The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Tom interview mostly about AVA but there's some Blink and BCR talk as well.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/angels__airwaves_itunes_allowed_us_to_create_graphic_novels.html

I always tell people Angels & Airwaves is Boxcar Racer. Boxcar Racer started with me and David Kennedy at the time and he’s in Angels & Airwaves as well. We don’t have Travis and Travis is obviously one of the best drummers on the planet but Angels & Airwaves is Boxcar Racer really for a lack of a better description.

ahahaha. definitely, Tom

I understand bands evolving but for AVA to be considered Box Car Racer....I dunno. Blink fanboy in me got kinda annoyed when he said that the band doesn't much so he has more time for Angels. Ah what the fuck ever.

Honestly Tom's always been my least favorite Blink member and the shit he says in interviews pretty much proves to me he's a fucking douche bag.

That interview pisses me off so much.

Millions of people would KILL to be able to be part of something like Blink 182, and he literally just throws it away. THe talent that those three guys could have in making music together is just wasted. The album was good but it had the potential to be amazing.

Its sad really.

But karma is a bitch and it may take 10 years, but I do think Tom will eventually look back when his money runs out and he is a nobody, and sees what a mistake he made.

BTW, BCR and AVA are not the same thing at all. Why doesnt he play a BCR set during AVA shows? What a dumbass.

Millions of people would KILL to be able to be part of something like Blink 182, and he literally just throws it away. THe talent that those three guys could have in making music together is just wasted. The album was good but it had the potential to be amazing.

Its sad really.

But karma is a bitch and it may take 10 years, but I do think Tom will eventually look back when his money runs out and he is a nobody, and sees what a mistake he made.

BTW, BCR and AVA are not the same thing at all. Why doesnt he play a BCR set during AVA shows? What a dumbass.

He never will. He literally only looks at Blink as his "immature side" and his past.

I've said this before, but it still stands. Tom is not my hero like he used to be. He still makes awesome music though, and that's all that really matters to me

I liked that interview. What is blink supposed to do anyway if Mark lives in London and Travis can't fly? Do another US/Canada tour? After they just did one? Honestly, if you could use your imagination, what should blink be doing right now? The only thing I can think of is put together another music video/single..? Maybe do more press..? It's really not that big of a deal. Touring is the main thing, and again, Travis can't fly and they just DID Canada and US.

And I think Tom meant that angels and airwaves is boxcar because it's exactly the same people. He's talking about the members. As in, if you said to Tom "bring back boxcar racer", he'd say "we already are back, bringing boxcar racer together is essentially bringing Tom and David back together.." but without Travis. Which is why he even mentions Travis in that question. By the way he answers it, he's saying Boxcar, as people, are Him and David who started it, and Travis who drummed on it. Isn't this obvious? (if you're not too busy being "prepared" to be pissed off at a Tom interview)

Its sad really.

If he cared as much about Blink as he does AVA they'd actually look like a real band but sadly Blink is just a side project to all of them now.

Its sad really.

If he cared as much about Blink as he does AVA they'd actually look like a real band but sadly Blink is just a side project to all of them now.

You should just be happy you have any Blink at all. Tom has a strong passion for both bands. He splits his time equally with them, what is wrong with that? I think things would be worse off if Tom disbanded AVA.

Its sad really.

You should just be happy you have any Blink at all. Tom has a strong passion for both bands. He splits his time equally with them, what is wrong with that? I think things would be worse off if Tom disbanded AVA.

You really are a Tombot aren't you?

If Tom really has a passion for both bands, it's really lopsided towards AVA. In the time it took to record a single blink album, Tom had AVA release the first LOVE album, then LOVE pt.2 and the film. And when you take into account that AVA are already working on another album/film and there's not a single mention of a follow up to Neighborhoods. It's hard to say he has any passion for blink at all.

^thats because you're a fucking moron with terrible taste in music.

um ok?

Lol my bad, was directed towards mark blowhard.

Harvey I will try and be cool and fit in just for you. My new favorite bands are The Beetles, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, The Cure, Rolling Stones, Weezer, Green Day, System Of a Down, Boston...... Is my music taste up to par for you now?