The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I wonder if he ever has much input aside from the drum parts? I love that outro on Snake Charmer and I noticed listening to his solo album there's a few outros similar.to it

I know they've said when Up All Night started it was more of an electronic thing then Travis came in and completely changed it to more rock.

I wonder if he ever has much input aside from the drum parts? I love that outro on Snake Charmer and I noticed listening to his solo album there's a few outros similar.to it

Doubt it, except inviting shitty rappers on to destroy songs. Also the Fallen Interlude is him I think.

However, Mark has said that Travis gives his opinion on the stuff they write like "thats good" or "that sucks". Whether they have actually scrapped a song because of him......I doubt it.

That being said, Travis' drumming still has a huge influence on what the songs become. It is very understated but his drumming really changed the face of the entire band starting with Enema.

Doubt it, except inviting shitty rappers on to destroy songs. Also the Fallen Interlude is him I think.

However, Mark has said that Travis gives his opinion on the stuff they write like "thats good" or "that sucks". Whether they have actually scrapped a song because of him......I doubt it.

That being said, Travis' drumming still has a huge influence on what the songs become. It is very understated but his drumming really changed the face of the entire band starting with Enema.

Like i said it sounds like he had a huge influence on Up all night,you think you hate it now but imagine what it would of been like without his influence? More Synth and less guitar.

Mark did, not Travis. I'm pretty sure Travis was a huge part of how Snake Charmer, even outside the outro. 

there's actually a video interview with travis where he says he purposely recorded his drums differently on up all night so that tom would be forced to add heavier guitar parts.

he also said that mark and tom, during the neighborhoods sessions, were like "yeah i think this album is done" and travis was pissed because he wanted to get in the studio together, which is when they wrote those four additional songs or whatever

• Like 1

i am in the minority who love fallen interlude. it's different, it's interesting, and it's a great bridge from the first half of the album to the second. i didn't like yelawolf being forced into pretty little girl though. i'm not opposed to rappers making guest appearances in songs (although yelawolf wouldn't be my first choice) but his cameo in that song just... was terrible.

he also said that mark and tom, during the neighborhoods sessions, were like "yeah i think this album is done" and travis was pissed because he wanted to get in the studio together, which is when they wrote those four additional songs or whatever

it was when they cancelled the european tour. tom was ready to start touring and travis was like "fuck no, we said we'd have new songs to play." everything i read about that seemed to refer to it as the biggest blowup from that recording process, so i've always wondered about it.

• Like 2

Like i said it sounds like he had a huge influence on Up all night,you think you hate it now but imagine what it would of been like without his influence? More Synth and less guitar.

I think it would be better with more synth and less guitar!