The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Ugh I just wanna kick who ever is in charge now of releasing the so called "blinkumentary" in the nuts!

From a marketing point of view there's absolutely no sense to release it now.

I wouldn't think it'd be THAT hard to point a finger and pick a date and get the DVDs ready to go.....I mean it was like 3 months ago when they showed the final cut to the label.....

Then again the way the label operates is kind of a joke so i'm not surprised its taking longer.

I  feel like they (haven and matt) made the blinkumentary just so they can beat off to it for them selfs.

seriously?

i disagree with this so much i don't really even feel like forming a decent argument against it. this documentary is completely unknown to anyone other than blink fans. the only place it has been whored is on their personal twitter accounts. the band has hardly ever mentioned it. it was an indie project that took forever because it was two dudes doing it on the side. this is the opposite of a self serving project.

the documentary has been submitted to the higher ups. it took two years or so to complete. it's not that big of a deal.

I  feel like they (haven and matt) made the blinkumentary just so they can beat off to it for them selfs.

seriously?

i disagree with this so much i don't really even feel like forming a decent argument against it. this documentary is completely unknown to anyone other than blink fans. the only place it has been whored is on their personal twitter accounts. the band has hardly ever mentioned it. it was an indie project that took forever because it was two dudes doing it on the side. this is the opposite of a self serving project.

the documentary has been submitted to the higher ups. it took two years or so to complete. it's not that big of a deal.

I dunno WHY your still defending this, they submitted this thing 3 months ago and we STILL don't have a fucking date yet...

I am betting that it is a piece of shit. Because they constantly had to "add more footage". Which basically means the label  or the band rejected it a number of times.

So I imagine the label doesn't want to spend money marketing it and mass producing it when they know it may not sell well.

It was a big thing in 2010. I think the band and the label lost interest. They should have cut these guys loose a long time ago and hired professionals.

I am betting that it is a piece of shit. Because they constantly had to "add more footage". Which basically means the label  or the band rejected it a number of times.

So I imagine the label doesn't want to spend money marketing it and mass producing it when they know it may not sell well.

It was a big thing in 2010. I think the band and the label lost interest. They should have cut these guys loose a long time ago and hired professionals.

I agree about the label rejecting it, but I don't think the reason is that it is a piece of shit. Think it's probably a pretty well made documentary, it just the management that's refusing it to release it. If they were allowed to, those guys would have relaesed a year ago or so.

Personally, I'm looking forward seeing this because I'd like to see the relationship during tours between Tom and Mark when they are not on stage. Should be interesting.

I think something like what happened to the documentary "1994" will happen: it won't get released via a label (the momentum is over, it's been over ever since 2010), but it'll probably get leaked.

the blinkumentary could be the best thing ever, it won't be a successful release financially. i don't think they will release it as a mass produced dvd/bluray. i'm expecting it as a free download or something like this. and maybe a few physical copies for the collectors, old-time fans. the distribution costs more than what they could get from the sales.

seriously?

I dunno WHY your still defending this, they submitted this thing 3 months ago and we STILL don't have a fucking date yet...

And this is their fault how?

It sucks that it has taken so long but it's not the end of the world.

seriously?

And this is their fault how?

It sucks that it has taken so long but it's not the end of the world.

You can't be serious? It took UC 1 9 months to be released, it took UC 2 like 4 months.

The 3 year delay with this was a complete joke and it was 100% Blinkumenteries fault. ANYONE could have had this thing out sooner. I could have taken a video camera to California and done an unauthorized Blink doc, put it on createspace and it would have been done 2 years ago. Now there is no interest in it.

Both of the Urethra Chronicles were obviously thrown together just to capitalize on Blink's sudden explosion at the time.

The Blinkumentary was supposed to be(sorta) a real documentary, right?  Can't really compare the production of the first two to this one.

I still am pissed at how long it is taking to get this out, but like it's been said, at this point its the label's decision.

lol, so when the band told them the documentary wasn't done yet, that they wanted more material which wasn't even available at that point yet, it was the documentarians' fault?

They should have made it satisfactory the first time.

Both of the Urethra Chronicles were obviously thrown together just to capitalize on Blink's sudden explosion at the time.

The Blinkumentary was supposed to be(sorta) a real documentary, right?  Can't really compare the production of the first two to this one.

I still am pissed at how long it is taking to get this out, but like it's been said, at this point its the label's decision.

Both UC 1 and UC 2 were amazing and hardly "thrown together". I don't see how this would take longer.

Well actually I do. I watched these morons film at a show in 2009 and they didn't know what the fuck they were doing. The shots they were getting were horrible. They filmed the entire show. No wonder they got hours and hours of pointless footage.

lol, so when the band told them the documentary wasn't done yet, that they wanted more material which wasn't even available at that point yet, it was the documentarians' fault?

They should have made it satisfactory the first time.

By travelling to the future to get the material the band requested but didn't exist at that point yet?