The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

you guys are looking way too into this whole guitar thing. happens all the time where guitarists have back surgery because of their guitars being too heavy/low. skiba himself used to only use les pauls which are pretty heavy and switched over to jaguars because of the stress it put on his back

This is what he stated.  I have no

This is what he stated.  

[media]http://youtu.be/xdQwC2croIs?t=4m10s

i think his back injury and medicine addiction wasn't that dramatic. it was his marketing strategy to say stupid things and get viral. of course a real life situation can serve with a good explanation: he was on drugs. so he could do and say anything. "hey, this dude just said you can walk on water. he's nuts. it's gonna be a good cover story for kerrang." tom's answer is: "yeah, i was using drugs and said a lot of crazy stuff." the goal is achieved, the explanation cleared him, so it's a winner strategy.

He wore it up high to cover his beer gut.

He's going to wear a trench coat next like that chubby singer from mumford and sons.

i think his back injury and medicine addiction wasn't that dramatic. it was his marketing strategy to say stupid things and get viral. of course a real life situation can serve with a good explanation: he was on drugs. so he could do and say anything. "hey, this dude just said you can walk on water. he's nuts. it's gonna be a good cover story for kerrang." tom's answer is: "yeah, i was using drugs and said a lot of crazy stuff." the goal is achieved, the explanation cleared him, so it's a winner strategy.

Why do you think this?

because he used that line after he started ava. he took the same medicine when he was still in blink (2003-2004), and never said a thing to the press about his miracles. when he needed the attention with his new band, he started to talk like an idiot as part of the hype. he still use this strategy. (or is he really that dumb? does he believe in hallucinations?)

Yeah, Tom definitely used "drugs" to explain away all the stupid shit he said about AVA.

I would have believed him if he wouldn't have continued to say the same stupid shit years after he was "sober." He just compared his company to Marvel like last month. The dude is a nut case.

• Like 4

Yeah, Tom definitely used "drugs" to explain away all the stupid shit he said about AVA.

I would have believed him if he wouldn't have continued to say the same stupid shit years after he was "sober." He just compared his company to Marvel like last month. The dude is a nut case.

Yup.  I mean I totally believe he did fuck up his back and that he did have some strong pain killers, but I never believed that that was the reason that he would say all his grandiose over the top bullshit.  I've taken strong pain killers myself before, you truly feel great on them, but your head is still completely with it, I never would say things I didn't mean because of them.

I have to counter that a little. The euphoric state narcotics put you can be mind altering. I have dealth with the horrible pain to being in a euphoric state in a matter of 60 seconds.

The person in the pain is not the same person on the drugs.

From wanting to kill yourself to loving life. From wanting to burn the hospital down to wanting to hug every nurse you see. Of courseThe idea was already there that AVA will be great. On the drugs, AVA could be the second coming of christ.

That being said, all evidence obviously indicates that Tom is a bullshitter on or off drugs.

• Like 1

I have to counter that a little. The euphoric state narcotics put you can be mind altering. I have dealth with the horrible pain to being in a euphoric state in a matter of 60 seconds.

The person in the pain is not the same person on the drugs.

From wanting to kill yourself to loving life. From wanting to burn the hospital down to wanting to hug every nurse you see. Of courseThe idea was already there that AVA will be great. On the drugs, AVA could be the second coming of christ.

That being said, all evidence obviously indicates that Tom is a bullshitter on or off drugs.

I understand what you're saying, and you do feel great euphoria, but even still, you know what you're saying and you know how true or not it is.

I find it hard to believe wearing the guitar low and bending over to play a few songs fucked up his back. A guitar doesn't weigh shit.

Not to be mean but you're probably under 20 right?

Carrying a guitar on your back practically everyday and hunching over it will most definitely fuck your back up. Your body stops being able to handle as much stress as you get older.

It's the combination of booth things. The guitar has his own weight, even if it's not a lot, but yeah, what increases the damage is the way you bend your back.

Everyone can see how Mark, also, started to put higher his bass. I think Billie Joe did it too, he used to play really low.