The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

listening on my beat by dres now, holy shit marks bass is fucking epic.  after literally listening all day, snake charmer is 100% my favorite such eerie verses and just heavy chaotic catchy chorus.  GOTDF has grown on me, after midnight i feel is SO dry.  the rest i <3.  8 years for this and i am so happy.  i literally have been feeling the same joy i felt when untitled leaked, when i bought toypaj day it came out and the first time i heard enema, its so uncompareable to any other feeling.  so happy.

Anyone feel kinda empty now that the album is out?  We waited so long but there was always that thing we were looking forward to.  Now there's nothing to look forward to... another album in 3-4 years?  I used to always come here to check news up to the release... now there's not really a reason to come.  Not that I don't want to, but it won't be on my daily list of things to check.

I'm loving it, many highlights.

The only letdown for me so far is the we-need-a-fast-song-album-filler "This is home". Generic delonge-riff, weak lyrics and he sounds like he's 14. Not to pleased by "MH 4.18.2011" either, sounds like it's missing some layers.

But a decent+ record for sure. Happy.

Anyone feel kinda empty now that the album is out?  We waited so long but there was always that thing we were looking forward to.  Now there's nothing to look forward to... another album in 3-4 years?  I used to always come here to check news up to the release... now there's not really a reason to come.  Not that I don't want to, but it won't be on my daily list of things to check.

I sort of get what you mean, because looking back at the reformation of the band once the effect of it had worn off I think blink fans were all more than ready for new music. Now that we've had the album leak the excitement of it might quickly wear off for some people.

But there are a few things to look forward to:

- Official release of the album

- Pre-order bundles (hopefully a few people on here get some sick stuff)

- Possible discussion of a Grammy nomination for the album (obviously very early days but seriously this album is amazing)

- The European tour, which we got some really cool videos from last year (Reading vids were awesome) and probably even more epic ones in 2012 should blink play more stuff from Neighborhoods

I'd list the blinkumentary too but....well who knows if we'll see that in this lifetime :P

I'm loving it, many highlights.

The only letdown for me so far is the we-need-a-fast-song-album-filler "This is home". Generic delonge-riff, weak lyrics and he sounds like he's 14. Not to pleased by "MH 4.18.2011" either, sounds like it's missing some layers.

But a decent+ record for sure. Happy.

spot on.

no it is v0, you can see the average bitrate in itunes and it's typically for lame v0 between 260-280kbps. that's about as good as mp3 can get these days, so don't expect any noticable differences with the final release. well if you have some really good hifi equipment and know what you have to look for you might get some more clarity straight from cd. but really, 99% on this board won't hear any difference.

no it is v0, you can see the average bitrate in itunes and it's typically for lame v0 between 260-280kbps. that's about as good as mp3 can get these days, so don't expect any noticable differences with the final release. well if you have some really good hifi equipment and know what you have to look for you might get some more clarity straight from cd. but really, 99% on this board won't hear any difference.

i can hear a huge difference between 257 and 320 kbps.

i can hear a huge difference between 257 and 320 kbps.

Ditto.

No you get that wrong. The idea behind vbr mp3 is that you code each part of the song in the quality that you need to get a certain standard. vbr 256 is NOT cbr 256. You will find passages that are coded in 320kbps as well as passages that might be coded in 192 or less if more bitrate is not necessary to grant the same listening experience. This is a very complex field that has lots to do with psychoacoustics but bottom line V0 vbr is about as good as 320kbps cbr. It just needs less disc space.

I've done listening studies on this as well as I'm studiying BSc media technology and understanding those algorithms is a large part of what we do. I could hear absolutely no difference. You can however hear a difference to wave on CD - like I wrote.

ps: cbr = constant bit rate

vbr = variable bit rate

vbr with v0 setting (which we have here) = best quality vbr possible