Jump to content
 
Aria

The blink 182 general discussion topic

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, NJansaid said:

It's not though. Because the whole purpose of the auto correct joke was to point out how uncomfortable or dehumanizing the term was.  Oliver was being stubborn about it after using it in his dating thread and then it was used as a word filter to prove a point.

All the females on this board are in on it and probably get the biggest laugh of anyone when it comes up..

Eh. No.

It's mostly annoying.

I dislike the 'Ethan' one too. 

@Ghent he's made a lot of strange comments to do with blinks kids and not caring about age of consent whilst never actually refuting any of the pedo comments themselves. He makes clearly quite a few members uncomfortable. @Patient #48273 is the best at organising post evidence so if she can display that to you in like your mod section or whatever y'all could probably work out what you wanna do.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This weirdo has been here for years throwin his ped shit without care about it. Now, which he's being clearl pointed out, he's still insisting on that and not taking back anything, but changing subject and turning it all into an insulting parade. Moreover, just said a 17 YO female can be hot. I mean, come on. This creep has a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cheerios4u98 said:

anyway, I thought this was funny:

 

If he starts to make fun of himself, well... that's a good sign!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, daveyjones said:

is there a reason people seem to be calling females "females" against their will? is this an admin auto-correct thing? if so it's insulting and should be fixed imo. it's 2019 FCS.

Sigh. You've gotta be kidding me.

Ok dad, all word filters have been removed.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Davey proving once again that 2019 is the year of no fun/jokes and everyone being offended by everything, cheers Dad. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kay said:

Eh. No.

It's mostly annoying.

I dislike the 'Ethan' one too. 

@Ghent he's made a lot of strange comments to do with blinks kids and not caring about age of consent whilst never actually refuting any of the pedo comments themselves. He makes clearly quite a few members uncomfortable. @Patient #48273 is the best at organising post evidence so if she can display that to you in like your mod section or whatever y'all could probably work out what you wanna do.

In a shocking turn of events, I actually agree with @NJansaid. The purpose of the "female" filter was to make fun of people who use that term to refer to women. That's not going to be clear to people who don't post that much or don't spend any time outside the blink section, so it's a bit of an issue in that regard, but it's pretty easy to explain.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's annoying, but I just have to put a period somewhere in wome.n and I'm all set!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

In a shocking turn of events, I actually agree with @NJansaid. The purpose of the "female" filter was to make fun of people who use that term to refer to women. That's not going to be clear to people who don't post that much or don't spend any time outside the blink section, so it's a bit of an issue in that regard, but it's pretty easy to explain.

I get the joke, take no issue with the joke, I aint offended, but it makes generally posting annoying because it's a common enough set of words (girl, women, ladies, whatever) to cause problems in the flow of a post. "Me and my female friend watched Wonder Female what a bad film" if you add that with the anything homo = "Ethan" thing you just get a lot of confusing posts. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kay said:

I get the joke, take no issue with the joke, I aint offended, but it makes generally posting annoying because it's a common enough set of words (girl, women, ladies, whatever) to cause problems in the flow of a post. "Me and my female friend watched Wonder Female what a bad film" if you add that with the anything homo = "Ethan" thing you just get a lot of confusing posts.

That's when it's funniest imo. Like when thongrider made his list of top pop punk albums and one of them was "The ethans-Love Songs for the remarded."

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll give them a break for awhile for the complainers, but filters will return! Blink online staple.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

In a shocking turn of events, I actually agree with @NJansaid. The purpose of the "female" filter was to make fun of people who use that term to refer to women. That's not going to be clear to people who don't post that much or don't spend any time outside the blink section, so it's a bit of an issue in that regard, but it's pretty easy to explain.

@Ghent do you see what word filters do?! They bring people together! 

The inconvenience is what makes it so funny.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny to the like 10 people in on the joke, to those who don't post everywhere / every week it's just a bit odd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

@Ghent do you see what word filters do?! They bring people together! 

The inconvenience is what makes it so funny.

My mind is still blown that like a 50 year old man was truly and deeply offended that the words girl and woman were being filtered to FEMALE....(gasp!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

That's when it's funniest imo. Like when thongrider made his list of top pop punk albums and one of them was "The ethans-Love Songs for the remarded."

It took me the longest time to understand what certain posts were even talking about, but once I did it was hilarious and totally worth the confusion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kay said:

It's funny to the like 10 people in on the joke, to those who don't post everywhere / every week it's just a bit odd. 

Disagree. I didn't know why I was reading meat for the longest time and then found it hilarious once I found out.  It probably just feels like b182online to everyone else.."oh this place is insane...I love it, and am going to keep coming back"

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

My mind is still blown that like a 50 year old man was truly and deeply offended that the words girl and woman were being filtered to FEMALE....(gasp!)

Against their will!  The best part is it was actually used to teach a lesson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

Disagree. I didn't know why I was reading meat for the longest time and then found it hilarious once I found out.  It probably just feels like b182online to everyone else.."oh this place is insane...I love it, and am going to keep coming back"

Against their will!  The best part is it was actually used to teach a lesson.

Meat was short for Meathead 'cause I'm a huge All In The Family fan and Clarke reminded me of Meathead. He should have gotten the business end of Archie's boot (wink, @thongrider) but never did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't check the boards enough to catch onto any inside jokes here, then I don't feel like you're worthy to being catered to. If you don't get it, you should be able to move on pretty quickly.

But since Mom and Dad (kay and davey) are upset, they will go away for a bit. Always good to give things a break

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

Meat was short for Meathead 'cause I'm a huge All In The Family fan and Clarke reminded me of Meathead. He should have gotten the business end of Archie's boot (wink, @thongrider) but never did.

Oh, darn. It just got less funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×