The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

that youtube video was posted feb 22 2009... which was only days following the grammy announcement. while tons of those are pretty obviously fake in the video, the up all night one is definitely real and one of them is young london. i'm surprised tom would play the demo for up all night on modlife so early in the reunion. 

that youtube video was posted feb 22 2009... which was only days following the grammy announcement. while tons of those are pretty obviously fake in the video, the up all night one is definitely real and one of them is young london. i'm surprised tom would play the demo for up all night on modlife so early in the reunion. 

i remember the real video ripped from modlife..there was about 5 demos played, all originally for blink. but most of them turned into horrible ava songs.

and dylan, i don't listen to songs called behold a pale horse..i definitely believe that the riff got transplanted to an ava song though.

and wtf mark. unguarded instead of retarded? hide out instead of jack off? why the fuck is he censoring old blink songs?

we've talked about this before, but every time i listen to those performances, those lines ruin it for me. those are classic blink lyrics... "i'll just jack off in my room until then" was the kind of line that really hooked me onto blink back in the day. i know it's kind of pathetic, but it's the truth.

• Like 2

and wtf mark. unguarded instead of retarded? hide out instead of jack off? why the fuck is he censoring old blink songs?

we've talked about this before, but every time i listen to those performances, those lines ruin it for me. those are classic blink lyrics... "i'll just jack off in my room until then" was the kind of line that really hooked me onto blink back in the day. i know it's kind of pathetic, but it's the truth.

to be fair it originally was hide out.

• Like 1

I've been wondering that, too. But I remember some vids from before the hiatus where Travis comments on Tom's guitar playing. So it seems like he does not just add his drum parts and that's it.

Well... Tom's guitar playing is, almost, 90% rythm guitar (if not more). So it makes sense that the bone of the rythm of the band, Travis on drums, can suggest some thing on the way Tom plays the guitar (strumming patterns and stuff like that).

i was definitely sort-of taken aback by "unguarded," and it rubs me the wrong way slightly. because even when that lyric was recorded, it was an album on a major label going out to a possible millions. it's possible he just didn't really care or have the foresight that it could offend. and even those blink's calling card was being fairly offensive, i wasn't outraged by the change. mark's older and wiser, and plus clearly realizes the impact his music has made on people.

i WAS outraged by the "hide out" thing the first time i heard it, but then i remembered it was originally like that. i wonder if it was just a weird mistaken recollection by mark and he just forgot he changed it to "jack off."

I don't want blink to be a band that can't say retarded...c'mon.

And I don't feel like that word is any more offensive now than it was in the 90s.

It's not a big deal...I just don't like it. Their disregard for PC was what helped make them.

dude ranch was on MCA, their first major label release. the only reason it also has cargo's logo on the back is because they were absorbed by MCA

Okay, I thought the band wrote DR while still directly under Cargo and then that got absorbed by MCA by the time it came out.