The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I found this on another Blink site. This is supposedly what Tom said on a recent Modcam:

AVA

* the plan is to have the Hallucinations video come with the download of the album on 2/14

* Still no specific tour plans yet but he did say that as of right now, they are planning on going to Europe and Canada (cuz people asked) in addition to a U.S. tour (people asked about Florida, Cleveland, New York all of which he said they would go to)

* He made a comment that AVA is his only focus right now

* They will be taking donations for the record on Modlife, like Radiohead did

* Modlife premium members get to see the AVA sound checks on tour

Some blink related stuff:

* He said he was going to try to meet with Mark and Travis this week (which I assume means he hasn't yet)

* One thing that kinda pissed me off was that he said "I'm gonna try to meet with Mark and Travis this week to talk about their record", but then he corrected himself by saying "which I am a part of too, our record". This just shows that he isn't even thinking about blink really right now, but kinda understandable

* Mark did a remix of Hallucinations, which you will only get if you donate something

* This makes me pretty upset  :-(

wow, this sucks.

Well, i guess this i AVAs final call, after this album and tour they will be out of the picture. And then Blink is the number 1 band. I dont understand why he needs AVA to be around when he has blink? Why cant he take his creativity into Blink instead of haveing two bands where he is writing songs. Greedy Tom.

Well, i guess this i AVAs final call, after this album and tour they will be out of the picture. And then Blink is the number 1 band. I dont understand why he needs AVA to be around when he has blink? Why cant he take his creativity into Blink instead of haveing two bands where he is writing songs. Greedy Tom.

yes, because having 2 bands to release different types of music is so greedy. and spending over half a million of his own cash to release a free cd is so greedy too.  :roll: Would you rather he brings all the delayed and synthy riffs over to blink? I know he doesnt, which is another reason he has AVA.

And about the stuff he said on cam, Blink wouldnt be his focus atm, he releasing an album which has a lot of investment on his behalf,and its a cd which will make or break the band, so just like blink was his only focus in the summer, ava is were his mindset is now.

i agree with the person who said that modlife is a business, and he needs to satisfty (i cant believe they exist though, apparently they do..) the avafans. in that trailer for blinkumentary tom was saying this 'biggest album' and stuff like that, so im sure that whenever his avathings are done, he'll focus on blikumentary

lets just hope that day comes fast

I found this on another Blink site. This is supposedly what Tom said on a recent Modcam:

AVA

* the plan is to have the Hallucinations video come with the download of the album on 2/14

* Still no specific tour plans yet but he did say that as of right now, they are planning on going to Europe and Canada (cuz people asked) in addition to a U.S. tour (people asked about Florida, Cleveland, New York all of which he said they would go to)

* He made a comment that AVA is his only focus right now

* They will be taking donations for the record on Modlife, like Radiohead did

* Modlife premium members get to see the AVA sound checks on tour

Some blink related stuff:

* He said he was going to try to meet with Mark and Travis this week (which I assume means he hasn't yet)

* One thing that kinda pissed me off was that he said "I'm gonna try to meet with Mark and Travis this week to talk about their record", but then he corrected himself by saying "which I am a part of too, our record". This just shows that he isn't even thinking about blink really right now, but kinda understandable

* Mark did a remix of Hallucinations, which you will only get if you donate something

* This makes me pretty upset  :-(

This is a very bad sign that he slipped up and said "their record".

Pretty obvious that his heart is just not in Blink 182 anymore. I think when Travis had the crash he wanted to reconnect and mend fences and when they toured he was enjoying himself.........but

In the end Tom's priority is AVA and Blink 182 is something he will think about doing in his spare time. It's also what brings in the money so he can do AVA, always has been.

Tom will be 100% blink again after they release an album that is 1000 times as successful as any AVA attempt thus far. This new AVA album is shaping up to be their worst from what I've heard so far anyway (admittedly, haven't heard much. but a mediocre first single).

He'll realize he can still be creative in blink and will be back on board with that in time.

Tom will be 100% blink again after they release an album that is 1000 times as successful as any AVA attempt thus far. This new AVA album is shaping up to be their worst from what I've heard so far anyway (admittedly, haven't heard much. but a mediocre first single).

He'll realize he can still be creative in blink and will be back on board with that in time.

Maybe. Tom is just so committed to AVA that I think even if they aren't successful he won't give it up. But who knows. I just think Blink to Tom is like high school for you and me. It's in the past. Yeah it might be nice to go back for a 10 year reunion or meet up with some of the classmates, but it will never be like it was when you were in high school again.

I think a lot of us read into way to much stuff each member says..we have no clue what goes on behind the scenes.

When Tom's says "their album" I don't think there is any "reading into" that.

If you were in a band would you accidentally refer to it as "their album" meaning the other band mates and not yours?

No, we don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes, but you can get a pretty good idea of some of the stuff.

tom is bored with ava, i think. it's his main focus at the moment because they release an album (and a movie) but he knows he can't do 'the revolution' with it, ava isnt a respected band by mtv and such music companies. after the movie and the tour ava wont work anymore, it'll be just a background project on modlife, i think/hope. and that point will be blink's real return :D

Right, so Tom is working with Mark and Travis on releasing the next AvA record?

Come on people! He does modlife for AvA fans, most of the news is for AvA. When he sais "our" album, the Ava fans assume Ava, not blink. He is also human, he makes mistakes. Maybe he didn't think his wording out well. Just wait and see, if blink breaks up or doesn't release and album by the end of 11' you can give me a big "I told you so"

Till then, chill out and stop assuming stuff

Come on people! He does modlife for AvA fans, most of the news is for AvA. When he sais "our" album, the Ava fans assume Ava, not blink. He is also human, he makes mistakes. Maybe he didn't think his wording out well. Just wait and see, if blink breaks up or doesn't release and album by the end of 11' you can give me a big "I told you so"

Yeah, but it's not like he messed up his wording. He said what he meant and then caught himself. If it was just for the AvA fans, he wouldn't have bothered clarifying, would he?

I just hope I'm totally wrong and it's all good with them.

Yeah, but it's not like he messed up his wording. He said what he meant and then caught himself. If it was just for the AvA fans, he wouldn't have bothered clarifying, would he?

I just hope I'm totally wrong and it's all good with them.

Well, I would not like to assume till

1) I get video evidence of him saying it

2) Blink either breaks up/no release of an album or when they finally decide to release one.

Guest THillingworth

I really wish people on here would use basic logic.

AVA is a week away from releasing an album, Tom is going to focus on AVA.

When blink is working on their next record Tom is going to focus on Blink-182.

Surely all of you have heard of Dallas Green? He does the exact same thing with his two bands.

Anyway completely forgot about this quality reunion performance untill it popped up in my "recommend for you":