The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

99% written by tom? i doubt they'd say that in public even if it was true.

I was thinking the same thing.

Also, we know they've re-recorded parts over the last two years. Hell the video of Travis doing drums on the end of the song was just taken like a month ago.

Is anyone else's blink show not selling well at all?

Calgary show floor tickets are sold out of course, it was like that minutes after the ticket release.  However the lower bowl of the arena appears to be only 70% full or so.

But get this: on the second level, you can still get two tickets in row two directly besides the stage.  That means that almost no second level tickets have sold.

Blink-182 management got really cocky this time around.  They increased the number of seats available, increased the prices, and they apparently didn't consider that they were just here two years ago, and there's not going to be that many people willing to drop the kind of money they are charging on a band they just saw recently.

And I like Up All Night and all, but we all know it's not going to be a radio hit.  Nobody is going to hear that song and rush to ticketmaster to grab blink-182 tickets.  They really need to release a more radio friendly song before tour starts, if the ticket sales for Calgary are any indication.  And they need to lower the damn prices but it's probably too late for that.  $75 for a second level seat is just outrageous, especially considering the average age and income level of the fanbase.  The same seat for a Foo Fighters concert is $60.

I'm not trying to start the money debate again... in fact it actually seems like they would make MORE money if they lowered the prices because more people would buy the tickets.  They could fill at least half the of the second level with $50 tickets in my estimation.  They appear to have filled 1 row of that entire level with $75 tickets.  Someone tell their managers to take an econ class.

given that the tour has so much sponsorship there is NO excuse for tickets to be so expensive.

AvA has to be funded somehow, right?

Plus, they have to pay a lot of people. Lots of people on the blink 182 crew.

I sure hope we get pyrotechnics on this tour

given that the tour has so much sponsorship there is NO excuse for tickets to be so expensive.

Exactly.  I paid $90 for a pit ticket to see them in St. Louis the last tour.  No way am I paying $80+ for a pit ticket this time around. 

I'm hopefully just gonna get a $20 lawn ticket and sneak into the pit with my bro and friends. 

Exactly.  I paid $90 for a pit ticket to see them in St. Louis the last tour.  No way am I paying $80+ for a pit ticket this time around. 

I'm hopefully just gonna get a $20 lawn ticket and sneak into the pit with my bro and friends. 

Really? For me tickets are much more expensive than in 2009. I payed about $60 for my pit ticket in Portland. This time they're like $85 (in Seattle, since there is no Portland stop this time :cry: )

See that's what I'm talking about, even members of a pretty hardcore fan forum aren't going because of prices.  Is this not the band that did the Dolla Bill Tour?

They're going into this tour with overpriced tickets, no marketable single, no album on the shelves, and to top things off they just did the exact thing two years ago.  This could be a complete nightmare for them attendance-wise, maybe even financially depending on sponsorship and production costs.

If I'm managing this band, I'm doing everything in my power to get their most radio-friendly new song on the radio by next week, even though they just released a single last week.  I think that's the only thing they can do to help the situation at this point.

It just sucks to have to watch them in a half full arena, part of what made 2009 so special was that it was sold out with blink fans.

My show (Portland, OR) was pretty empty. But it was one of the shows that were added on to the tour last minute. I think part of it is when tour dates were first announced, with no Oregon date, a lot of people bought Seattle tickets instead. But still, Mark said it was the smallest show of the entire tour. The seats were pretty empty, and the pit wasn't too full either. Which, honestly, was sort of cool. But I can't help but think it won't help to convince them to keep coming back =/ I friggin' hate the music scene is this state.

Mark doesn't mention shooting his show at all this week

"Good Morning, Humanity!! Busy week this week. Rehearsals with full production, video shoot for Up All Night, finish mixing the album, and leave for tour. LET'S SEW THIS!!"

From his facebook

"Good Morning, Humanity!! Busy week this week. Rehearsals with full production, video shoot for Up All Night, finish mixing the album, and leave for tour. LET'S SEW THIS!!"

From his facebook

haha just posted this in the UAN thread. Anyways, nice to know they are filming the video now.

From his facebook

haha just posted this in the UAN thread. Anyways, nice to know they are filming the video now.

Yeah, Maybe they're filming the show without him, I know they've done that before.