The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

natives, after midnight, MH 4.18.2011, kaleidoscope, and wishing well are the songs written after the postponement of the tour.

wow! these are like the best songs! well worth the postponement!

wishing well was written after the postponement?  hahhaa the main riff is that one acoustic riff that tom played over modcam forever ago that everyone always said they'd hope would end up as a blink song, which is by the way most excellent.

the fact that he wrote the riff before the postponement doesnt mean he wrote the song then. ;) the same with "up all night".

they can have ideas and riffs laying around for quite a while before they decide to pick up on them and write a song around them

i will say, just quickly browsing over it, it's a groovy little record.  Ghost on the dancefloor studio style is an absolutely excellent production.  wishing well is a great kickback to a riff we've all heard before.  i'm liking what we've got so far, but i have no clue how tom goes back to angels after this because as a whole this just totally trumps all three of those records, but hey whatever least we've got the music to listen to.

hearts all gone interlude is actually really cool.  sounds like movie soundtrack music which is really groovy.  It's almost as though tom finally achieved some of what he was trying to achieve in angels where he wanted instrumental sections to have a cinematic experience.

To me all the ava sounds that appear on this cd is everything that tom wanted to achieve with ava and couldn´t because he didn´t have mark and travis.