The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

The fact that it's Up All Night got me even more excited. To me it's kind of like a...idk like a "told you so". like it's 2 years late but it's still their first single.

yeah, but if you think the song is even remotely similar to whatever they had back then, then that would be foolish.

Tom even said in an interview a few months back, that the song name "Up All Night" had a history behind it, so it was probably a title that would stick around.  It sounded like they still wanted to use the name, but had something very if not completely different for it than whatever it was they had back then.

The fact that it's Up All Night got me even more excited. To me it's kind of like a...idk like a "told you so". like it's 2 years late but it's still their first single.

yeah, but if you think the song is even remotely similar to whatever they had back then, then that would be foolish.

Tom even said in an interview a few months back, that the song name "Up All Night" had a history behind it, so it was probably a title that would stick around.  It sounded like they still wanted to use the name, but had something very if not completely different for it than whatever it was they had back then.

I don't know man, they said they were almost done the song two years ago but then they had to go on tour.  Tom said at that point it was one of his top 5 favorite blink songs, so I don't know why they would just scrap it but keep the name.

I don't know man, they said they were almost done the song two years ago but then they had to go on tour.  Tom said at that point it was one of his top 5 favorite blink songs, so I don't know why they would just scrap it but keep the name.

Exactly Tom would say something like that if it sounded a hell of a lot like an AVA song.  He probably took whatever they had there, tweaked it and used it for AVA.  I said it before and I'll say it again, I bet it wasn't released because they made a group decision that it sounded too much like an AVA song and they knew how that would alienate and upset most of the fanbase, especially if it was their first new song.

The fact that Tom said that Up All Night was a song name that had been floating around for a while so they figured they would use it for something just sounded like whatever song they had back then was no longer a blink song.  But thats just my interpretation of it all.

Exactly Tom would say something like that if it sounded a hell of a lot like an AVA song.  He probably took whatever they had there, tweaked it and used it for AVA.  I said it before and I'll say it again, I bet it wasn't released because they made a group decision that it sounded too much like an AVA song and they knew how that would alienate and upset most of the fanbase, especially if it was their first new song.

The fact that Tom said that Up All Night was a song name that had been floating around for a while so they figured they would use it for something just sounded like whatever song they had back then was no longer a blink song.  But thats just my interpretation of it all.

Well, at the very least, I remember an interview they gave back then that said that the song sounded heavy, so I'm not sure how AVA-like it was.  Considering that it's being described similarly now, it could very well be some evolution of the track we were supposed to hear back in 2009

Well, at the very least, I remember an interview they gave back then that said that the song sounded heavy, so I'm not sure how AVA-like it was.  Considering that it's being described similarly now, it could very well be some evolution of the track we were supposed to hear back in 2009

Yeah, I don't think anyone would be "foolish" to think it's the same song.

You honestly think the song they're going to release is the same exact thing that they had ready back in 2009?  LOL

timeanddate.com has a nice converter to find out what time it will be for you if anyone is not sure.

also one of the mods should put up a sticky topic or something a few hours before so we can post in there about it, as its not really general discussion and i dont want to login to see 25 different topics of people saying its awesome it sucks heres my review

You honestly think the song they're going to release is the same exact thing that they had ready back in 2009?  LOL

Its just as likely considering they would hold it until they were nearly finished with the whole album. its the same marketing strategy most big bands have now.

but of course im sure they may have tweaked it over time