The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

New Tom interview. I put it here because I found interesting how the writer put blink on his text:
http://diymag.com/2014/12/02/angels-and-airwaves-tom-delonge-interview-the-sum-of-the-albums-parts-will-create-a-much-bigger-whole

Aliens, conspiracy theories and dick jokes; Tom DeLonge’s career has been littered with all sorts of projects and all kinds of fixations. More than anything, though, the Angel and Airwaves frontman – who shares his time with that other small-time band of his, Blink 182 – has never been short of ambition. Now is no different except, with the band’s new project, things are going to be that little bit bigger.

Don't know if this is sarcasm or what.

fuck knows what's on Tom's mind about Blink, but I do know he wants to stay relevant these day. At first he shocked the world with a debut album Wdntw, then the followers got too repetitive and delonge lost his touch. whats he's doing now? found a universal musician who he thinks will get him on top again. not gonna happen. I'm not so sure whether delonge wants stay a successful musician or he just loves his ava thing that much. if he really wants explode again, stop fucking touring with blink and get the album out, not the shitty one, but a massive progression from DED or at least the same style but with a flow like he used to have. thats what will bring him a giant attention to both bands. He just took wrong strategy. Right now he's not balancing between two bands, hes killing one and keeps one floating till that curly mofo leaves. one epic blink album will get him on top of the game for the next 10 years, while ava album will do nothing, except busting his ego. dammit. I'm actually surprised that blink didn't drop idea about recording in da house. who knows.

• Like 1

Experts all are we.

Congratulations to everyone on the success of yourselves and your music. Your careers were earned by sheer gusto and knowledge of the medium!

Huzzah.

*criticizes people who act like experts as he himself acts like an expert.

• Like 1

Not to harp on him but I can honestly see why this shit can be infuriating to fans. If Thom Yorke talked about Radiohead in the same way, I would be annoyed. If I was in the band with him, I would be annoyed. It's passively condescending.

BUT, hearing him wanting to get to work on this "thing" does mean he's there for some reason. Money is not really a big enough reason for Tom to be there (IMO) as he still probably makes a killing and could score a movie and make 50,000 easily. His resourses are not dried up is my point. Speculate all we want, but let's just wait and see what the new year brings us. Hopefully some killer tunes, a good tour, and maybe some re-freshed interest in the band. This forum could use it.

• Like 2

I'm actually glad he released this AVA album prior to any work with blink.

The worst thing Tom has done post reunion is working on AVA while working on blink. He did the reunion tour while trying to release an AVA album. Then he toured Neighborhoods while trying to release an AVA movie. 

It cheapens both products when he does them simultaneously. I think people would be fine with AVA if he dedicated certain amounts of time to it while blink is inactive.

There's nothing more annoying than hearing them say blink is getting ready to record, then suddenly Tom throws himself balls deep at an AVA project.

• Like 2

Yeah. LOVE 2 and Neighborhoods came out around the same time too. And didn't the AVA and blink EPs come out the exact same day? (I don't know I was out of the country and unaware this stuff was happening at the time) Him not working on blink and AVA at the same time is a plus in my opinion as well.

That AVA ep was such a forced piece of junk.  I honestly think it might be their absolute worst release, not to mention an all around pointless release, it felt like Tom didn't even have much to do with it, and it was much more about Illan, which is really weird considering how AVA inherently is all about Tom.

• Like 1