The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Just wanna say, that after hearing these four new songs, I'm no longer worried that the album will be a disappointment. Love everything I've heard.

This. And its crazy because Up All Night seems better now that I've heard the others. Blink is the fucking shit. They can do no wrong. Fanboy.

It does!! And I liked Up All Night from the start, but I was worried that the whole album was going to sound like it. Now that I know it won't, I can appreciate the song more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBznZpmtK4U

That's so crazy. I actually enjoy watching livevideos of them again. For the first time since '04. It all stands and falls with Toms shape. I want a live DVD of this tour so bad.

Agreed sober Tom = awesome Tom. I can watch these vids and not cringe this time and be in denial that it sounds terrible. Also he's not fucking around too much on his guitar and making sex noises during the best parts of the songs. Good shit I fell in love with them all over again.

I wonder why it was so hard to be sober in the first place.

Well he did say it was to kill the nerves? its possible. but maybe he seen himself at reading and realised it really doesnt help his performance.

Likely, but common sense tells you not to treat such problems by drinking, especially when people have paid money to see you perform.

Btw, it'd be strange if he hadn't watched himself perform live on Youtube before Reading.

I wonder why it was so hard to be sober in the first place.

Well he did say it was to kill the nerves? its possible. but maybe he seen himself at reading and realised it really doesnt help his performance.

Likely, but common sense tells you not to treat such problems by drinking, especially when people have paid money to see you perform.

Btw, it'd be strange if he hadn't watched himself perform live on Youtube before Reading.

Oh of course, I know so so so many musicians who take a drink or 2 before hitting stage. i do it. the thing is to not get shit faced like he did. But given he clearly has an addictive personality its a bad idea.

and Yeah i know. maybe it hit home that he's in the big leagues playing in from off 80,000 people and its just not good/professionnal enough.