The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

there's no h inside that b. all the letters have built from 3 different font faces: a lowercase thin helvetica, an uppercase roman (the height is smaller than the x-height of the lowercase letters), and a chain-like custom font (same size as the lowercase font). so that is a B inside two other b's.

does it matter how they did it? the f on travis bassdrum in tmtts is also a logo not a letter. but still interesting to read how that blink font is made up. to me those "lines" of the capital B inside the b have more of an h to them then the right eye/head thing. but maybe thats just me.

That's just you. It's a B within a b that doesn't look even remotely like an H. There's no need to look beyond this fact. I bet you believe in UFOs too?

if you're gonna patronize him, you should say you bet he believe in extraterestrials too, not UFOs.  Because UFOs totally exist.  Heck, by name UFOs exist, Unidentified Flying Object.  See something flying in the air?  Can't identify it?  Its a UFO.  UFO does not mean aliens though.  It can be anything from secret government flight prototypes to someone's homemade remote control helicopter.

And even for what you were going for, if you're trying to say aliens don't exist, that would be incredibly ignorant, given the small fraction of a percentage of the universe we've explored.  Not to mention the chances of this being the only planet out there that can support life is just ridiculous.  However, do such planets harbor the advanced technology that would allow its inhabitants to travel to our planet.  Impossible to say, who knows how much more quickly another advanced species evolved, and what their planet's resources consist of.  To travel so far though, would require the use of wormholes or something though, because even at the speed of light, we're located lightyears away from anyone else.  But wow, I am getting way off topic.

You, MSandt are absolutely right to point out that the capital B in the lowercase b is just that, a capital B and not an H.  But I feel you are wrong to try and compare that to UFOs.

if you're gonna patronize him, you should say you bet he believe in extraterestrials too, not UFOs.  Because UFOs totally exist.  Heck, by name UFOs exist, Unidentified Flying Object.  See something flying in the air?  Can't identify it?  Its a UFO.  UFO does not mean aliens though.  It can be anything from secret government flight prototypes to someone's homemade remote control helicopter.

And even for what you were going for, if you're trying to say aliens don't exist, that would be incredibly ignorant, given the small fraction of a percentage of the universe we've explored.  Not to mention the chances of this being the only planet out there that can support life is just ridiculous.  However, do such planets harbor the advanced technology that would allow its inhabitants to travel to our planet.  Impossible to say, who knows how much more quickly another advanced species evolved, and what their planet's resources consist of.  To travel so far though, would require the use of wormholes or something though, because even at the speed of light, we're located lightyears away from anyone else.  But wow, I am getting way off topic.

You, MSandt are absolutely right to point out that the capital B in the lowercase b is just that, a capital B and not an H.  But I feel you are wrong to try and compare that to UFOs.

Well how do we know they haven't advanced so far that they know of  a faster speed then light?

We used to think the Earth was flat and everyone believed that.  Now we all believe nothing can travel faster then light, but I'm sure there's something out there that can, we just haven't figured it out yet.

In regards to the actually discussion, only on TOYPAJ was it ever actually intentional, and they just did it cause they thought it was funny.  In all honesty I doubt anyone but us on a fan forum would even think about that when their next album comes out.

there's no h inside that b. all the letters have built from 3 different font faces: a lowercase thin helvetica, an uppercase roman (the height is smaller than the x-height of the lowercase letters), and a chain-like custom font (same size as the lowercase font). so that is a B inside two other b's.

does it matter how they did it? the f on travis bassdrum in tmtts is also a logo not a letter. but still interesting to read how that blink font is made up. to me those "lines" of the capital B inside the b have more of an h to them then the right eye/head thing. but maybe thats just me.

That's just you. It's a B within a b that doesn't look even remotely like an H. There's no need to look beyond this fact. I bet you believe in UFOs too?

You need to calm down lol.

Any physical object traveling the speed of light, would become infinitely massive. faster than light-speed is highly unlikely in this universe, however, because it is likely that our universe "folds" over itself, like a fabric, scientists theorize that one could cut through the fabric (wormhole) and travel through it and end up in a different part of the universe, having only travelled a relatively short distance.

Other ideas for interstellar travel include creating black holes, and escaping through the other side as "Hawking Radiation."

You need to calm down lol.

haha I know, its just the thought about other life out there is exciting to say the least, and if you really think about it seems very likely if you ask me.  Its more of a question of if we can ever actually meet another one of these species

I know what the letters stand for but the word is generally used to refer to alien spacecrafts.

And even for what you were going for, if you're trying to say aliens don't exist,

I absolutely believe that there's life beyond this planet but, once again, UFO refers to alien spacecrafts visiting our planet, which is just stupid.

I know what the letters stand for but the word is generally used to refer to alien spacecrafts.

And even for what you were going for, if you're trying to say aliens don't exist,

I absolutely believe that there's life beyond this planet but, once again, UFO refers to alien spacecrafts visiting our planet, which is just stupid.

Ah, I see.  I would agree with you to an extent.  but I do believe there could be reason why we could still come in contact with other beings, wormholes or blackholes may be the means by which we can travel incredibly long distances over short periods of time.  And who's to say how advanced technology is on other planets, maybe they've found ways to harness and create wormholes to travel just about anywhere in the universe.  It may sound crazy, but I don't think its scientifically impossible.  So I dunno, mark me a skeptic, but I don't think every UFO can be dismissed as not extraterrestrials, it seems possible to me.

if you're gonna patronize him, you should say you bet he believe in extraterestrials too, not UFOs.  Because UFOs totally exist.  Heck, by name UFOs exist, Unidentified Flying Object.  See something flying in the air?  Can't identify it?  Its a UFO.  UFO does not mean aliens though.  It can be anything from secret government flight prototypes to someone's homemade remote control helicopter.

Ah, I see.  I would agree with you to an extent.  but I do believe there could be reason why we could still come in contact with other beings, wormholes or blackholes may be the means by which we can travel incredibly long distances over short periods of time.  And who's to say how advanced technology is on other planets, maybe they've found ways to harness and create wormholes to travel just about anywhere in the universe.  It may sound crazy, but I don't think its scientifically impossible.  So I dunno, mark me a skeptic, but I don't think every UFO can be dismissed as not extraterrestrials, it seems possible to me.

I'm not dismissing the possibility that we could one day be visited by aliens but there's no evidence that this has happened and it's not likely to happen any time soon. I have read several books according to which aliens have visited the Earth many times (I wouldn't be surprised if Tom had read some of those books as well) but they have merely convinced me of the opposite.

Travis is in NYC recording drums all day in some studio.  i wonder what he could be recording drums for?........hahah here's to hoping he's knocking out some more blink tracks to send back to the guys in cali.

mark's also in new york, isn't he? and he said travis will be a guest someday on hoppus on music. maybe today.

can we vote unlimited amount of times?

Yes, every few hours... Unless you know a way around that?

last year it was enough to block the cookies from mtv.com, but now it's not working.

it's enough to delete the browser cookies for this page, refresh, and you can vote as much as you want... :)

if you block the cookies (browser settings / security), it's even easier... pick, vote, return, pick, vote, return, and everytime it's a counted vote (or at least you see the "Thank you for voting!" text)...

edit: every vote from the same ip address is counted (so if you block the cookies, you can vote multiple times) but after 20-30 votes, it will block your ip, for a "cool off period"...

the only way to vote more than once, if you can change your ip address.