The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Down music video was OK.  I dug the videos of them performing, seemed like a really cool room for that shot.  But the video itself was so-so.  I think they could have gone with a very literal video for the song, you know a guy and a girl in a car together as it starts to rain.  Guy wanting to make his first move but being scared and what not.  Could have been really well done.

However, what I was disappointed in video wise was I Miss You, not because the video isn't good.  I actually do enjoy it, its just that it didn't live up to what they originally said the video would be.  They initially said the video would be them playing in the mansion, but you soon learn that the mansion is haunted, and books and shit would fly off of shelves and things like that.  I thought it sounded really cool, and was sad to see the whole haunted aspect was dropped (unless you interpret it to be haunted, which i supposed you could, but its not very apparent if it is.

Always and Feeling This were great videos.

I'd love it if they went back to making funny music videos. Three out of the four untitled music videos downright sucked, with only Always being good/funny.

well none of the songs on untitled were joke songs or songs that could be remotely considered funny. more so serious, so I dunno what you expected from those videos? Did you want them running around naked to I Miss You?

If they had made an overly romantic music video for ATST to match its lyrics and tone people never could have imagined that the song might work with a funny video.

Of course, there are limits to what you can do. For example, a light video probably wouldn't have worked with Adam's Song or STFTK. But Feeling This, Down and I Miss You in no way warranted boring music videos. For example, in an alternative I Miss You music video you could have the band goofing around in that mansion in a Burtonesque style.

Edit:

They initially said the video would be them playing in the mansion, but you soon learn that the mansion is haunted, and books and shit would fly off of shelves and things like that.  I thought it sounded really cool, and was sad to see the whole haunted aspect was dropped (unless you interpret it to be haunted, which i supposed you could, but its not very apparent if it is

Yeah, I'd have loved exactly something like that, the band running in panic (in a funny way) from ghosts and other weird stuff in that mansion.

I'd love it if they went back to making funny music videos. Three out of the four untitled music videos downright sucked, with only Always being good/funny.

well none of the songs on untitled were joke songs or songs that could be remotely considered funny. more so serious, so I dunno what you expected from those videos? Did you want them running around naked to I Miss You?

If they had made an overly romantic music video for ATST to match its lyrics and tone people never could have imagined that the song might work with a funny video.

Of course, there are limits to what you can do. For example, a light video probably wouldn't have worked with Adam's Song or STFTK. But Feeling This, Down and I Miss You in no way warranted boring music videos. For example, in an alternative I Miss You music video you could have the band goofing around in that mansion in a Burtonesque style.

You thought the Feeling This video was boring?  Thats one of my favorite videos of theirs.  Sure its not too funny, but I love it, the video totally matches the energy of the song, and I dig the whole premise of a fucked up preppy school rebelling. 

Man I hope there's a song on the new album which has the same feeling of Feeling This. I love the aggression and shouting but then the softer, tuney chrous and then Mark's almost rapped part. Personally thought it was a very punk-rock song and suited Blink perfectly. Easily one of Blink's best songs.

Man I hope there's a song on the new album which has the same feeling of Feeling This. I love the aggression and shouting but then the softer, tuney chrous and then Mark's almost rapped part. Personally thought it was a very punk-rock song and suited Blink perfectly. Easily one of Blink's best songs.

The best part of feeling this has to be the very end when all instrumentation is gone and its just their voices keeping the song going, god I fucking love that.

You thought the Feeling This video was boring?  Thats one of my favorite videos of theirs.  Sure its not too funny, but I love it, the video totally matches the energy of the song, and I dig the whole premise of a fucked up preppy school rebelling. 

In school I never felt like a rebel myself so I don't really get the video.

What's to get?  I wasn't a rebel either, but I get it.  people compare schools to prisons, the video blurs the line of the analogy, and the kids get sick of being treated like prisoners and rebel.

I've always thought of the video as more of a metaphore for teenagers rebeling against adults who try to control them without understanding them and always thoguht of the school/youth prison as representing the teenagers trapped and controlled life... but that's just me  :-P

Feeling This - Just awesome, like M!ke said, it matches the energy of the song. Maybe one of my favourite music vids.

I Miss You - Terrible. They really should have tried to get Burton, could've been interesting.

Down - Don't get it, WTF have gangsters and cops to do with the song. Was probably Travis' idea.

Always - Pretty cool and creative with the split screens.

These don't really count but......

Fallen Interlude - I quite dig it, with the girl on the beach, Travis drumming....cool shit.

Violence/Stockholm - This could have been really creative (with the letter and stuff), but it was just really plain (still appreciate they took the effort to make these).

I can't even get through Feeling This today if I tried. Not a huge fan of the song, and I just don't enjoy David Lachapelle's vision in this. Especially with the "punks" running around on the rooftop makes me cringe. Blink themselves are great, but the whole school setting just irritates me.

I Miss You was probably the best video from that album cycle, very romantic and great atmosphere. Took the song to a bigger level.

Down was also really well done, the only problem is the ending that didn't go anywhere. He gets free and goes to his friend's house. Okay..

Always is the most well-rounded of the four, and really is fun to watch. Great use of the members and creative. Song rocks too.

Why is EVERYTHING such a fucking secret with this band? Seriously.

It pisses me off that they cant even tell their fans release dates. This has got to be one of the most anticipated records to be released in a very long time, and blink-182 has failed to hype it up and get the word out there. Hell, its under a month until their tour (which is for their new record) starts and we don't even have a damn single yet, or even an album name! Jesus christ!

/rant.

People not liking the feeling this video?  Seems so crazy to me.  

I Miss You was meh, they could have done way better things with that video.  Not that they should have dropped the whole premise, its a great setting, but it needed more direction.  I get that they were going for an art video, and realistically it probably is their most artistic video, its just I wish there was like a coherent thought somewhere in the video, like I said if they had used the haunted mansion idea they could have made the video so much better.

Why is EVERYTHING such a fucking secret with this band? Seriously.

It pisses me off that they cant even tell their fans release dates. This has got to be one of the most anticipated records to be released in a very long time, and blink-182 has failed to hype it up and get the word out there. Hell, its under a month until their tour (which is for their new record) starts and we don't even have a damn single yet, or even an album name! Jesus christ!

/rant.

I admit, it is very strange.

Down music video was OK.  I dug the videos of them performing, seemed like a really cool room for that shot.  But the video itself was so-so.  I think they could have gone with a very literal video for the song, you know a guy and a girl in a car together as it starts to rain.  Guy wanting to make his first move but being scared and what not.  Could have been really well done.

Yeah, "Down" could have had a great literal video because it has so much imagery. I always imagine the scene when I'm listening to the song. It would have been amazing if done well.

obviously you didn't get the point of the two chicks making out fagget.

Years ago, wasn't there someone on here who claimed that the the women kissing were actually Mark and Tom? :lol:

Down music video was OK.  I dug the videos of them performing, seemed like a really cool room for that shot.  But the video itself was so-so.  I think they could have gone with a very literal video for the song, you know a guy and a girl in a car together as it starts to rain.  Guy wanting to make his first move but being scared and what not.  Could have been really well done.

Yeah, "Down" could have had a great literal video because it has so much imagery. I always imagine the scene when I'm listening to the song. It would have been amazing if done well.

Years ago, wasn't there someone on here who claimed that the the women kissing were actually Mark and Tom? :lol:

I do remember that! Oh, you crazy kids.

I do remember that! Oh, you crazy kids.

hahah damn! that takes me back..