The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I doubt Tom cheated on his wife....almost all lyrics I see Tom mentioning Jen in a negative way seem to relate to him just not being there or him putting his work endeavors ahead of his family. I think there was a rumor "I'm Sorry" or whatever BCR song that is is about Tom cheating, but there's no evidence and I think it's stupid to presume otherwise. 

Oliver, your reasoning that 'because blink was so sexual, must mean they were sexually promiscuous' is real low brow. I mean - by that logic, all three of them are probably super, super, super gay. 

• Like 3

I wonder where Blink will record their next record. They keep saying they want to do it like Untitled, so I'm wondering if they'll take they're own gear to a house and bring in someone like Bill Stevenson. I wish they'd go back to their roots with the next one. Just a fast, fun punk album about adulthood. Songs that they're capable of performing live. I think the problem with Neighborhoods is that so many of those songs are a little to "over the top" for Blink. It's hard to explain. Take a song like Ghost on the Dance Floor. Studio version sounds awesome, live version sucks.

Well, that's a felling I've had for a long time. Blink makes songs in the studio that they are not able to reproduce (exactly) live. But well, that happens with a lot of bands. It depends on how you perceive it all. Some bands like to reproduce the exact sound of their work in th studio on stage (and then, they ad extra musicians and all), and others want to be able to re-arrange the songs to play them live.

I still have never head of the Washington story he mentioned before. That blew my mind. 

lol because that's bullshit too. I spent some time googling that, and found NOTHING that says ANYTHING like what Oliver said. All it says is that Washington came to visit Peggy (Benedict's wife) and she feigned hysteria. Not that Washington fucked her, while giving Hamilton the ol' "Hey-I'm-Gonna-Fuck-This-Chick" wink.

Sorry I thought it was pretty obvious the Washington story was tongue in cheek. Sorry if you took it as gospel. It was a twist on history to setup an analogy. There is actually some evidence that Peggy Shippen did unbutton her shirt...I got that from a well respected historian. However, Washington didn't have sex with her. Washington was an all business kind of person....never gave into temptation or vice of any kind. The rest of the story is true.

I also like telling twisted history stories because it keeps people interested in history. See you looked it up didn't you? Now you learned something cool. Most people know little about history and that is a shame.

Another reason I don't tell my Tom story is because people will find a way to say "you don't know for sure". Like if I said I watched Tom physically put his junk into someone other than his wife, you guys would want a picture. If I produced a picture, you'd claim it was fake because the photo wasn't reviewed by a forensic professional.....etc

You'd pull whatever you could find out of the hat to try and defend your false idol.

I am so sick of that.

How extreme and silly of us. To want some kind of evidence. Silly us.

That story about Washington was interesting.

Thanks.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. No one is asking for more.

You are missing the point. I could post all the proof in the world and people would find a way around defending their false idol. So there isn't any point. It goes like this, I post story, people find ways to refute it, I defend, they refute, I defend, they refute......another 6 hours of my time was wasted.

No thanks.

Another reason I don't tell my Tom story is because people will find a way to say "you don't know for sure". Like if I said I watched Tom physically put his junk into someone other than his wife, you guys would want a picture. If I produced a picture, you'd claim it was fake because the photo wasn't reviewed by a forensic professional.....etc

You'd pull whatever you could find out of the hat to try and defend your false idol.

I am so sick of that.

Not like you didn't know that this is how people were gonna react though.

And unless you have witnessed Tom having sex with someone other than his wife or have seen pictures of such an incident, there is no proof.

And if you would present us with such proof and people would not see him as shit person because of that and "defend their idol", so what? What are you even trying to prove?!

• Like 2

Not like you didn't know that this is how people were gonna react though.

And unless you have witnessed Tom having sex with someone other than his wife or have seen pictures of such an incident, there is no proof.

And if you would present us with such proof and people would not see him as shit person because of that and "defend their idol", so what? What are you even trying to prove?!

Sorry, but this is silly. There is actually no one who witnessed OJ kill his wife. No pictures either. So why do so many know he is guilty?

There is seriously no proof physical that Hitler ordered the holocaust. So how do we know he did?

What you are saying above in the very first line of defense for coming to the aid your false idol. So, no thanks.

Hey guys I drank a beer last night. But how do you REALLY know, did you see it? Well I told you I did, but how do you really know? Well I do drink beer a lot, but how do you REALLY know? You didn't see it. Well people do drink beer at night. But how do you REALLY know? You didn't see me drink that beer.

Do you see what I mean?

This is stupid.

Hey guys I drank a beer last night. But how do you REALLY know, did you see it? Well I told you I did, but how do you really know? Well I do drink beer a lot, but how do you REALLY know? You didn't see it. Well people do drink beer at night. But how do you REALLY know? You didn't see me drink that beer.

Do you see what I mean?

This is stupid.

Ima needa see the empty bottle at least

Do you see what I mean?

This is stupid.

Yes it is.

You could be lying, you could be honest, we don't know. But when it comes to beer, I'd assume you're not lying because it would be silly to lie about that.

However, talking about how you KNOW Tom is a cheater and expect people to just believe you, and that you can't say anything more about it for some mysterious reason, makes you not very credible.

• Like 1