Jump to content
 
Aria

The blink 182 general discussion topic

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Regi. said:
 
Omggggzzz tom reunion!!1!

 

When Tom posts blink 182, he's trying to sell something next post.

When Mark posts this, that's interesting. Unless he's taking a page out of Tom's book.

Sun Valley confirmed though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It means nothing other than Mark was going through old photos and is now probably over the Tom crap, mostly because he proved he doesn’t need him IMO and it’s time to move on. 

Indeed a big step for Mark from a grudge standpoint, but he’s older this go around and time heals all wounds. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got me thinking when they will reunite eventually. If not this year maybe in the next 5 years. But i wonder if they will ever get together and make that magic again.

 

They've been saying that the upcoming album is gonna be more like the untitled album, i also wonder if that is true or if its a marketing move. Considering California was all very....easy, chord/rythem wise.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all of these music biopics, I wonder if blink could ever get one in like fifteen years. They’ve got such an interesting story that run its course over twenty years. Maybe the music isn’t iconic enough, but I think it could work well as an indie film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Two friends unite in the suburbs to make punk rock music like their idols.  One got too into painkillers following his back surgery and tore the band apart. They were funny as fuck though. The End."

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

"Two friends unite in the suburbs to make punk rock music like their idols.  One got too into painkillers following his back surgery and tore the band apart. They were funny as fuck though. The End."

Every story is like that before it gets Hollywoodized. You’re trying to tell me the foundational story beats aren’t there for a great drama? You guys are crazy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Every story is like that before it gets Hollywoodized. You’re trying to tell me the foundational story beats aren’t there for a great drama? You guys are crazy.

The only way I see it working is if they have an indie type version film of the three of them fucking around and getting famous like they did.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NJansaid said:

The only way I see it working is if they have an indie type version film of the three of them fucking around and getting famous like they did.  

Like Lords of Dogtown.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NotNow said:

Every story is like that before it gets Hollywoodized. You’re trying to tell me the foundational story beats aren’t there for a great drama? You guys are crazy.

Totally agree with you, although a big documentary would make more sense to me than getting the Hollywood treatment. But yeah, the story beats are absolutely there, especially if it focused on Tom and Mark and their crazy relationship that has always been the heart of Blink. The ups and downs are fascinating and probably even weirder than a lot of your usual true-story movies about musicians:

  • Skate punk fuckups find each other and musically/platonically fall in love
  • Work hard as hell on their music and dominate their local scene with amazing songs and insane humor
  • Get signed to a major label and blow up, Scott/Travis switchup, crossing over into the crazy MTV superstar world
  • End up disillusioned and try to reinvent themselves
  • Tom loses his god damn mind/dramatic hateful breakup/AVA/+44
  • Travis's plane crash
  • Reunite as friends and then decide to get the band back together for a glorious reunion tour
  • Old problems flare back up leading to frustrations and an album they're not very proud of
  • Everything falls apart, second breakup, Tom thinks he's doing historic world-changing work about UFOs
  • Epilogue - Skiba joins the band, California is a success, Tom is convinced time travel is a thing

THE END

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is that the ending is missing. Tom would need to come back and blink would need to write a song that gets widely popular for it to be a fulfilling story.

And if that happened you would all cry that they are selling out or something because they wrote a popular song ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the would require Mark and Travis to admit that they are not perfect and have made mistakes too and I can't see them doing that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought that a documentary as "Some Kind Of Monster" would be great to see in blink's camp. I suspect that the blinkumentary was kinda like that...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ghent said:

The problem is that the ending is missing. Tom would need to come back and blink would need to write a song that gets widely popular for it to be a fulfilling story.

And if that happened you would all cry that they are selling out or something because they wrote a popular song ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fan Future Fiction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Queen got a movie 'cause Freddie Mercury was a fucking genius and the band rode his coattails. Blink wrote some pop punk songs and made dick jokes ... UC 1&2 pretty much has it covered, for everything else there's YouTube ... and Mastercard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Totally agree with you, although a big documentary would make more sense to me than getting the Hollywood treatment. But yeah, the story beats are absolutely there, especially if it focused on Tom and Mark and their crazy relationship that has always been the heart of Blink. The ups and downs are fascinating and probably even weirder than a lot of your usual true-story movies about musicians:

  • Skate punk fuckups find each other and musically/platonically fall in love
  • Work hard as hell on their music and dominate their local scene with amazing songs and insane humor
  • Get signed to a major label and blow up, Scott/Travis switchup, crossing over into the crazy MTV superstar world
  • End up disillusioned and try to reinvent themselves
  • Tom loses his god damn mind/dramatic hateful breakup/AVA/+44
  • Travis's plane crash
  • Reunite as friends and then decide to get the band back together for a glorious reunion tour
  • Old problems flare back up leading to frustrations and an album they're not very proud of
  • Everything falls apart, second breakup, Tom thinks he's doing historic world-changing work about UFOs
  • Epilogue - Skiba joins the band, California is a success, Tom is convinced time travel is a thing

THE END

This really isn't that interesting and I love blink as much as the next guy, they really didn't have much adversity outside of Travis's plane crash and their magic genius producer dying.  The rest was just then being stubborn fuck ups, which is part why we love them.

 

It really would only work if they took that Lords of Dogtown approach like someone said, and had their own drama stories branch off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Elisa said:

the would require Mark and Travis to admit that they are not perfect and have made mistakes too and I can't see them doing that

They really don't deserve any of the blame. Was 99% Tom who fucked everything up.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×