The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I can't even get through Feeling This today if I tried. Not a huge fan of the song, and I just don't enjoy David Lachapelle's vision in this. Especially with the "punks" running around on the rooftop makes me cringe. Blink themselves are great, but the whole school setting just irritates me.

I Miss You was probably the best video from that album cycle, very romantic and great atmosphere. Took the song to a bigger level.

Down was also really well done, the only problem is the ending that didn't go anywhere. He gets free and goes to his friend's house. Okay..

Always is the most well-rounded of the four, and really is fun to watch. Great use of the members and creative. Song rocks too.

said it perfectly, my fav video of all the ones from untitled. Not a fan of the down video or Feeling This. I hear ya about the "punks" being cringe worthy and a lot in that video just makes me kinda ehhhhh. I Miss You was fine, looking back on it this may sound crazy. But I think it'd be awesome if they did a sorta stop motion/claymation video for that song. Kinda like that claymation episode of community? Or along the lines of a nightmare before christmas seeing as some of the song revolves around that movie. Prob would of cost a lot and taken time obviously but just something that I think could of been pulled off nicely.

obviously you didn't get the point of the two chicks making out fagget.

Yeah, I didn't get the point of that part.  What was the point?  Seriously, don't get me wrong, its very nice imagery, but, the fuck does it have to do with anything?  The whole video seems so disorganized and random almost like its a dream or something.

And i totally remember the debate about the two chicks being Mark and Tom, someone like pointed out a mole or something and said, "See they match up!" Its Mark and Tom.  Lol, good times.

Also Down like most people are saying should of been done totally differently. I was thinking Down could of taken almost a direction like the There Is Video. Would of been awesome I think. Both of box car's videos to me were perfect.

"There Is" is probably my favourite music video ever.

Also Down like most people are saying should of been done totally differently. I was thinking Down could of taken almost a direction like the There Is Video. Would of been awesome I think. Both of box car's videos to me were perfect.

"There Is" is probably my favourite music video ever.

There Is is perfect. I love the premise of that video. Plus it's my favorite song of all time, so that helps too. :P But on the other hand, I Miss You is easily my second favorite song, if not tied for first, but I don't really like the I Miss You music video. If I wanna watch an I Miss You video, I'll watch the Pepsi Smash performance, because THAT is awesome.

-I loved the down video. it was shot really well, and wasnt cliche/predictable. def one of my favorite videos.

-feeling this was cool, the performance shots were def my favorite blink performance shots of any video. i liked the stuff w the guy and the girl, and the chicks in their panties throwing tampons around. the weird teacher rebelling stuff was kinda ehh but the performance shots made up for that.

-i miss you was a good video, very dark and def fit the song. very strange. not much of a premise but thats "art" for you. plus, we finally got to see mark and tom making out in drag.

-always was a great video. funny concept but not over the top/trying too hard. def had a brit feel to it. any blink video trying to be funnier than that would be kinda awkward and probably ruin their legacy. im all for funny moments in videos and such but most people would see them trying to be the "funny band" again would just find it pathetic.

I must have missed this interview here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuYH_YWD1oM&feature=channel_video_title#ws

What I find interesting is Mark says at about 2:23:

"We have 14 songs almost done ready for mix, and I think we have 5 or 6 more that we wanna try and get written and recorded during these last 6 weeks" (interview is from June 10th).

So what exactly do you think we're looking at song number wise?  I know two or three months ago Mark said they were looking at a 10 to 12 song album, but now it sounds like they're definitely getting 14 songs mixed, and want to get up to 6 more songs recorded.  Thats 20 songs  :-o

Obviously, its to be expected that a few songs just don't make the cut, and maybe there will be a couple of bonus tracks.  But even so, it sounds like we're looking at larger album than we had been believing for a while there.

we will probably get 14 or 15 songs total. i think they dropped the 6 more because just a few weeks after they said that they were saying the album was basically done besides recording a few minor parts of completed songs. they probably had 5 or 6 more ideas but just ran out of time. maybe we will see them on the next record.

obviously you didn't get the point of the two chicks making out fagget.

Yeah, I didn't get the point of that part.  What was the point?  Seriously, don't get me wrong, its very nice imagery, but, the fuck does it have to do with anything?  The whole video seems so disorganized and random almost like its a dream or something.

And i totally remember the debate about the two chicks being Mark and Tom, someone like pointed out a mole or something and said, "See they match up!" Its Mark and Tom.  Lol, good times.

Yeah, that was a good one. I still look for that everytime I watch the video.

As to the purpose, I have no clue. It's hot? But I still think it goes with the creepy/halloween mood for the song.

we will probably get 14 or 15 songs total. i think they dropped the 6 more because just a few weeks after they said that they were saying the album was basically done besides recording a few minor parts of completed songs. they probably had 5 or 6 more ideas but just ran out of time. maybe we will see them on the next record.

Or maybe they'll release an ep or something within a year (crazy I know, but not impossible).

didnt blink say they were gonna release an ep after untitled w a cure cover on it at one point?

yup, well I recall them saying the cure cover would come to the next blink album a bunch of months after Mark had stated they would release a new ep in an interview after a show in Europe, as it was something "they'd never really done before"  I recall those being his exact words.  Of course the breakup ended any possibility of a new ep.  The tunes they were recording on the road as demos, Tom then took and made them into We Don't Need To Whisper.

didnt blink say they were gonna release an ep after untitled w a cure cover on it at one point?

yup, well I recall them saying the cure cover would come to the next blink album a bunch of months after Mark had stated they would release a new ep in an interview after a show in Europe, as it was something "they'd never really done before"  I recall those being his exact words.  Of course the breakup ended any possibility of a new ep.  The tunes they were recording on the road as demos, Tom then took and made them into We Don't Need To Whisper.

A studio recorded version of their A Letter to Elise cover would have been so rad. I really love what they did with that song.

Here's the mention of the ep that I found while doing some internet sleuthing: http://web.archive.org/web/20040929122617/http://www.punktastic.com/index.php?navID=1&PHPSESSID=eafda26deb7b8e2b08cb152bdb391df5

This was from May 2004

Mark said this about the future in a recent interview:

"We are talking about recording an EP of new songs during our summer US tour. Then we have a lot more touring to do.We will probably start recording the new album next year."

I must have missed this interview here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuYH_YWD1oM&feature=channel_video_title#ws

What I find interesting is Mark says at about 2:23:

"We have 14 songs almost done ready for mix, and I think we have 5 or 6 more that we wanna try and get written and recorded during these last 6 weeks" (interview is from June 10th).

So what exactly do you think we're looking at song number wise?  I know two or three months ago Mark said they were looking at a 10 to 12 song album, but now it sounds like they're definitely getting 14 songs mixed, and want to get up to 6 more songs recorded.  Thats 20 songs  :-o

Obviously, its to be expected that a few songs just don't make the cut, and maybe there will be a couple of bonus tracks.  But even so, it sounds like we're looking at larger album than we had been believing for a while there.

That Guy Sounds Like a Pre-recorded Robot.