The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

thats awesome, I love Mumford and Sons, so to know they're big blink fans is very cool.  I would love to see some sort of song collaboration between the two bands, I bet they could pull it off, and if they did it would be freaking awesome.

i dont know man i think that blink should just be blink and mumford should just be mumford.

thats awesome, I love Mumford and Sons, so to know they're big blink fans is very cool.  I would love to see some sort of song collaboration between the two bands, I bet they could pull it off, and if they did it would be freaking awesome.

also maybe you dont understand the humour but their obviously taking the piss

Mumford has been on Hoppus on Music, I doubt they'd make fun of blink. Not to mention they know the album title and Ghost on the Dance Floor. Hard to believe they'd know specific song names if they wanted to mock them.

Mumford has been on Hoppus on Music, I doubt they'd make fun of blink. Not to mention they know the album title and Ghost on the Dance Floor. Hard to believe they'd know specific song names if they wanted to mock them.

Yeah they were too overly familiar with blink to be joking.  Plus they were on Hoppus on Music and seemed way more excited to be on that show than this interview.  Plus why would they focus like 2 minutes to talk about another band for the sake of a joke, doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

i dont know man i think that blink should just be blink and mumford should just be mumford.

Meh, its not like All Of This was a bad song by any means, and it very much was a Cure meets blink type of song, even if it was only Robert Smith.  Collaborations work all the time, I see no reason why blink wouldn't be able to pull off a collaboration again.

So for anyone who thinks AVA is breaking up after this - lets do a comparison on how Tom promoted blink and how hes promoting and marketing AVA. Well, I guess we can just look at the presales to figure out where Toms priorities are

So for anyone who thinks AVA is breaking up after this - lets do a comparison on how Tom promoted blink and how hes promoting and marketing AVA. Well, I guess we can just look at the presales to figure out where Toms priorities are

There is no evidence that Tom is going to break AVA up.  Its just something that we as bigger blink fans than AVA fans would all like to happen, but sadly wont because Tom sees something in the band that most blink fans just don't see (myself included).  I really wouldn't have a problem with him doing a band on the side, if it was just consistently good like Box Car Racer, and not such a hit or miss band that more often than not misses than it does hits, especially as of lately.  Ah well, can't stop Tom from doing what he wants, at least blink doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Yeah I figured thats what you meant.  I was just putting out the thought process I think most of us realize.  Yes its going to stick around for a while, but we all just want it to go away, it would make so much sense for it to.  But it doesn't matter how badly the band fails, Tom truly enjoys it, and as long as he does, he's gonna keep making music with it.  Sad but true.

Not sure if it's been discussed before, so I'll just post it here:

Does anyone else get the impression that Kaleidoscope was another song that only Mark worked on?  I mean aside from Tom's vocals, it sounds like Mark and Travis did the rest.  The guitar seems far too basic to be Tom's work.  So pretty much, songs that Tom didn't put much work into: MH, Fighting the Gravity, Hearts All Gone, and Kaleidoscope.  That's pretty crazy.