The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

It just sucks to have to watch them in a half full arena, part of what made 2009 so special was that it was sold out with blink fans.

My show (Portland, OR) was pretty empty. But it was one of the shows that were added on to the tour last minute. I think part of it is when tour dates were first announced, with no Oregon date, a lot of people bought Seattle tickets instead. But still, Mark said it was the smallest show of the entire tour. The seats were pretty empty, and the pit wasn't too full either. Which, honestly, was sort of cool. But I can't help but think it won't help to convince them to keep coming back =/ I friggin' hate the music scene is this state.

I would KILL to be a part of the Portland music scene, I will trade you.

I'm seeing blink at Voodoo fest now, since none of the Civic shows will be coming near my college town.  Means there will be a lot of runoff from all the other shows, so it'll be hard to get in there, but I'm gonna make my way as close as I can.

Mark doesn't mention shooting his show at all this week

"Good Morning, Humanity!! Busy week this week. Rehearsals with full production, video shoot for Up All Night, finish mixing the album, and leave for tour. LET'S SEW THIS!!"

From his facebook

haha just posted this in the UAN thread. Anyways, nice to know they are filming the video now.

Yeah, Maybe they're filming the show without him, I know they've done that before.

I'm glad they are shooting the video before the tour kicks off. Cause if it was the other way around, we would have to wait a lot and maybe by then the song could be off the spot.

"Good Morning, Humanity!! Busy week this week. Rehearsals with full production, video shoot for Up All Night, finish mixing the album, and leave for tour. LET'S SEW THIS!!"

From his facebook

haha just posted this in the UAN thread. Anyways, nice to know they are filming the video now.

Yeah, Maybe they're filming the show without him, I know they've done that before.

that would suck so badly.  the one chance I have to get tickets and meet him and he doesn't even come.

From his facebook

that would suck so badly.  the one chance I have to get tickets and meet him and he doesn't even come.

wow. that would suck....

From his facebook

lol

From his facebook

that would suck so badly.  the one chance I have to get tickets and meet him and he doesn't even come.

lol

from marks tumblr, this could have something to do with GOTDF

I've asked about the new single twice but could you please just give us a hint as to when you guys are dropping the 2nd single?

mistranderson

official single: i have no idea.  we’re still working Up All Night.

I've asked about the new single twice but could you please just give us a hint as to when you guys are dropping the 2nd single?

mistranderson

I think they will drop a safety valve song before the tour starts. A non-single, more blink-ish type song to satisfy those that hated Up All Night.

mistranderson

Hopefully one of their throwback songs, I really wanna hear the song Mark was singing on in that video, that sounded like it could of been a throwback.

I think they will drop a safety valve song before the tour starts. A non-single, more blink-ish type song to satisfy those that hated Up All Night.

It just sucks to have to watch them in a half full arena, part of what made 2009 so special was that it was sold out with blink fans.

My show (Portland, OR) was pretty empty. But it was one of the shows that were added on to the tour last minute. I think part of it is when tour dates were first announced, with no Oregon date, a lot of people bought Seattle tickets instead. But still, Mark said it was the smallest show of the entire tour. The seats were pretty empty, and the pit wasn't too full either. Which, honestly, was sort of cool. But I can't help but think it won't help to convince them to keep coming back =/ I friggin' hate the music scene is this state.

I would KILL to be a part of the Portland music scene, I will trade you.

I'm seeing blink at Voodoo fest now, since none of the Civic shows will be coming near my college town.  Means there will be a lot of runoff from all the other shows, so it'll be hard to get in there, but I'm gonna make my way as close as I can.

Well, I guess it's not so much of a terrible music scene, as it is a really small one. Oregon is always one of the places you have to worry about your favorite bands skipping over on their tours. And it happens pretty frequently =/ I don't blame blink for this one though, this is Honda's fault. The Civic Tour randomly stopped coming through Oregon a year or two ago.

And also, I'm not really from Portland. I'm sure Portland has a much better music scene than Eugene (where I live, 2 hours south).

Yeah blink's merch is better than most tbf.

"Good girls like to sin" is abit cringe though. "Feelin' this?" was perfect.

I dunno, I didn't mind the script/font for the last album.  The whole lowercase/uppercase mix was pretty cool and original.  There's just something about this new merch that screams "the label threw this together" to me.  I know Blink chooses a lot, if not all of the merchandise designs, but to me it's all so uninspiring and unoriginal.  Just not stuff I feel like rocking. 

I dunno, I didn't mind the script/font for the last album.  The whole lowercase/uppercase mix was pretty cool and original.  There's just something about this new merch that screams "the label threw this together" to me.  I know Blink chooses a lot, if not all of the merchandise designs, but to me it's all so uninspiring and unoriginal.  Just not stuff I feel like rocking. 

lol wtf are you talking about.

lol wtf are you talking about.

Maybe I shouldn't say the label, I dunno.  The overall look of the merchandise and the lame script just seems like it was thrown together pretty quickly and it's uninspiring.