The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

b182 blew. They were our enemies.

Half sarcastic.

Can't wait for the song to come out. I highly doubt we'll get two. I don't care though, one is fine with me.

for the most part b182 did blow, but they were the ones that got the exclusive interview with Mark where he revealed all the circumstances behind the break up, and so for that, I have to give them credit for finding and breaking big blink news before anyone else did.

b182 blew. They were our enemies.

Half sarcastic.

Can't wait for the song to come out. I highly doubt we'll get two. I don't care though, one is fine with me.

for the most part b182 did blow, but they were the ones that got the exclusive interview with Mark where he revealed all the circumstances behind the break up, and so for that, I have to give them credit for finding and breaking big blink news before anyone else did.

Wow, that was them?  I forgot all about that.  I wonder how they managed that.  That was a crazy interview.  So sad for Blink fans.  Wasn't there a lot of contradictory stuff in there (that we found out when they got back together)?  I vaguely remember it. 

Man, thinking back to the broken-up years, that was so depressing.  We never knew if our idols would ever be friends again.  Makes me appreciate where we're at now.

I remember reading Marks HMNIM post breaking the news that him and Travis talked with Tom and that they were rebuilding their friendship.  I had chills the entire time I read, and was literally tearing up.  That was one of the most emotional things I've ever read.  I never thought I'd be so happy and emotional that 3 guys, not including myself, became friends again.

And now, we're weeks away from an album.  Stunning, isn't it?

Guest austiiinnnn

It's killing me that we don't have a release date for the new song.  I'm sure it's next week sometime according to Mark's post last week but I would just like to know. 

They probably honestly have no idea what the release date is.

Remember when Mark said the deadline to turn in the single was 3 days ago?

Yeah, he just got back the first mix of 1 song last night. Besides the fact that the rest of the band has to listen to it too, and then choose from other possible mixes of the same song, it still has to be mastered.

Like that one guy said, we should probably expect a song the first week of August.

It's killing me that we don't have a release date for the new song.  I'm sure it's next week sometime according to Mark's post last week but I would just like to know. 

Yeah, he just got back the first mix of 1 song last night. Besides the fact that the rest of the band has to listen to it too, and then choose from other possible mixes of the same song, it still has to be mastered.

Like that one guy said, we should probably expect a song the first week of August.

Do you NOT read anything Mark has said? He said we will get it within the next two weeks.

I HIGHLY doubt the song he was listening to last night was the single. They have DATES i dunno how many times Mark has to tell us they have dates for everything.

For now i'm going with Mark's word that we will get the song within the next Two Weeks otherwise he wouldn't of made a big blog post about it to get us all hyped up. Relax this shit is coming and it WILL be before tour.

Do you NOT read anything Mark has said? He said we will get it within the next two weeks.

I HIGHLY doubt the song he was listening to last night was the single. They have DATES i dunno how many times Mark has to tell us they have dates for everything.

For now i'm going with Mark's word that we will get the song within the next Two Weeks otherwise he wouldn't of made a big blog post about it to get us all hyped up. Relax this shit is coming and it WILL be before tour.

I believe we get the song next week.  They also got to shoot the music video soon.  I bet that happens next week too.

I believe we get the song next week.  They also got to shoot the music video soon.  I bet that happens next week too.

I can see that, Maybe even shoot the video this week??

Guest austiiinnnn

It's killing me that we don't have a release date for the new song.  I'm sure it's next week sometime according to Mark's post last week but I would just like to know.  

Mark listened to the first [semi complete] song from the album last night. That was pretty obvious by the way he said listening to it from the other side of the creative process.

Had he listened/chosen/turned in a single 3 days ago, he would have tweeted about it like he did last night. Last night was the first time he's heard a full song from the new blink-182.

It's funny that you keep going with Mark's word even though he's shown to be unreliable with due dates and release dates.

EDIT: just re-read his tumblr post, he even SAYS it's the first mixed song on the album. Do you think they turned in an unmixed song 3 days ago?? The label does not have a blink-182 song right now. And they probably won't for a couple weeks.

I say it'll take about a week for the rest of the band to take 5 minutes to listen to their own song. Then another week for it to get mastered. Then they listen to that. THEN it gets turned into the label and that's when the whole "2 weeks" thing Mark was talking about starts.

It's killing me that we don't have a release date for the new song.  I'm sure it's next week sometime according to Mark's post last week but I would just like to know.  

Mark listened to the first [semi complete] song from the album last night. That was pretty obvious by the way he said listening to it from the other side of the creative process.

Had he listened/chosen/turned in a single 3 days ago, he would have tweeted about it like he did last night. Last night was the first time he's heard a full song from the new blink-182.

It's funny that you keep going with Mark's word even though he's shown to be unreliable with due dates and release dates.

Does it really fucking matter? We'll get new music before the tour which is now less then a month away.

It's still possible we can get a new song within two weeks, all they have to do is upload it to iTunes or their website.

Lol, it be cool if the commercial we keep seeing pics from actually turned out to be the new music video and they just wanted to fool us  :-P

Not suggesting that might be the case but it would be cool/funny.

That actually wouldn't surprise me at all..

I find discussion and speculation on the single/album release date, is unnecessary at this time.

We've been doing that for 2 years. We are down to the wire now. I am just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

i like doing that too haha

And in the case they are sharing the songs via Yosendit or Rapidshare and stuff like that, can be password protected or just not having the real name. I can't imagine Tom sending Mark s ong via Megaupload with this name 'blink-182 - up all night.mp3'. Maybe something like number or stupid names jut to prevent google index it, even if they are deleting it just after the file arrived to the others.

dropbox.com is what all the academics at my school use, I'd assume musicians would use the same thing or a similar service.  It requires a username and password to get into the file folder, and from there you just click in drag files into the folder and it shows up instantly on any other user's desktop.