The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I would say the exact opposite so clearly we just have different taste

if you think repetitive ambient noise that ultimately goes nowhere is exciting, then yeah, I'd say we have very different tastes.  +44 is flawed, but it is by far the more interesting band with the far better music.

I am starting to feel like Blink 182 is a GF you broke up with 10 years ago and hoping you can still get back together with her. It's like trying to live in the past.

I was at a bar last night and our waiter had a Blink tattoo. It was Tom's arm band with the Blink rabbit. When I brought it up he was like "yeah got this when I was a kid" and proceeded to talk about Blink in the past tense, kind of like Tom does. Like "Yeah I remember those days".

if you think repetitive ambient noise that ultimately goes nowhere is exciting, then yeah, I'd say we have very different tastes. +44 is flawed, but it is by far the more interesting band with the far better music.

Once again, different tastes. I would not say that about AVA at all.

WYHSB is a perfect album for me. There's not a song I skip and I really think it's  cohesive, memorable masterpiece that has great lyrics and musicianship all around.

I have never sat through more than two songs on an AVA record. It's very boring to me. All this, artsy, "ethereal" building into basic, overproduced rock songs.

There's no reward for sitting through the boring atmospheric stuff, and the writing has always been garbage.

And that is why I would rather have new +44 than new Blink at this point. You think that and go, "You'd rather have new +44 than have Blink continue the in the Untitled direction?" But here's the thing, that is never, ever going to come back. If Blink is ever good again it will be a new style. The old Tom does not exist anymore, and therefore he is never going to create the music the old Tom used to. Tom is going to make the music he wants to, not the music that Blink fans want. This is why the band is probably just wasting time, building towards another feud over creative differences.

And you have to realise that the Mark that wrote that album is never going to come back. It's a two-way street. The guy just doesn't write memorable songs right now, apart from Kaleidoscope that is. 

Also, you should NEVER write what your fans want to hear. It's a recipe for disaster. You have to produce what comes naturally, otherwise it feels forced ala This is Home (A song I enjoy regardless of that).