The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

One area in which I have a lot of sympathy for Tom. That must be really creepy. I know if I was Tom I'd want to stay as far away from him as possible.

I remember Tom told a story once right when Enema came out about this guy dressed just like him following him everywhere Tom would go. Tom finally told him that he was getting creeped out and wanted the guy to go away and the guy said something like "Can I suck your Dick?"

I like how in the billboard interview, when asked if the music sounds like untitled or old pop punk, and Mark said both, and then went on to say there is a song they are working on that is fast/punk rock and sounds like it could be on Dude Ranch, almost like a Josie pt 2.

So it sounds to me that if this album is going to be as they've thus far said it will be, it will have something in there for all eras of blink fans.  Which is great cuz I love all the eras of blink.

I like how in the billboard interview, when asked if the music sounds like untitled or old pop punk, and Mark said both, and then went on to say there is a song they are working on that is fast/punk rock and sounds like it could be on Dude Ranch, almost like a Josie pt 2.

So it sounds to me that if this album is going to be as they've thus far said it will be, it will have something in there for all eras of blink fans.  Which is great cuz I love all the eras of blink.

I'd be shocked if there is any song on this album that sounds anything remotely like anything from Dude Ranch.

We got a lot going against it: 13 years, Different drummer, Different Recording quality, a guy (Tom) who's totally changed his music style.

I am betting the song will be about as much like Dude Ranch as "Go".

I am going to make a prediction that this album will be nothing like any of their past albums. There might be hints of past albums, but I am betting there will be a lot more AVA influence than anything from the past.

Take Plus 44 and AVA and mix them together and that will be the new album.

I hope it's not the case, but I am betting it is. I mean, do you honestly think after 7 years of writing that shit Tom calls AVA that he will magically revert back to music he use to write? Yeah? Not gonna happen.

I am going to make a prediction that this album will be nothing like any of their past albums. There might be hints of past albums, but I am betting there will be a lot more AVA influence than anything from the past.

I hope it's not the case, but I am betting it is. I mean, do you honestly think after 7 years of writing that shit Tom calls AVA that he will magically revert back to music he use to write? Yeah? Not gonna happen.

What gives me hope is that is vocal melodies are still really good.  Just looking at that new clip, sure the instrumentals are exactly the same as all the other AVA songs, but the vocals are really catchy.  that "You will not surrender" hook was just echoing in my head for an hour after listening to those few seconds.  If the music had an Always-like vibe it would be a great blink song.  I'm more worried bout his lyrics... the Love lyrics are awful, they don't mean anything at all and are thrown together at random it seems.

What's with HDNSRMDSM releasing merch and stuff.  Who the hell do they think they are?  They're making a damn documentary, they are not special.  And what's with the retards buying the streeteam packages.  Why do people want to pay for stickers.  And why are they putting them on their delonge guitars.  blows my mind.

/rant

What gives me hope is that is vocal melodies are still really good.  Just looking at that new clip, sure the instrumentals are exactly the same as all the other AVA songs, but the vocals are really catchy.  that "You will not surrender" hook was just echoing in my head for an hour after listening to those few seconds.  If the music had an Always-like vibe it would be a great blink song.  I'm more worried bout his lyrics... the Love lyrics are awful, they don't mean anything at all and are thrown together at random it seems.

Yeah, that's very true. Generally speaking it doesn't matter what Genre a song is, as long as the melody is good, the song is good. (For the most part). Structure also has a lot to do with it, and AVA songs for me generally have bad melodies and crappy structure.

But if Tom can fix that stuff it can still sound somewhat like AVA and be really good. I think Travis on drums and input from Mark (if there is any) will greatly help some of Tom's problems.

What gives me hope is that is vocal melodies are still really good.  Just looking at that new clip, sure the instrumentals are exactly the same as all the other AVA songs, but the vocals are really catchy.  that "You will not surrender" hook was just echoing in my head for an hour after listening to those few seconds.  If the music had an Always-like vibe it would be a great blink song.  I'm more worried bout his lyrics... the Love lyrics are awful, they don't mean anything at all and are thrown together at random it seems.

wait, what clip are you talking about? There is only that modlife one right?

don't know if it's been posted (prolly) but looks at this clip:

that cabinet is the one they used on Asthenia to make the beginning sound super cool.

I hope it's not the case, but I am betting it is.

The melancholic mood on When Your Heart Stops Beating was a direct result of the breakup. With that cast aside, I expect Mark's writing to be more upbeat.

I think it might be worth mentioning that Tom may talk about AVA stuff more because he has complete control over what can and can't be released, both within the band and outside of it, since AVA isn't on a label (right? I thought Love was released completely independently).

With blink, it's such a larger thing with so many people involved that he probably has a much more limited ability to talk about stuff. Also in blink he has to go through Mark and Travis, but in AVA it's all just him. I remember that Mark interview where he said that if it were up to him, he would release a single really soon, long before the album is even off just to relieve pressure, but due to alot of other higher powers like the label he would probably be completely shut down. Things like this are completely out of the way for Tom and AVA, because in the band he can just do whatever and say whatever he wants, and outside of the band they don't have a label that won't allow him to make certain decisions about things.

wait, what clip are you talking about? There is only that modlife one right?