Aria

The blink 182 general discussion topic

Just now, Bucko said:

Not bad but not great.

Pretty much, not particuarly offensive but if this is the song they are leading with then I don't have much faith in the rest blowing me away to be honest. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Yeah, it's far from the worst, but if I never hear it again, I won't be sad.

Exactly my thought. I didnt even listen again. Which is rare concerning its a blink member. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fran.182 said:

Ugh, it sucks. How can someone go from +44 to this?

lack of drugs and meat

Mark needs to be a bit angry again with an axe to grind with something.

He's shite at writing music these days when he's a happy fucking cheeseball telling Dad jokes on Twitter.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Starts with NANANANA lol. It's alright I guess, EP in March apparently:

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/mark-hoppus-and-alex-gaskarth-announce-new-band-simple-creatures/

Usually labels don't want competing "side projects" being released around new albums so I wonder what that means for the next Blink album...

Don't worry a single release will conveniently coincide with that festival Feldy has put together. 

40 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Mark needs to be a bit angry again with an axe to grind with something.

He's shite at writing music these days when he's a happy fucking cheeseball telling Dad jokes on Twitter.

He's too content and jaded.  California having commercial success ruined him permanently.

I'd say that the stagnation was even felt on Neighborhoods, but maybe I'm feeding into my "fan fiction" that Tom himself has stated to be true.

2 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

I'd say that the stagnation was even felt on Neighborhoods, but maybe I'm feeding into my "fan fiction" that Tom himself has stated to be true.

I think that was a mixture of how long the wait was and how much Tom didn't want to be there. But you definitely felt that compared to +44.  I wonder if being a Dad for a while affected that too. Almost like +44 was his swan song to music now he's just a robot

• Like 2