The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

This is really going to be the test. Tom is all gung ho about Blink now just like he was last year....new album by Reading and all that. Now everything has just advanced a year.

So with AVA in the works it will be very interesting to see if this continues or it fizzles. I don't think Mark or Travis will allow themselves to be dealt another no show by Tom.

So its kind of make or break this coming year I think.

You might be right, but in fairness you've also said this for the past 5 years.  Weak-minded.

• Like 1

This is really going to be the test. Tom is all gung ho about Blink now just like he was last year....new album by Reading and all that. Now everything has just advanced a year.

So with AVA in the works it will be very interesting to see if this continues or it fizzles. I don't think Mark or Travis will allow themselves to be dealt another no show by Tom.

So its kind of make or break this coming year I think.

We all know they'll go back to they way they were. And when they do record, it won't be for very long.

• Like 1

You might be right, but in fairness you've also said this for the past 5 years.  Weak-minded.

LOL

We all know they'll go back to they way they were. And when they do record, it won't be for very long.

That's my feeing on it too.....but I guess I am in for this. Might as well be. Hope for the best prepare for the worst.

Did they play Asthenia in pro shot?

They did. It wasn't very good though IMO. One of the weaker ones in the set which is strange.

100,000+ people chanting "What the fuck! What the fuck!" after they realized Blink didn't deliver on that promise would have been epic. I doubt too many people knew or cared though.

When they played at the original reunion tour, I tried to get an "Up All Night!" chant to hear the new song. Only like 3 or 4 people knew what I was talking about/joined in. 

• Like 2

I just came to realize one thing. Talking about the interview when Mark said they were going to give a surprise and stuff... did you think about how many people cared about THAT interview? I mean... we all read that, because, in the end, we are-have been die hard fans. And we are hungry for news. But, can you imagine the 'normal' people caring about what Mark (that guy who dressed like a banana) says on a little interview before headline Leeds and Reading? Nope.

I would like to know how many people said to themselves "WTF" when blink were announced as headliners. Yeah, again: maybe to us is a logical thing, specially when they announced they were going to play new material and all the promises they broke, a year ago. But, again, what about all the rest of people who just don't care? Have you thought about them?

Why I'm saying this? Simple: because I think that the fact of not giving nothing special at this shows, even if it was announced, is not a big deal. In terms of %: how many people do you think have gone 'mad' at the show for not having any surprise? 5% of the crowd? Nah, not even.

EDIT: to correct some typos.

I just came to realize one thing. Talking about the interview when Mark said they were going to give a surprise and stuff... did you think about how many people cared about THAT interview? I mean... we all read that, because, in the end, we are, have been die hard fans. And we are hungry for news. But, can you imagine the 'normal' people caring about what Mark (that guy who dressed like a banana) says on a little interview before headline Leeds and Reading? Nope.

I would like to know how many people sait to themselves "WTF" hen blink were announced as headliners. Yeah, again: maybe to us is a logical thing, specially when they announced they were going to play new material and all the promises they broke. But, again, what about all the rest of people who just don't care? Have you thought about them?

Why I'm saying this? Simple: because I think that the fact of not giving nothing special, even if it was announces, is not a big deal. In terms of %: how many people do you think have gone 'mad' at the show for not having any surprise? 5% of the crowd? Nah, not even.

Absolutely true but it still sucks thst they are breaking their promises again and again.

Tey arn´t hurting the "normal" fans, they are hurting the die-hard fans.

• Like 2

Absolutely true but it still sucks thst they are breaking their promises again and again.

Tey arn´t hurting the "normal" fans, they are hurting the die-hard fans.

I agree. And that's the fucked up thing. Knowing this, maybe, there are two options:

- They just think they can hit the big masses when the new record comes out (because, maybe, they are thinking about the generation gap).

- They are 100% sure about the fact that, no matter what, die hard fans will be listening, waiting swallowing broken promises just to listen a new album and watch them live again. (Taking things for granted)

I'm not sure that they know what they are really doing.

Limbos are not good. And right now, they are stuck in a big one.

Anyway, I'm burning to see the stream!!! I hope someone recorded it :D

• Like 1

- They are 100% sure about the fact that, no matter what, die hard fans will be listening, waiting swallowing broken promises just to listen a new album and watch them live again. (Taking things for granted)

Anyway, I'm burning to see the stream!!! I hope someone recorded it :D

You delivered the answer in the same posting! :D

I did what I could to watch that stream from outside of the UK. I´ve seen the same setlist a week ago live in Stuttgart but still - I HAD TO SEE IT TODAY :D

We, the die-hard fans, will always listen to their records and watch their shows no matter what. Blink knows that and that´s why they are fucking with us.

The causal fans won´t care about setlists, a new record and broken promises.

Whenever  I see such a great performance like this I always think about "What could be...". I´d like to lock them up in the studio for a month and the result would be EPIC!