom was already in a band that was in the studio when blink reformed. I'm sure he's just trying to get all the songs written and a lot of his shit recorded for the other three to mess with over the summer when he tours and then records with blink.

One of these days there will be a full shift to blink for the ENTIRE summer. People need to just chill.

Haha this guy is full of shit! Hes selling a blink signed photo on eBay. He says its hand signed by all three members. its the photo they released AFTER they announced they were back at the grammys. The guy says he got it signed backstage at the grammys. How is that possible? That picture wasnt out yet... unless he had a laptop with internet and a printer at the grammys, and printed it JUST after they released it lmaoooo!

I wonder if someone will be stupid enough to buy it...

http://cgi.ebay.es/Blink-182-RARE-Hand-Signed-GRAMMYS-Photo_W0QQitemZ180347206544QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE?hash=item180347206544&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1315|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Yes, Im quoting myself lol

I emailed the guy telling him that ^^ to piss him off, and he replied lol:

"Yeah if you read the listing properly you would have seen id already answered this. I HAD THE PICTURE BEFORE IT WAS EVER RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC OR PUT ONLINE.

I WORK IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY."

and if you check the auction, hes written something "to clear things up"....

Bullshit.

I think we need to calm down, remember how long it took for the last album to be recorded? they just chilled in a house for 9 months I think, then did nothing when travis left, but they still made a great record, we may not have cheetah videos now (maybe sometime soon?) but at least they are now rehearsing and shit...

AND

the website still says summer 09, so we'll have to wait and see...

PS I hate the new Green Day song

bla bla bla the enemy