The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I leave for vacation Friday and will have shitty internet connection so PLEASEPLEASE be released before then, blink single!

I'll be surprised if it's released this week, I'm thinking the week of the 17th or the 24th.

Why would the label hold on to it though? It's mixed and mastered and in their hands now.

I leave for vacation Friday and will have shitty internet connection so PLEASEPLEASE be released before then, blink single!

I'll be surprised if it's released this week, I'm thinking the week of the 17th or the 24th.

Why would the label hold on to it though? It's mixed and mastered and in their hands now.

Yeah, I'd say if anything, they're just waiting for a release day to get it out there. I could be wrong, but I would honestly expect a release on this coming Tuesday or Friday.

Sum 41's label held on to their album for 9 months because they wanted it to be a winter release, so who knows what these label guys are thinking.

Sum 41's label held on to their album for 9 months because they wanted it to be a winter release, so who knows what these label guys are thinking.

Different label though.  Really doubt a label would hold on to something that they know is probably going to be a success.

Yeah, I'd say if anything, they're just waiting for a release day to get it out there. I could be wrong, but I would honestly expect a release on this coming Tuesday or Friday.

I hope so, I'm just not getting my hopes up for something this week. That way if it does come this week it'll be a surprise and I won't be pissed that we didn't get anything.

Labels don't need a reason to hold on to it because they're dicks like that.

I hope it just shows up on their website this week sometime.

I wonder if we could find out if anyone straight up emailed the label and asked, haha.

doubt it... the label and the band are def planning some kinda big release as its their first snippet of music in the last 8 years... it would be different if they had never split and had albums out in the last few years.. blink and the label no this first taste of music is huge .. almost could make or break the bands credibility

I'm thinking they'll tell us a release date this week and release it July 19th.  Gives a bit of time for it to get big on the radio and promote the tour.

It will either be this or it will just pop up on itunes on tuesday this week.

I'm thinking they'll tell us a release date this week and release it July 19th.  Gives a bit of time for it to get big on the radio and promote the tour.

Hope so, cause new music will for sure help sell more tickets.

you think the label would want to promote to get the most bang for their buck.... Like if you think about it this is a big deal to modern rock music.. a very well known bands first taste of music in forever is getting released you dont think they would just spring it on us... though blink is random and you never know what will happen haha

you think the label would want to promote to get the most bang for their buck.... Like if you think about it this is a big deal to modern rock music.. a very well known bands first taste of music in forever is getting released you dont think they would just spring it on us... though blink is random and you never know what will happen haha

It's not as big a deal to everyone else as it is to us hardcore fans.

The more I think about it that way, it does seem likely that it could just drop in two days with no notice.  There's not as much point in announcing/hyping a song, most people are only going to care once they hear it.

It's not as big a deal to everyone else as it is to us hardcore fans.

The more I think about it that way, it does seem likely that it could just drop in two days with no notice.  There's not as much point in announcing/hyping a song, most people are only going to care once they hear it.

I guess you are right.. but you got to assume there is alot of non hardcore fans that are very interested too. im sure the whole genre is interested.. its a big deal but like you said at the same time since im a huge fan it could seem more big then it is..