Aria

The blink 182 general discussion topic

Ghent you are a master topic locker, I dunno, sometimes I think it's okay to just leave them be.  A fail topic is a fail topic, doesn't mean you lock it because you don't like the idea.

i do not lock that many topics.

I never noticed topics being locked that often before, but every time I see it done, it's almost always you.  And in terms of that top 5/bottom 5 you could have asked to alter the criteria instead of just showing up like "Stupid lol".  Change it to top 3/bottom 3, you can make concessions.  There are others I've disagreed with, but that one's fresh on my mind.

i've been the mod in this section for like 3 years now. i think i have a decent grasp on what is fair to lock or not.

So here's my opinion, I think Tom is a lot more controlling now since forming AVA and that's why he pretty much dominated this new album. I think this could or probably already has caused drama between them (completely speculative) and we all know Mark does a ton of song writing so he needs an outlet (possibly +44?) Idk, maybe I'm wrong but I'm getting that vibe.

So here's my opinion, I think Tom is a lot more controlling now since forming AVA and that's why he pretty much dominated this new album. I think this could or probably already has caused drama between them (completely speculative) and we all know Mark does a ton of song writing so he needs an outlet (possibly +44?) Idk, maybe I'm wrong but I'm getting that vibe.

I don't think so. I think they wanted to prove Tom does still care about Blink. There's a lot more Mark on this album then self-titled. I think it's good for Tom to have AVA because he controls it 100% and they're pretty much Tom's bitches. Tom even admitted that with this album he had to learn to collaborate again with the guys. Tom will never fully control Blink.I just think there's so much going on with Managers, Lawyers etc. I think at this point they'd be better off not being on a label.

I don't think so. I think they wanted to prove Tom does still care about Blink. There's a lot more Mark on this album then self-titled. I think it's good for Tom to have AVA because he controls it 100% and they're pretty much Tom's bitches. Tom even admitted that with this album he had to learn to collaborate again with the guys. Tom will never fully control Blink.I just think there's so much going on with Managers, Lawyers etc. I think at this point they'd be better off not being on a label.

100% agreed.  For the guys in angels, i guess it's nice to be paid and to get more recognition from being associated with tom delonge, but yeah at the end of the day they're just his friends/hired guns who do what he tells them to do which they seem to enjoy.  get blink off a major, they don't need to deal with that nonsense anyway, but regrettably the manager/lawyer situation cannot be resolved as tom's management from angels HAS TO be involved in his blink management just from the nature of being his manager.  it's part of the deal and something that has to happen i suppose.  for now, let's enjoy what we've got and enjoy the fact that these three people are out there clearly enjoying themselves.

Ghent you are a master topic locker, I dunno, sometimes I think it's okay to just leave them be.  A fail topic is a fail topic, doesn't mean you lock it because you don't like the idea.

i do not lock that many topics.

I never noticed topics being locked that often before, but every time I see it done, it's almost always you.  And in terms of that top 5/bottom 5 you could have asked to alter the criteria instead of just showing up like "Stupid lol".  Change it to top 3/bottom 3, you can make concessions.  There are others I've disagreed with, but that one's fresh on my mind.

i've been the mod in this section for like 3 years now. i think i have a decent grasp on what is fair to lock or not.

Yeah, the first thing I thought was "Really? He could advice to change it to top 3/bottom 3...", I'm not agreed with you, but that's my opinion. I hope I don't get banned...

After listening to neighborhoods constantly since it leaked, i started listening to self titled and it reminded how it will probably stay as my favorite album of all time. Neighborhoods makes self titled sound so great to me. ^-^

After listening to neighborhoods constantly since it leaked, i started listening to self titled and it reminded how it will probably stay as my favorite album of all time. Neighborhoods makes self titled sound so great to me. ^-^

so does that mean that you liked neighborhoods or what? what does that mean

Loving the Neighborhoods album. The tracks I dig include Ghost, Snake Charmer, Wishing Well, Even if She Falls, This is Home. To be honest, I like the entire album.

On a slightly different note, what's going on with the Blinkumentary?

Impressive. The first song I ever learned on guitar, and this kid isn't even close on the main riff.  Didn't know it was possible to be that bad...

It gets better... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqt0ji96mck#

Bwahahahahahahahaha.  I can't stop laughing

Edit: his cover of The Adventure just made my ears bleed.