The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Chris Jericho names TOYPAJ a "worst album name"

10. Blink 182 – Take Off Your Pants And Jacket

"This is just very sophomoric and very much beneath Blink 182’s talent level. It’s just so stupid. 'Take off your pants and jacket. Ha ha ha! See what we did?.Hee hee hee.' And it’s done. You know it’s hardly like a classic album title, like a Darkside of the Moon or Led Zeppelin IV – there’s four versions of this crazy record. You know Ride the Lightning is such a great visual image. Take Off Your Pants and Jacket is not a great mental image. It’s the last thing I want to think of when I think of Blink 182 is them dropping their trau on stage and having a circle jerk."

-Chris Jericho

http://www.ugo.com/tv/chris-jericho-picks-the-worst-album-names-of-all-time

Ha Ha, thats a funny read!  Like Enema of the State or The Enema Strikes Back are any better for album titles?  Blink album titles were never about inspiration or anything of the sort.  Flyswatter demo, Buddha, Cheshire Cat, and Dude Ranch don't do much for my imagination, but I dig the names, they're memorable because they aren't like all the other album titles trying to be inspirational or whatever.  Then the latest album is untitled, which is a great indication of the change that was happening within the music.  And honestly, while I'm not expecting an inspirational album title for the next, I do think it will be very different than the past, it wont be a simple name like the first 3 albums and demo, nor will it be a joke like the next 2 albums and the live album, it will be something that shows that these guys are serious, you know?

mark said, also i am quitting fall out boy

I AM NOT MAKING SPECULATIONS ABOUT HIM LEAVING OR BLINK OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT

but i just want to get the joke, does any one know? he is saying 'also', so what other band did he leave?

read this: http://www.spin.com/articles/breaking-more-fall-out-boy-fallout

For as much as I don't like fall out boy, I feel for the fan base. I remember going through this shit like 5 years ago with blink and it sucks hardcore ass.

true, true we know that feeling all too well

because you start it. you post those posts knowing FULL WELL that you're going to ignite an argument that NOBODY wants to have, and clutter up the place, derailing whatever conversation is normally supposed to be taking place. rightly or wrongly, your opinion is well known here but you have to keep bringing it back due to whatever OCD-like tendency you have to never let things go. it's just really immature, if you ask me

If no one wants to have the argument, why do so many people respond, and most of the time I am not the one starting any argument. I state my VERY VALID opinion on situations regarding Blink. People go ape shit crazy cause I happen to be critical of their "do no wrong idols".

People can't seem to reconcile the fact that I've been a hardcore Blink fan for over 10 years yet can be very critical of them.

People respond because when you provoke people they will retaliate. If I were to physically poke or prod you, you'd probably snap back. Doesn't make it any more right for you to start it though.

My whole point isn't whether or not it is valid..my point is that you know that 1.) your comments WILL start an argument, and 2.) everybody has already heard your opinion rehashed a million times...so tell me, what is the point? It looks almost spiteful that you HAVE to bring it up, even though you know you are going to be fully responsible for the escalation of an argument.

In this case you started it, and I'd say at least half of the time you are starting it, which is bad enough.

And you have to get off your pedestal of pointing out how everyone is apparently sucking blink's dicks, because nobody is doing that AT ALL. Almost everyone here will be able to admit when blink do something they don't like. If you think you're the only person to ever have the nuts to say anything negative about blink, then maybe it's time for you to get your head out of your OWN ass.

At the end of the day it isnt about who's right or who's wrong. Who can be critical and who can't be, who has their head up Tom Delonge's ass. The issue here is that your money comments are fucking annoying, so give it a rest already. I can't believe the terrible irony of a man who is a self-proclaimed hater of money, but yet is more obsessed about it than ANYBODY I know.

Tom just said mark is gunna remix Hallucinations single...and they're gunna try and meet up this week and talk about the record and tour...

that i wanna hear....

Yeah hopefully it happens with as busy he sounds hopefully it happens! Still can't believe marks gunna remix an ava song....never thought that would happen.

Tom just said mark is gunna remix Hallucinations single...and they're gunna try and meet up this week and talk about the record and tour...

that i wanna hear....

Yeah hopefully it happens with as busy he sounds hopefully it happens! Still can't believe marks gunna remix an ava song....never thought that would happen.

The downside is you have to be a premium member :|

that i wanna hear....

LOL one of us will post a download link dont worry.

that i wanna hear....

LOL one of us will post a download link dont worry.

not here!

haha, thats so cool. i ve never thought sth like this would happen. it always seemed to me like mark is avoiding AVA. i think i have never heard him say that bandname