The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Travis tweeted about Blink rehearsals about an hour ago. I guess it's gonna be a long night...

saw that and thought it was cool too, shows a bit more dedication than just weekdays or whatever, its actually being communicated, its not as much as product as it is a fun thing. Mark talked in an interview about how they had to get to a place in their lives again where they could joke and criticize with out it sounding rude. Glad they are a unit again

I bet everyone forgot about this.

http://twitter.com/markhoppus/status/2353425377

Tour sold well. No financial reason to release it.  :wink:

and/or it sucked or sounded to AVAish for them to comfortably release it as the first new blink song.

Nope. Cause to me, you can't name one bad blink-182 song. That's what made them my all time favorite band. They were the only band I could literally sit there for hours

listening to without needing to change the song. I'm not scared for one second I'm not gonna love every song off the new record. Separate they're not great but together

they're fucking amazing. Fact.

and/or it sucked or sounded to AVAish for them to comfortably release it as the first new blink song.

Nope. Cause to me, you can't name one bad blink-182 song. That's what made them my all time favorite band. They were the only band I could literally sit there for hours

listening to without needing to change the song. I'm not scared for one second I'm not gonna love every song off the new record. Separate they're not great but together

This.

This.

Exactly, you're just proving my point.  The guys would never release a song they didn't think was amazing.  But they quickly reformed annd made a song, having not worked together in 5 years, one could think they were out of their groove together.  So when they finally looked critically at the song, they probably realized the song isn't good enough for the fans.  I'm sure it was amazing regardless, but I'd bet they really wanna make sure their first new release makes the impact they desire: We're back and bettet than ever.  and if the song sounded somewhat AVAish, even if its awesome like Asthenia, they might be worried that the fans take it as if all songs were gonna be that way.