The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

i'd have to agree about distraction. that song feels forced, aimless and half-baked. i'll admit that i've never liked good day as much either, though. the war, do it for me now and start the machine in particular are my favorites from that record. 

"in other news, there's a new AVA member: We welcome Ed Breckinridge to the gang- Formerly of the post-hardcore band #Thrice, he is a perfect fit for this group of punk rock Gymnasts. A daily surfer, and skateboarder .... And shredder from Orange County, we look forward to his moves on stage.#NowWeHave2Ponytails"

10518157_679600282130163_1592833101_n.jp

I think for the most part its actually a great song, but dear lord, those chorus lyrics of I think I like today, I think its good. really really ruin the song.  I mean I think the verses are great, and I like the rest of the chorus that follows, but he just has these so awkward and cringe lyrics that they just ruin the song.  I can not for the life of me understand why Tom didn't work on the lyrics another hour and find something that actually sounded even just decent there.

Worst song on that album though?  I think I'd say The War or Distraction.  2 of the most boring tracks they've ever created, I can not understand the love I see here and there for The War, it sucks so bad.

Yeah, The War is an awful song.

And sucks he got a new bassist, but not surprising. Here's to another 2 year run of AVA with blink on the back burner...at least!

i think what we should all be noticing is the way that we are all individual sentient beings with different feelings and different tastes, which in turn affects the fact that we have differing opinions on AVA and blink and all the rest of it, that won't change, because we feel strongly about it.

when this became an excuse to spent 5 pages ranting on ava in a blink thread, i dunno.

How did this thread turn into the AVA general discussion?

Might as well change this thread to the AVA general discussion for awhile.

Ditto.

OMG I'm quoting myself now. I feel pathetic.

That's what happens when there is no new blink to discuss.

who cares if some AVA discussion is going on in here...it's only natural.

it beats set list, male pattern baldness, tom's alcoholism, greed, and other constantly regurgitated topics for awhile.

• Like 5

I agree, discussions about AVA, BCR, and +44 are inevitable when talking about blink, especially when not much else is going on, they're all related and intertwined like it or not.

With that in mind, just wanna say how much I love Chapter 13, that song is the shit.

• Like 1