The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Maybe if Blink didn't make empty and misleading promises about recording a new album, people wouldn't be making these posts. People here are just frustrated and upset that Blink cockteases an album every year and never lives up to their promises. I literally avoid their interviews and statements now because I know they are talking out of their asses and don't mean a word they say. 

Stop blaming the people on here and take a harder look at this joke of a band. You're saying we should stop talking about the band because there is no news, yet this message board revolves around discussion about the band. Here's an idea, if you don't want to hear critical opinions and speculation about Blink, maybe YOU should stop coming here.

Absolute truth nuke from Casey. Parts of Zoltan's body all over the forum. Rip pal.

to be fair 2/3rds of the band seem to be on page. just one isn't...

Mark is either wilfully blind or gullible/overly optimistic. He always states how they are going to be recording soon but it never materializes, as someone mentioned on an earlier page, Travis is the only genuine and honest one in the band right now. It does seem that Mark just wants to be in the spotlight and be relevant and thus he's happy with just touring Blink and playing the same songs over and over. 

• Like 1

Tom says the same shit though. It's not like Mark is just talking out his ass. I think they make genuine plans to record and then Tom fucks them over with endless AVA wastes of time.

• Like 2

Tom says the same shit though. It's not like Mark is just talking out his ass. I think they make genuine plans to record and then Tom fucks them over with endless AVA wastes of time.

Agreed, but you'd think at this point Mark would keep quiet to the media rather than making promises that he knows probably won't be fulfilled based on their track record. 

I'd love for someone to come out with a chronology of all the broken promises of Blink. Starting with the tsunami benefit concert right before hiatus (and Mark saying he'd play a solo acoustic performance), through the Up All Night "release" that was delayed a year or two, the Blinkumentary, and all the chatter of a new album. It's actually pretty impressive how much they've hyped different releases to fans and then never followed up on them. 

This summer I see blink for the 16th and 17th time. I have seen them play some songs every show, the same set two nights in a row, big arenas down to small venues. Brixton will be amazing. Seeing my favourite band never gets old, and neither does seeing live music. I love it. I appreciate all the different points of view, and love it when new things are played and tried, Wasting time live was phenomenal in Manchester for the first time in 15 years. We all want the same thing in some respect, but are very happy with different things in others. That isn't blind fanboyness, it's called a passion for something and getting the most out of it. Glass = firmly half full!

• Like 1

I had never seen this before, but this is the best they've sounded since the reunion. Hands down. Tom actually sings the song and all the instruments sound great.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F09pgvX4OCM

That's pretty good. But this is the best they've sounded since the reunion. Tom's voice is better than some of his pre 2004 stuff.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvQv6oCDHRI

• Like 2

There's a lot of amateur vids that sound better. Mainly from euro 2012 I think, but maybe the shitty quality hides the flaws a bit

The acoustics of Wasting Time/Give Me One Good Reason/Waggy and all that are probably my favourite post reunion performances, well not counting the gigs I went to

I wish they would release a live album again. They should've done it at the Untitled shows or even AU shows, the 2nd Melbourne one would make for a hilarious album though I suppose Travis wasn't there. So easy to do and Holmes or whoever could mix it so they sound less shite.

• Like 1

That's pretty good. But this is the best they've sounded since the reunion. Tom's voice is better than some of his pre 2004 stuff.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvQv6oCDHRI

God, Tom is MINT in this video compared to him now... Cool to see the Gibson without all the shit all over it too.

Ended up listening through Neighborhoods for the first time in a couple of months because of that video of After Midnight.

God I love this album.  It keeps growing on me.  I can tell Travis was having so much fun playing the drums on these songs.  The guitar tones are wonderful in every song in my opinion.  There isn't even a weak song for me, except like the interlude, but even that I fucking love listening through everytime.

Ended up listening through Neighborhoods for the first time in a couple of months because of that video of After Midnight.

God I love this album. It keeps growing on me. I can tell Travis was having so much fun playing the drums on these songs. The guitar tones are wonderful in every song in my opinion. There isn't even a weak song for me, except like the interlude, but even that I fucking love listening through everytime.

Ermmm.. Luv, luv is so dangerouuuuus.

Fighting the fucking Gravity?

The reason I was partly dissapointted with neighborhoods is that it was the first time they had forgettable songs on there, ones that I actually didn't want to hear.

Some bangers on there, just severely disjointed.

• Like 1