The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

They weren't in the right complaining about not writing together though. All blink records with one exception were written separately. Mark needs to get his shit back together creativity-wise. In fact, I could see him having used Tom's passivity as an excuse not to write anything by himself.

Oh, and no one with a Sonic 3 avatar is fully retarded.

They weren't in the right complaining about not writing together though. All blink records with one exception were written separately. Mark needs to get his shit back together creativity-wise. In fact, I could see him having used Tom's passivity as an excuse not to write anything by himself.

Dude Ranch, Enema, the majority of TOYPAJ (only First Date and Rock Show were written apart and that was after they handed in their completed work that they had made together and the label said they needed more radio friendly singles), and untitled were all written together as far as I recall.  And I'm pretty sure that Buddha and Cheshire were also written together as well.  Flyswatter and the 94 demo obviously were as well. 

Let's not just rewrite blink history for the sake of fitting your discourse here.  Only Neighborhoods was written separately.  Hell despite what Tom said the other day, it sounds like even Dogs Eating Dogs was written together as well.

Thank you kind sir.

Your right, I am only partially retarded. hahaha.

Nice Raph Avatar. Actually I cant tell if its raph because its red or the super old era of Ninja Turtles when they were all reddish.

Dude Ranch, Enema, the majority of TOYPAJ (only First Date and Rock Show were written apart and that was after they handed in their completed work that they had made together and the label said they needed more radio friendly singles), and untitled were all written together as far as I recall.  And I'm pretty sure that Buddha and Cheshire were also written together as well.  Flyswatter and the 94 demo obviously were as well. 

Let's not just rewrite blink history for the sake of fitting your discourse here.  Only Neighborhoods was written separately.  Hell despite what Tom said the other day, it sounds like even Dogs Eating Dogs was written together as well.

I actually feel like there are truths in both of your statements.

I feel like dude ranch, enema and toypaj were absolutely more collaborative than neighborhoods but FAR LESS

collaborative than self titled.

I feel like the difference is on pre self titled albums they would sit down and write individually (even if in the same room as each other, with minimal feedback) because they had a more specific sound in mind.

They ALL wanted to do purely pop punk stuff so they naturally wouldn't give each other as much feeback.

Of course there are always more collaborative songs also like "Every Time I Look For You"

But I feel like even on songs like that there was less critique going on because once again they all had a clearer view of what to do.

Obviously when self titled rolled around the album was FULL of push and pulls and bargaining with each other, compared to the other albums.

I'm not saying I'm totally right about this but this has always just been the way that I've seen it.

So I think on neighborhoods it wasnt AS vastly different from the old albums as people would like to think 

but it was still much less collaborative.

I do think on Dogs Eating Dogs they got a little bit of that self titled spark back but you could tell there was still an essence

of worrying about criticizing the other persons parts. 

Definitely more collaborative than neighborhoods stuff, although less than self titled.

My guess is probably more along the lines of "Every Time I look For You"

like i mentioned earlier.

I think the important thing with what you're saying about how they wrote prior to self titled is the distinction between demos and fully writing songs. Chances are if a song wasn't written by all 3 of them together from scratch in a practise space, that one of them had an idea - grew it a bit, then presented it to the other where they collectively polished it off.

Of course all their other albums were less collaborative than self titled. They basically lived together while writing that album. That's an unfair comparison to make. 

I think the important thing with what you're saying about how they wrote prior to self titled is the distinction between demos and fully writing songs. Chances are if a song wasn't written by all 3 of them together from scratch in a practise space, that one of them had an idea - grew it a bit, then presented it to the other where they collectively polished it off.

Of course all their other albums were less collaborative than self titled. They basically lived together while writing that album. That's an unfair comparison to make. 

I don't know, I don't see how what your saying changes anything I said.

Although I do agree with the first part.

Also like I said...This has always just been my interpretation of it.

Obviously I could be wrong on a lot of it.

My point is that in one way or another, they collectively worked on a song in the same room with instruments. Not emailing parts back and forth like with neighbourhood. Pre hiatus songs may have been conceived individually but I doubt they weren't finalise collectively. I get what I mean I'm just phrasing it badly.

• Like 1

My point is that in one way or another, they collectively worked on a song in the same room with instruments. Not emailing parts back and forth like with neighbourhood. Pre hiatus songs may have been conceived individually but I doubt they weren't finalise collectively. I get what I mean I'm just phrasing it badly.

Yeah and I completely agree that this had an impact.

The point of my post was more just to say similarities can be made, wasnt trying to relate neighborhoods to those albums completely.

All I was saying as it may not have been AS collaborative as some people might think.

But I completely agree that being in the same room improved their other albums a lot. 

Couldn't be any happier about the break up. Honestly. They killed their legacy and should never have even got back together in 2009.

I've said it before and I'll say it again- blink 182 died in 2004 and Tom was only in it for the money. Glad to hear it from the horses mouth.

Gaahhhhhhhhh. I am so seriously considering buying a Musink ticket and making the trip to California for this show... So tempting... I can't make up my mind...

I mean, either way you look at it, this show will be monumental for huge blink fans like us. Either it is going to be the start of a new era for blink-182, or the last blink-182 concert ever. Either way, it would be amazing to be a part of it.

Wasn't it in Las Vegas?

Ahh, yeah i see that now. but did they actually play that? or am i making up that they pulled out of that? lots of people here have been saying reading was the last one...

Edit - Ignore that! just youtubed it and they defo played! unless that was an incredibly elaborate set of holograms and no-one noticed!!