The blink 182 general discussion topic

Ari

I love the song too but honestly I'm surprised so many other people like it because aside from maybe Up All Night it's the song on the record that reminds me most of Angels & Airwaves.

REALLY?! Even If She Falls reminds me most of the type of material you'd find on TOYPAJ or Enema, but on the more mature side of those albums.  In fact, I'd say the most AVA like song on the album is actually Ghost on the Dancefloor.  Up All Night to me sounds like its own unique thing, wouldn't really consider that an AVA like song either.  More like blink continuing with the experimentation they were toying with in the self titled album.

I've never seen This Is Home get any love. I think it is a pretty good song. 

One of (if not the) my least favorite blink songs from Dude Ranch or later.  I actually really like the verses, but I'm not a fan of that chorus at all, it ruins the song for me.

I would much rather listen to this is home over eisfil. Ive said before but ill never understand why even if she falls is so loved. Yes its good but its nothing special i feel. Dont get all the comparison to enema and take off at all

I would much rather listen to this is home over eisfil. Ive said before but ill never understand why even if she falls is so loved. Yes its good but its nothing special i feel. Dont get all the comparison to enema and take off at all

Me neither. Like I said before, it's one of the songs that reminds me most of Angels & Airwaves on the album.

Every time I hear this song:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHPPAsAJ6cY

the first other song I'm reminded of is always this, not exactly sure why, but I instantly am reminded of this which was always a favorite of mine from TOYPAJ:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y1auwIvR1U

I always thought that Please Take Me Home sounded like a mature song wrapped up in adolescence coupled with a pop-punk beat.  I feel the same thing about Even If She Falls as well, though it doesn't delve so deep into adolescence, the same feelings are elicted from me by both songs, even though I'd argue that Please Take Me Home is a more negative song about not getting what you want, while Even If She Falls, feels much more like a positive song, but you don't know if you get what you want in that song as its about the girl, which I think makes it a much less selfish song.  So while I'd say the tune and the feelings they elicit from me are very similar, Even If She Falls has the added punch of what made the self titled and BCR albums so much more meaningful.  I mean if all of that is also how you'd describe Angels and Airwaves, then I'd agree with you.  But that is not at all how AVA sounds to me, and none of the feelings or mood brought to me are remotely similar to how AVA songs typically make me feel.

• Like 1

there were fan q&a's with bill stevenson of descendents, and he was asked about producing the next blink record:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2jtq2k/we_are_milo_aukerman_bill_stevenson_karl_alvarez/
Q: Hey Bill! Would you be the producer for the next blink-182 album? (I know they will ask you to be. Please accept it, and teach those guys how to be a real band! They desperately need their idol's input...)
A: I have known those guys for quite a while - they seem to do well with the more "big name" type producers.. so, i think things are probably as they should be - bill

http://www.punknews.org/article/56265/interviews-well-do-it-live-bill-stevenson
Q: Bill, what do you think of bands that have clearly idolized or been influenced by ALL or The Descendents, such as The Foo Fighters, The Offspring, Blink-182, Sum 41, Pennywise or Face to Face? Would you consider producing a record by one of those bands?
A: I would love to do a pennywise record. we grew up in the same town. I am open to anything, as long as I don't hate a band's songs

• _Kyle_ pinned this topic