The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Do you think the 4 new songs (UAP, AM, GOTDF & HAG) will be the four singles for Neighborhoods? Can't see them doing more than 4 (if even that many) but I wonder if any of these wont be a single and another song which we haven't heard may be

I think Ghost on the dancefloor will be the single that comes out with the album, and the main single of the album for that matter.

It'd def gonna be a single I think

This prob isn't worth its own topic but my housemate from uni is quite well off and has a maid, she has a new client...MARK HOPPUS.

She's working there currently, said his wife and son (Skye and Jack are there) guess they're setting up home while he finishes off US tour, I need to get his address somehow haha.

You think Blink will be considered "dad rock" now? Or will they just pander to the generation below us to stay relevant?

These are the questions I lay awake at night wondering.

Does it keep you ...

UP ALL NIGHT?!

All these queestions they keep me up allllll night.

:wink:

Is he maybe moving to the uk to have to pay less taxes? I don't say that as 'a lame act' of him cause it'd be understandable. I know that U2 has their business placed in the uk/netherlands, smth weird so that they almost don't have to pay any taxes.

I just don't understand why you would move to another country when you're already in your 30's and I guess most of his friends live in the place where he used to live.

everything I've seen about it, he seems stoked to live there.

His wife seems stoked to live there (see her twitter). As such, Mark is not going to be telling us how much it sucks to live in the UK.

Is he maybe moving to the uk to have to pay less taxes?

People tend to move out of the UK because of high tax rates.

Can't imagine Mark being too happy about living in the UK.

Why's that? everything I've seen about it, he seems stoked to live there. Know he likes the idea of being able to go see loads of football matches.

...and he wouldn't move to UK to dodge tax, we get taxed very heavily.

hahahaha he CHOSE to move to the UK.  no way he's bummed about it.  Living in the London metropolitan area is awesome, it's very diverse, and just a totally different world from the US even though both places speak the same "language".  A lot of people move to places like London in their 20's before they're settled down with family and such, but there's nothign too odd about what he's doing if his family is cool with it.  I think traveling too and from New York will be a bit more stressful than he thinks it will, just because frankly, it's not fun dealing with the jet lag you get from flying to/from the UK and the States.  It's a different kind of jet lag than flying say from california to new york.  if you've done these sorta flights before, you know how it feels hahaha.

Soo wasteful to live in London, but operate out of LA. Think of all the money and unnecessary flights he will take over the next year.

It's his life and his money, but it makes no practical sense. If tom moved to London we would all call him self-indulgent, not committed to blink, wasteful, etc. (especially Oliver).

Soo wasteful to live in London, but operate out of LA. Think of all the money and unnecessary flights he will take over the next year.

It's his life and his money, but it makes no practical sense. If tom moved to London we would all call him self-indulgent, not committed to blink, wasteful, etc. (especially Oliver).

As much as he fly's it probably costs next to nothing with all those frequent flyer miles he's racked up.

It's been done by plenty of celebs before, maybe he just fancies a chance of scenery.

London is rad.

I'm not denying that London is rad...Never been there, but i assume is awesome.

But southern california is awesome too, and he has a band, friends, and family there. You just gotta wonder if there is an ulterior motive here.

There might be, guess time will reveal all.

I seriously think his new found love of football (Chelsea is a London team) might be a small contributing factor as well, said he really would like to go to some games.

I can't work out why he's moved. England's fucking shite.

Can't stand people when they say shite like this, we are very lucky to live in a country like England....far too many people take it for granted and focus on the bad points of it.

i don't think he actually likes soccer. its all very tongue in cheek. just like his "love" for the NFL.

I think he does though, for his birthday he got a Chelsea shirt with 'Hoppus 44' on the back, tweeting about their latest transfer rumours/signings etc plus there were really random games that he would tweet about that he has clearly watched. Other stuff as well, i won't go into detail but you wouldn't know it unless you watched reguarly/enjoyed it.

I can't work out why he's moved. England's fucking shite.

Can't stand people when they say shite like this, we are very lucky to live in a country like England....far too many people take it for granted and focus on the bad points of it.

No of course I realise that, there's much much worse countries to live in. I jus don't get why Mark would come to England where he cold go anywhere in the world. Much better places he could move too.

Blinkumentary FaceBook

We were asked by the band to add a few new things to the end of the film from the recording and the current tour. Been In the process adding those parts for the past 2 weeks. Last minute rad changes, film life...

LOL these guys are something else, i call bullshit on Blink asking them to add more shit to it. At this rate it'll be out in 5 years.