The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Hell, if you wanna get real technical about it, you could say that blink is back together today because of Scott Raynor.  Scott became a drunk and unreliable for their drummer so Mark and Tom had to make the decision of replacing him, and with whom.  Thus they turned to Travis, setting off the series of events that have led up to now.  Think about it, if Scott was somehow with blink still, he probably wouldn't have been someone DJ AM wanted to play with (not really the style AM was looking for, plus Scott was never gonna become an amazing drummer), and that series of events would never have been set in motion.  Of course you could also argue that with Scott still as their drummer they never would have gotten as big as they did which is probably true, and they might not have ever broken up or they'd have broken up even sooner.

Well if Tom had never been born then he wouldn't have been there to pull Blink apart and cause the break up  :wink:

Hell, if you wanna get real technical about it, you could say that blink is back together today because of Scott Raynor.  Scott became a drunk and unreliable for their drummer so Mark and Tom had to make the decision of replacing him, and with whom.  Thus they turned to Travis, setting off the series of events that have led up to now.  Think about it, if Scott was somehow with blink still, he probably wouldn't have been someone DJ AM wanted to play with (not really the style AM was looking for, plus Scott was never gonna become an amazing drummer), and that series of events would never have been set in motion.  Of course you could also argue that with Scott still as their drummer they never would have gotten as big as they did which is probably true, and they might not have ever broken up or they'd have broken up even sooner.

Well if Tom had never been born then he wouldn't have been there to pull Blink apart and cause the break up  :wink:

moot point. If Tom was never born, blink would never exist, and thus I wouldn't be geeking out over my favorite band here, because they never would have been around.

moot point. If Tom was never born, blink would never exist, and thus I wouldn't be geeking out over my favorite band here, because they never would have been around.

WellPlayed.gif

haha I love you guys.   Except for austiiinnnn.

It's Mark's sister's fault. She introduced Mark to Tom.

Again, this point doesn't work, if they never met, blink would have never existed.  Its a question of who's fault it ultimately is that blink are back after breaking up, and I was just going way back for laughs.  You could say whoever it was that scheduled the tour with the Aquabats way back when, and/or whoever it was from the Aquabats that noticed Travis as a drummer and asked him to join the band, but since I can't put a specific name to either of these events, I think tracing it back to Scott is as far back as you can for a named entity.

Travis' crash happened on my Birthday.  Crazy.  If it wasn't for that, there would be no album right now.  

I was thinking the other day, that really, if it wasn't for DJ AM, there wouldn't be new blink on the way.  DJ AM wanted to make music with Travis and he wanted to make music with DJ AM, they toured the country and their jet failed horribly.  Leaving terrible scars on them both (both physically and mentally).  Whats sad is that this also very likely was part of what lead to Adam's death a year later.  Travis ultimately turned the scars into a positive thing, Adam unfortunately did not.  Heck I can't say I'd have been any different in his situation, its just how it is.

OMG. This is going too far, dude!

Travis' crash happened on my Birthday.  Crazy.  If it wasn't for that, there would be no album right now.  

I was thinking the other day, that really, if it wasn't for DJ AM, there wouldn't be new blink on the way.  DJ AM wanted to make music with Travis and he wanted to make music with DJ AM, they toured the country and their jet failed horribly.  Leaving terrible scars on them both (both physically and mentally).  Whats sad is that this also very likely was part of what lead to Adam's death a year later.  Travis ultimately turned the scars into a positive thing, Adam unfortunately did not.  Heck I can't say I'd have been any different in his situation, its just how it is.

haha don't read my following posts then, I got way more ridiculous with it lol.

haha don't read my following posts then, I got way more ridiculous with it lol.

Shit, done! hahahah. Guys, you're totally hyperventilating, huh?

Who honestly put my karma down for my last few posts?! Don't you people know I die a little inside everytime it goes down?  :lol:

I didn't realize that karma thing was user voted on or something.  Mine must be low because of that ridiculously simple and overblown miscommunication I had with William McKinley, in which case I'd love to have been in the loop on what I was being called out on.  I've made multiple attempts to snuff out any issues that became of it, but to no avail, I guess.

Oh well, new Blink prevails over everything, lol.

Who honestly put my karma down for my last few posts?! Don't you people know I die a little inside everytime it goes down?  :lol:

I didn't realize that karma thing was user voted on or something.  Mine must be low because of that ridiculously simple and overblown miscommunication I had with William McKinley, in which case I'd love to have been in the loop on what I was being called out on.  I've made multiple attempts to snuff out any issues that became of it, but to no avail, I guess.

Oh well, new Blink prevails over everything, lol.

Lol yeah, you can +/- people's karma when you've got 100 posts I think?

But yeah... Back to Blink  :-P

LOL. I was at like positive four a week ago, and now I'm at -4 or something. I'm also dying :P

Anyway, back on topic... I totally need to read Tales From Beneath Your Mom again. That was a great book.

If were this excited before the single i can't imagine how this place will be once we get it!

it'll be crazy and just like mark said 1/3 hating, 1/3 loving, 1/3 trying to figure out if they like it or not. I've always been one of those kinda people though that knows when I'm gonna like/love something. Like movies and music and I know that I'm gonna love the single and the album. Blink has never disappointed me when it comes to their music