The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Can someone explain how an album "leaks?"

It takes quite a few steps for a CD to end up on store shelves. A number of people can leak it, either for monetary gain or vanity. They're all characterized by the fact that they're subhuman rats.

Or they just put it on their computer and happen to have limewire or some other automatic sharing program.  That's how it used to happen anyways.

Well, yes it can happen like that, but it's not exactly. Leaks can happen for some different reasons and come in different ways. I don't know if this is still like was  few years ago, but I remember albums were leaking from people who worked on factories of CDs. But I think the main leak source is, mostly, press. There's a lot of stuff that leaks from promotional materials, both digital and hard copies. Right now, the biggest part of the promotional stuff is done using digital resources (downloading and streaming, it depends), and in some cases it's marked digitally (the famous watermark), also done on the physical promo releases (at last, they are digital too). But at the same time, there are tons of material which is promoted without protection, so, as long as you can receive a digital copy of an album, you can share it.

Of course, artist do leaks too.

Here's my video of Party Song, Pretty fucking awesome.

awesome, seeing how much fun they have figuring out how to play it  :-D

the actual highlight of that video is that travis knows how to play it. i bet he hasnt listened to any of blink for ages. yet when it comes to playing a random song it's just there. you couldnt even imagine travis making a mistake.. the guys a mystery

"Wishing Well

Another throwback of sorts, but this time more to their 'Enema Of The State' days. A really poppy guitar lick with a classic Blink "Da da da" chorus in the centre. Pop punk perfection."

Cannot wait for this.

God that sounds amazing, I can't wait either. By the way where is your sig from? I know its for the new American Pie Reunion Movie but is that like a group pic confirming the whole cast?

Everyone who gets all butthurt over album leaks and leaks of any sort need to quit crying.  Waiting for a CD to hit the store is as 20th century as it gets.  This is the digital age.  If you are against getting it for free, I can understand that.  But getting it early?  Who the fuck cares?  Why wait longer for no reason (again, excluding those are completely set against piracy altogether because I get that)? "Oh but the record company didn't WANT anyone to have it before that day!!!"  Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

Anyway, I will gladly wait for the leak, and I'm constantly on Usenet searching.  If I grab it before anyone here (doubtful unless I'm really lucky) you guys will be first to know.

Here's my video of Party Song, Pretty fucking awesome.

awesome, seeing how much fun they have figuring out how to play it  :-D

the actual highlight of that video is that travis knows how to play it. i bet he hasnt listened to any of blink for ages. yet when it comes to playing a random song it's just there. you couldnt even imagine travis making a mistake.. the guys a mystery

Yeah, he did the same thing with Happy Holidays the first time they played that song on this tour. I wonder if he just never forgets how to play any of his songs. Pretty impressive.

They played the party song tonight in its entirety! First people ever to hear it live! Fuck ya

fuck yessss! always one of my favs cant wait to see vids of it. I was hoping that by them starting to play more of their jokes songs and now older songs maybe they will play them more often, and they are. And hopefully for their next tour they incorporate some of these into the setlist to start off the tour plus other old songs.

Everyone who gets all butthurt over album leaks and leaks of any sort need to quit crying.  Waiting for a CD to hit the store is as 20th century as it gets.  This is the digital age.  If you are against getting it for free, I can understand that.  But getting it early?  Who the fuck cares?  Why wait longer for no reason (again, excluding those are completely set against piracy altogether because I get that)? "Oh but the record company didn't WANT anyone to have it before that day!!!"  Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

Anyway, I will gladly wait for the leak, and I'm constantly on Usenet searching.  If I grab it before anyone here (doubtful unless I'm really lucky) you guys will be first to know.

You, obviously, didn't understand anything I (and other people) said here. So who is sounding ridiculous? If you didn't understand the arguments exposed, GTFO.

If someone here wants to get the album early in case it leaks, then fine, I don't consider that a loss because all of us will pay for the album anyway.

But to hope for a leak is a different deal. Even if you hated blink you should never hope for a leak; that'd be equal to hoping that someone's house gets robbed. A fan hoping for the album to leak is even worse. Blink is entitled to every penny they can get for the work they've done and no one should have this album for free.