The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Because he thinks AVA is more than a band, so even though Matt David and this Eddie dude aren't actually in the band, they're involved in the project, so that makes them in the band. 

It makes no sense and is simply delusional.

Because he thinks AVA is more than a band, so even though Matt David and this Eddie dude aren't actually in the band, they're involved in the project, so that makes them in the band. 

It makes no sense and is simply delusional.

Oh I'm aware this is almost definitely what is happening, but there are people like Capsov asking why Tom would lie about the two of them being in the band.  And the answer is that in his head, they are still a part of the band, probably because the recorded some of the music on the new album, so they're therefore in the band at least for this release.  You're absolutely right, he's delusional.  I mean he's always been so with AVA, but as of lately he sounds worse than ever about his delusions with AVA.  This is going to be their 5th album, and if you asked any average Joe on the street who Angels and Airwaves are, they'd have no idea who the hell you're talking about.  But oh! I'm sorry this stuff is changing the world, and will be relevant even 30 years from now.  Dear lord Tom.  The worst part is, some of blink's music will indeed stand the test of time (well at least 30 years anyway), but Tom still struggles to understand how important and meaningful blink really is.

Sorry about that, that was very in line with one of my many rants I had when blink was on hiatus.  It's weird that LOVE pt 2 didn't bother me when blink was around, but this new album and the things Tom is asserting about it is just like when he blamed his pain killers on his problems, but worse.

Having said all of that, I do think that this new album shows the most promise of possibly being good since The Adventure leaked for WDNTW.  I'm sure those thoughts will be put right to rest on release, but I'm definitely going to give the album a fair chance, I do have something of an interest in it, which I don't think I've said about an AVA album since I Empire.

Blink need to call it a day and put everyone out of their misery.

The lack of updates is a fucking disgrace. Doesn't take much for them to tweet something.

It's sad now, how the fuck did we get to this? Never thought blink would end up like this, of all the bands, not blink.

• Like 3

Blink need to call it a day and put everyone out of their misery.

The lack of updates is a fucking disgrace. Doesn't take much for them to tweet something.

It's sad now, how the duck did we get to this? Never thought blink would end up like this, of all the bands, not blink.

Meh, I don't really care that they're taking their sweet time and don't know when the album will actually get done.  I'm glad its happening and my life isn't hinged on the thing getting done.  I'm sure it will be great when its finally out there, but I'm not waiting with baited breath here.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, if this is what it takes for blink to exist in this day and age (Tom devoting time set aside for his AVA crap), then so be it.  I remember how much more miserable I was when they were just completely gone, so if they take 3 to 4 years to release every album so be it, and if we get a bonus EP a year after an album is released, I don't see how I can be that upset.  I mean its not hard to imagine a reality where they didn't do Dogs Eating Dogs, and right now we'd still be waiting for their first release since Neighborhoods.  That would really suck, because DED more than Neighborhoods showed what these guys can do together in modern times.

• Like 1

I'd rather they finished. Their new stuff isn't even that good. I basically like any music and blinks new stuff is just a disappointment.

Disagree.  Some of their new stuff is phenomenal.  I mean I love all of Dogs Eating Dogs, and that was them working directly together, and Neighborhoods had one of their most brilliant songs ever in my opinion (Kaleidoscope), as well as a few other fantastic tracks, and that's what happens when they're half assing it not even in the same studio.  I can't let a few week tracks from that album and Tom's need to do AVA take my love away from blink and the music they make.  Having said that, I will be really annoyed in this new album is recorded in a similar fashion as Neighborhoods, that would suck.

• Like 2

I'd rather they finished. Their new stuff isn't even that good. I basically like any music and blinks new stuff is just a disappointment.

Well good for you but I don't care about any other band except blink, and their recent music has been good despite all the shit going on in the background.

The day blink disbands because of Tom is the day Tom joins my grudge list below Joe Quesada and Chris Carter.

• Like 1

Meh. It's alright. Forgettable.

What are we talking about the DED ep or Kaleidoscope?  Either way I completely disagree with you.  But that's what's great about music, it all speaks to everyone differently.  I'm not a fan in the slightest of This is Home, but I know Ghent loves it.  Clearly he gets something out of that song that I'm not quite getting, but I'm not gonna hold that against him or anything like that.  It's cool if you'd rather they were gone, but in my own personal opinion, I'm very happy that they're around even in the capacity that they are, and wouldn't wish them to ever split again if possible.

There have been some decent post-reunion songs...None of them define Bilnk for me. As I always say, I'd rather have had more +44 records. They're not really a real band anymore. Anyone who doesn't think they ride off of their pre-breakup success if lying to themselves.

I can't help but think that if 1992-2004 was all there was for this band, I could have at least had one "perfect" band to look back on. There is a part of me bothered that even what I consider to be the best of bands couldn't go out on a good note.

While I'm not really sure how I feel about the reunion....I can say that i am glad I got to see them because of it in 2013. However, I'm gonna say that it should probably be over now. They're just tarnishing their legacy at this point.

Regardless if their last 2 records have been good or not (which I think they've been nothing more than decent), their whole recording process has been pathetic.

To be honest, I'm not sure them recording at this present time is such a good idea. I mean, you have a delusional Tom DeLonge back on the scenes again. We all know the next record is going to take ages and be done in stages, which will be edited in a huge mess.

Oh I'm aware this is almost definitely what is happening, but there are people like Capsov asking why Tom would lie about the two of them being in the band.  And the answer is that in his head, they are still a part of the band, probably because the recorded some of the music on the new album, so they're therefore in the band at least for this release.  You're absolutely right, he's delusional.  I mean he's always been so with AVA, but as of lately he sounds worse than ever about his delusions with AVA.  This is going to be their 5th album, and if you asked any average Joe on the street who Angels and Airwaves are, they'd have no idea who the hell you're talking about.  But oh! I'm sorry this stuff is changing the world, and will be relevant even 30 years from now.  Dear lord Tom.  The worst part is, some of blink's music will indeed stand the test of time (well at least 30 years anyway), but Tom still struggles to understand how important and meaningful blink really is.

Sorry about that, that was very in line with one of my many rants I had when blink was on hiatus.  It's weird that LOVE pt 2 didn't bother me when blink was around, but this new album and the things Tom is asserting about it is just like when he blamed his pain killers on his problems, but worse.

Having said all of that, I do think that this new album shows the most promise of possibly being good since The Adventure leaked for WDNTW.  I'm sure those thoughts will be put right to rest on release, but I'm definitely going to give the album a fair chance, I do have something of an interest in it, which I don't think I've said about an AVA album since I Empire.

your signature really doesnt make it easier to read your overlong posts