The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Oliver, you need to add the date of Mark's quote to your sig. I'm sure you said stuff 4/5 years ago that you don't agree with now.

You guys will come up with just about any excuse in the book to justify Blink's actions.

I'm not justifying their actions anymore but is it really worth it to be so but hurt over a statement made 6 years ago dude? I mean honestly move on. It's sad that this "band" is nothing more then a side project. It's really not worth getting so worked up over anymore. I still love Blink but at the same time i know they'll be nothing more then a side-project anymore.

Oliver, you need to add the date of Mark's quote to your sig. I'm sure you said stuff 4/5 years ago that you don't agree with now.

You guys will come up with just about any excuse in the book to justify Blink's actions.

not at all, I agree with you on most things e.g. stale set list, half assed album promotion.

But to hold something against mark which he said years ago is unfair.

Since that quote he has produced for countless band and has probably become much more comfortable with technology in the process. Not to mention that technology has advanced a lot since then.

And maybe he did just change his mind, so what? I hated olives a couple of years ago, now I can't get enough of them.

not at all, I agree with you on most things e.g. stale set list, half assed album promotion.

But to hold something against mark which he said years ago is unfair.

Since that quote he has produced for countless band and has probably become much more comfortable with technology in the process. Not to mention that technology has advanced a lot since then.

And maybe he did just change his mind, so what? I hated olives a couple of years ago, now I can't get enough of them.

Very good point, it's amazing to see how much shit has changed over the last 6 years, i don't think you can get a cell phone OR computer without a camera attached to it now days.

I'm not justifying their actions anymore but is it really worth it to be so but hurt over a statement made 6 years ago dude? I mean honestly move on. It's sad that this "band" is nothing more then a side project. It's really not worth getting so worked up over anymore. I still love Blink but at the same time i know they'll be nothing more then a side-project anymore.

Yeah, I know what you are saying. I am not really "worked up". I just think that quote is really funny since that is exactly what they ended up doing. Basically the entire band taking a break for 6 years came down to that, and they ended up doing it anyway.

But I am happy to hear that they are doing Blink stuff now (shooting video, conan?, new material) Thats a good sign.

It would seem that the second single, After Midnight, is kicking the band back up into full gear, which is certainly a great sign.  With all the time of between the tours, its good to see the band still so active.

Is Wishing Well not the second single?

No, it has a tour video, but its not a single, just like Heart's All Gone, Anthem pt 2, and 155.

Yeah, I know what you are saying. I am not really "worked up". I just think that quote is really funny since that is exactly what they ended up doing. Basically the entire band taking a break for 6 years came down to that, and they ended up doing it anyway.

But I am happy to hear that they are doing Blink stuff now (shooting video, conan?, new material) Thats a good sign.

Honestly Oliver, they'd be bigger assholes if they DIDN'T go back on that quote. Because it was petty. 6 years went by. Travis, their bandmate for decades, almost DIED.. their producer of most of their career died.. Lil Chris died.. if that doesn't make you re-evaluate your life, and learn to COMPROMISE, then they'd be fucked in the head. You've got to learn to let go of these little grudges in life man.. some things are way bigger than that obviously.