The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Guys this has nothing to do with blink. Send each other PM's or something...come on.

I tried to change the subject.

mark is already working on songs for the follow-up to neighborhoods

http://www.nme.com/news/blink-182/61641

Too bad mark is very inefficient. He comes up with ideas all the time that never see the light of day.

This just amounts to him being bored in London plucking on a guitar, not writing blink songs.

Well I'm always mad about Niku abusing his admin powers. But I really don't like when he does it at my expense with a personal attack.

Would you like it if i constantly called you a Guido on here without any basis other than geography?

It might get annoying after awhile.

I know some people use to harp on the fact that I was in my 20's and living with my parents which did get a bit annoying.

It's ok as long as you get laid and aren't making a blink documentary!

The timing of the blink album followed so closely by the angels album has kinda fucked everything up for a follow up.  Right now Tom is going on the AVA tour, followed by the blink european tour, prolly followed by a north american AVA tour.  That'll take up at least the rest of 2012 and who knows if they'd even start the next record then.  They would prolly say they are but work about as hard on it as they did on Neighborhoods for a while until it became crunch time, they might even decide another tour is a good idea  :-o.  As excited as I am for another blink album it honestly isn't realistic to expect them to start that for another 2 years :(.

be optimistic. mark has started writing new songs. tom can write catchy melodies in minutes. if they want to record a new album, they can go to the studio after the european tour, they can bring mark's ideas, and they can release an album in the second half of 2012... i doubt it'll happen, but today there's no reason to be pessimistic and say late 2013.

we know neighborhood was a difficult birth, but at least in the last months of the process, they found again the way how to write and record songs... so from that state the future seems easier.

Neighbourhoods was finished relatively quick considering what they had to work with - LOVE movie and Love 2 being made, reconnecting as a band, a reunion tour, Travis's solo stuff, other tours. If they wanted to make another blink album it could get done pretty fast now that they've had 1 go at it in these conditions. I don't expect them to, but it could easily be done for early/mid next year.

be optimistic. mark has started writing new songs. tom can write catchy melodies in minutes. if they want to record a new album, they can go to the studio after the european tour, they can bring mark's ideas, and they can release an album in the second half of 2012... i doubt it'll happen, but today there's no reason to be pessimistic and say late 2013.

we know neighborhood was a difficult birth, but at least in the last months of the process, they found again the way how to write and record songs... so from that state the future seems easier.

it's not being pessimistic.

DR: June 97

EotS: June 99

TOYPAJ: June 01

Untitled: Nov 03

Spaces of 2 years - 2.5 years

Neighborhoods: Sept 2011

blink-182 "7": Late 2013

working on stats not being pessimistic

yarr tis true.

Dumpweed has been his best song on vocals since they got back together, not quite sure why he sings that one well. Carousel is usually pretty solid as well.

He does the new ones pretty well too, Wishing Well especially, although who knows how long that will last.  He's also pretty decent at feeling this although that one's hard to fuck up.

well yes, but what if neighborhoods was planned for a 2010 summer/fall release in the first place..? in 2009 and 2010 they always said it'll be out in 2010, before the european tour...

Neighborhoods: should have released in august 2010

the next album: can be late 2012 (early 2013)

well yes, but what if neighborhoods was planned for a 2010 summer/fall release in the first place..? in 2009 and 2010 they always said it'll be out in 2010, before the european tour...

Neighborhoods: should have released in august 2010

the next album: can be late 2012 (early 2013)

There is NO WAY.

Tom is on Tour with AVA until mid april.

- Blink starts touring in early june. Assuming they rehearse for two weeks they have about 4 weeks to work on the album - given tom doesnt take a break in between the tours (doubtful).

- Blink is touring until mid july.

I think it's safe to say that they won't start recording right after that.

Maybe they start working in August (pretty optimistic).

As we all know they have to turn in the album weeks before they release.

So they have to finish the record within 3 months for a 2012 release.

But even if they take like no breaks the album wont come out until mid 2013 cause they need at least 6-9 months to record it.

But as we all know they are taking a lot of breaks. Aaaand, dont forget that AVA might tour the US in late 2012.

It's just unrealistic.

I bet the album wont come out until 2014. And I really don't think i am a pessimist here.

then my new guess is late 2018...

have you guys realized where this board has gone? it used to be a good place, it was neither an ass-licker community nor this negative shit. fan communities get news about their favorite band's plan on a new album, so the fans say "yeah, it's good". in here everyone overreacts these things in the worst way. we get the news, and everyone's like "it won't be out in the next 10 years, tom doesn't care about it, mark can't write good songs, their last album was a failure", etc... i'm not saying these statements are not true, but repeating them constantly is just wrong.

the killjoy comments won't make anything better. for example, neighborhoods is a much better album for those who know nothing about the negative opinions of the recording process... why can't we reduce the negativity? if you say you won't be excited in the next couple of years, because you know there will be nothing to be excited for, then stop fucking the other members' hopes. there's nothing wrong about waiting for something without analyzing the worst case scenarios or every tiny detail.

the album will be out when it will be out. expecting the worst won't change a thing about it, but your attitude to the finished product won't be a joyful relationship. why do you want this for yourself and for the others? as long as just a few members did this, it wasn't a problem, but nowadays it seems like the majority of the commenters can only write about how hopeless and meaningless to be at least a bit positive about some rousing words from the band. because mark's words are nothing more than this. he don't want you to shit rainbows on the sky because he's writing 4 chords, it's just a message for the fans that they can calmly wait for an album somewhere in the future. ("Y U NO SAY IT WON'T BE RELEASED UNTIL 2014?" isn't the normal/expected reaction.)

*stopped trying to change your realism (a.k.a. compulsive negativity)*