The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I'm just pumped they're making a vid for it

Yeah it should be cool regardless.

I just want them to have a song get popular off this album at the mainstream level.

why? things like this only increase the amount of the retarded "fans" that only attend the shows to hear all the small things and get in drunk parking lot fights, which results in the band playing a setlist consisting of only singles.

i wouldn't be surprised if this band wants less attention. tom said himself in the billboard article that he hopes for blink to get off the major label and become independent. they are choosing singles that would only appeal to die-hard fans as opposed to the general public. having a ton of different managers running the band while having to deal with all these massive-venue tours must get annoying regardless of how much money they make from them.

I just want them to have a song get popular off this album at the mainstream level.

why? things like this only increase the amount of the retarded "fans" that only attend the shows to hear all the small things and get in drunk parking lot fights, which results in the band playing a setlist consisting of only singles.

i wouldn't be surprised if this band wants less attention. tom said himself in the billboard article that he hopes for blink to get off the major label and become independent. they are choosing singles that would only appeal to die-hard fans as opposed to the general public. having a ton of different managers running the band while having to deal with all these massive-venue tours must get annoying regardless of how much money they make from them.

The band wants to be relevant and you can't stay relevant if you don't sell in the millions.

The band wants to be relevant and you can't stay relevant if you don't sell in the millions.

maybe where you live, but there's independent bands that don't sell millions in the US that are extremely relevant and still sell out venues. blink has millions of real dedicated fans that stuck with them throughout the entire break up. with that said,  "relevant" to the general public or not, these dedicated fans are always going to buy their albums and see their shows. so whether or not they put out a hit single from this record isn't going to change much for them.

maybe where you live, but there's independent bands that don't sell millions in the US that are extremely relevant and still sell out venues. blink has millions of real dedicated fans that stuck with them throughout the entire break up. with that said,  "relevant" to the general public or not, these dedicated fans are always going to buy their albums and see their shows. so whether or not they put out a hit single from this record isn't going to change much for them.

i disagree. the only relevant bands in america are top 40 bands. Name one relevant band that doesn't produce mainstream hits.

even grammy winning shit like Arcade Fire still isn't popular at a mainstream level. I couldn't name a single song by them.

obviously blink can survive and even thrive without a top 40 hit...but if they plan on being relevant then they are going to need to produce one. I don't need blink to be relevant, but I want them to be.

Why should blink aspire to become less popular? they are fantastic band who deserve to do well... althoughI can understand it from the hipster point of view, it really isn't cool to like a band that everyone likes, so fair enough.

I'm sure there was a point where people thought you were one of those retarded younger fans, if someone had said that to you at the time I bet you would have told them to get fucked...I know I would have, Admittedly I saw seen young people at Reading Fest that don't know many songs, it just doesn't get me hung up, I just get on with it and enjoy my own experience instead of worrying about everyone else.

I think it's great that someone who is say thirteen could hear a real catchy single of neighborhoods, buy the album and then get into it and then their earlier material. Be awesome that Blink could produce a legacy where their music appeals to early teens while retaining their earlier fans who are approaching their thirties as well.

Why should blink aspire to become less popular? they are fantastic band who deserve to do well... althoughI can understand it from the hipster point of view, it really isn't cool to like a band that everyone likes, so fair enough.

I'm sure there was a point where people thought you were one of those retarded younger fans, if someone had said that to you at the time I bet you would have told them to get fucked...I know I would have, Admittedly I saw seen young people at Reading Fest that don't know many songs, it just doesn't get me hung up, I just get on with it and enjoy my own experience instead of worrying about everyone else.

I think it's great that someone who is say thirteen could hear a real catchy single of neighborhoods, buy the album and then get into it and then their earlier material. Be awesome that Blink could produce a legacy where their music appeals to early teens while retaining their earlier fans who are approaching their thirties as well.

as if referring to the way i looked and acted when i was sixteen is even a valid argument.

and i don't think anyone said anything about "young fans" being a problem. it's the drunk mid-twenty somethings that are ruining the shows for everyone by only attending for the singles they heard when they were younger and getting into fights with other bar-bros. and  if you knew anything at all about teenagers and what they're into these days you'd suddenly be against them by saying that they're all hipsters.

This argument is kind of ridiculous.  They should promote their best songs, just like every other band does (unless they're some obscure hipster-douche band, but I'm assuming rationality here).  They are not going refrain from promoting mainstreaming sounding songs incase some "bar bros" show up to their show.

It is relevant to bring up that we were all that kid who listened to Dammit or What's My Age Again and got hooked.  I love seeing younger kids at blink shows.  They remind me of me!

Just put up on tumblr by some dude, apparently this is the physical copy of Neighborhoods (Deluxe Edition): http://ivanlovesboobies.tumblr.com/post/10516264047/blink-182-neighborhoods

travis is doing the ultimate plug of outside side project within blink -- he has his solo album name on his shirt in the actual new blink cd cover

First person to by it from the store I went to fuck yeah.

Can't post pics cause I'm on my iPhone. Booklet is a letdown to be perfectly honest. Just the lyrics and then a thankyou page. No song descriptions or meanings. Artwork looks awesome in full though!