The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Objectively speaking, BCR got MUCH better reviews than WYHSB and WDNTW.

Both albums received mixed-to-positive ratings, and WDNTW fared worse than WYHSB. You're probably ejaculating over some fan reviews that are insignificant as far as this discussion is concerned.

And why did the "Blink residual effect" not help out +44?

Worse first single, little hype (compared to Tom's massive hype campaign that eventually backfired).

Oh God..... No!..... Uh oh.... here comes a rant! I couldn't resist!!! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

Some of you people are so delusional. You're mad at Tom for trying to get people to like his music. He's using the Blink page to tell people about AVA's new single? Who fucking cares??? Tom Delonge is a human, and a regular dude, believe it or not. He's the same guy we've always PRETENDED that we've known. He happens to be in two different bands that he really loves. Why does it chap your ass so much that he wants both of them to be successful? It just seems soo juvenile and selfish. The man obviously cares about the music he makes in both bands. Yeah, he's in two bands. I don't even enjoy AVA's music but why make such a big fuss over a guy trying to spread music he created to everyone?

It's not a matter of AVA vs. blink 182. Tom obviously has the capacity to do both. Why does it frustrate YOU so much? Just enjoy whatever hits your ears the right way. Tom Delonge, AKA "Angels and Airwaves Guy" is a part of Blink 182, whether you like it or not. He will not change who he is to meet the demands of (quick interruption, I, once again, DO NOT like Angels and Airwaves music) people who want him to forget the influences that led him to where he is. If AVA never existed, people would have no complaints about blink's new influences. It's just this (well deserved, I admit) blame that people put on Tom for breaking up the band that people won't give up.

Mark and Travis are the guys who should have been the LAST people to forgive Tom and like him again. But he showed them that forgiveness was worthy. Why can't lowly fans of the band find that same sentiment?

Everyone knows that Blink lives and dies with Tom. You put Tom+Travis you got a masterpiece AKA Box Car you put Mark+Travis you have a decent group AKA +44. Being real right now, you could have Travis and Tom today , call the band Blink 182 and still sell millions of albums. Tom is the face of Blink whether people like it or not. Mark has Whats My Age Again , Adams Song, Damnit and Rock Show. Beyond that all you really remember is Tom. Ya Mark is the medium in the group but as we have seen in the past, Tom+Travis=masterpiece.

go fuck yourself shawna

Oh God..... No!..... Uh oh.... here comes a rant! I couldn't resist!!! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

Some of you people are so delusional. You're mad at Tom for trying to get people to like his music. He's using the Blink page to tell people about AVA's new single? Who fucking cares??? Tom Delonge is a human, and a regular dude, believe it or not. He's the same guy we've always PRETENDED that we've known. He happens to be in two different bands that he really loves. Why does it chap your ass so much that he wants both of them to be successful? It just seems soo juvenile and selfish. The man obviously cares about the music he makes in both bands. Yeah, he's in two bands. I don't even enjoy AVA's music but why make such a big fuss over a guy trying to spread music he created to everyone?

It's not a matter of AVA vs. blink 182. Tom obviously has the capacity to do both. Why does it frustrate YOU so much? Just enjoy whatever hits your ears the right way. Tom Delonge, AKA "Angels and Airwaves Guy" is a part of Blink 182, whether you like it or not. He will not change who he is to meet the demands of (quick interruption, I, once again, DO NOT like Angels and Airwaves music) people who want him to forget the influences that led him to where he is. If AVA never existed, people would have no complaints about blink's new influences. It's just this (well deserved, I admit) blame that people put on Tom for breaking up the band that people won't give up.

Mark and Travis are the guys who should have been the LAST people to forgive Tom and like him again. But he showed them that forgiveness was worthy. Why can't lowly fans of the band find that same sentiment?

Everyone knows that Blink lives and dies with Tom. You put Tom+Travis you got a masterpiece AKA Box Car you put Mark+Travis you have a decent group AKA +44. Being real right now, you could have Travis and Tom today , call the band Blink 182 and still sell millions of albums. Tom is the face of Blink whether people like it or not. Mark has Whats My Age Again , Adams Song, Damnit and Rock Show. Beyond that all you really remember is Tom. Ya Mark is the medium in the group but as we have seen in the past, Tom+Travis=masterpiece.

I'm not trying to seem like an asshole, but honestly, after reading this I've decided that I'm done reading your posts

I'm not trying to seem like an asshole, but honestly, after reading this I've decided that I'm done reading your posts

+1

Both albums received mixed-to-positive ratings, and WDNTW fared worse than WYHSB. You're probably ejaculating over some fan reviews that are insignificant as far as this discussion is concerned.

And why did the "Blink residual effect" not help out +44?

Worse first single, little hype (compared to Tom's massive hype campaign that eventually backfired).

I've read all the Box Car Racer reviews and they were mostly positive.

What was Tom's "massive hype" campaign? A few articles in magazines and online, which were seen by thousands of people at the most.

WDNTW leaked weeks before the album went on sale, and it sold 127,000 first week. Let's say the hardcore Blink fanbase brought in half of that 127k... what made the album sell 50k second week? The Adventure was on the radio.

And then it went on to sell 600,000 in the US in the following year... those sales came slowly from the minor radio hits.

The only thing that backfired on Tom was a few articles calling him out (which few people read) and some Blink fans turned on Tom after Mark's interview.

You overestimate the size of Blink's fanbase.

EOTS sold 5 million copies in the US... when they had successful singles.

TOYPAJ sold 2 million copies in the US... when they had less successful singles.

Most people who bought Blink records in the past don't keep up to date with their interviews/articles like forum members. They bought the music because they heard the songs on the radio/TV.

Lol sorry that I post shit that gets under your skin, that was the point. I posted that for arguments sake. I basically wanted to see if people agreed that Blink could thrive with Tom+Travis and it would greatly under perform when you have Mark+Travis. Not putting Mark down talent wise, I am just saying that Tom + Travis are the face of Blink and they are the main draw for fans. Most people would rather hear Tom singing then Mark, I bet if you took a poll Tom would win in a landslide.  Also if you took a poll saying Tom+Travis or Mark + Travis it would be a landslide win for Tom and Travis. I could just be boring like most of you and come here every day going "OMG album coming soon I'm so excited !". Shit is boring as fuck to read, more fun to get people talking around here.

Lol sorry that I post shit that gets under your skin, that was the point. I posted that for arguments sake. I basically wanted to see if people agreed that Blink could thrive with Tom+Travis and it would greatly under perform when you have Mark+Travis. Not putting Mark down talent wise, I am just saying that Tom + Travis are the face of Blink and they are the main draw for fans. Most people would rather hear Tom singing then Mark, I bet if you took a poll Tom would win in a landslide.  Also if you took a poll saying Tom+Travis or Mark + Travis it would be a landslide win for Tom and Travis. I could just be boring like most of you and come here every day going "OMG album coming soon I'm so excited !". Shit is boring as fuck to read, more fun to get people talking around here.

you are a dumb bitch.

you are a dumb bitch.

Lol Ghent you are a terrible admin. You never argue, you just talk shit. Probably a coward in real life, would love to see you face to face kid-o.

you are a dumb bitch.

Lol Ghent you are a terrible admin. You never argue, you just talk shit. Probably a coward in real life, would love to see you face to face kid-o.

i'm not sure i want to meet you face-to-face, kid-o.

fat-girl-loves-cookies-300x219.jpg

you are a dumb bitch.

i'm not sure i want to meet you face-to-face, kid-o.

fat-girl-loves-cookies-300x219.jpg

Don't post up pictures of your mom when she went to fat camp. I can't fap to that.

I think it's time that you find a new message board.

agreed. she's a fucking idiot