The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

You take that back! Our lord and saviour has been perfectly consistent in his side of the story! Those pricks Mark and Travis got power hungry and kicked him out when Tom was perfectly reasonable in asking they just make their next album in between his 40 top selling novels, Marvel studios crushing animated films and revolutionary soundtracks. Our messiah Delonge can do all of this and present it all within the year, but Mark and Travis were holding him back. Now he's free! #FollowTheLight #Christmas2015 #TravisKillsWomen  

Edit: I checked reddit last night and someone had got some screen caps of Tom being insane and said "This is the man you people are still defending...HOW?!" and they still found a way. It's fucking infuriating to watch people enable him like they do. 

Look just to clarify, my post earlier was not saying Tom did nothing wrong it was just saying from Toms perspective he might not have seen it as a big deal. And if it is true that his manager was the one that said he was out then that is something to be taken into account. Tom should have respected the band more that got him where he is today and made the year at least mostly clear for recording a new blink album and not dicking around with the fans. I think the main difference between my point of view and others on here though is that I do not think Tom is an asshole or a bad person so I would like to think that many of the things he did were unintentional or a bit of a biting off more than he can chew type of thing. I just personally do not think Tom is that scummy. I think Tom wants to do a lot of things before he dies and blink was just one of them so he just does too much at once and puts blink on the backburner, figuring sometimes its not a big deal because he mark and travis are barely talking anyways. I am guessing when the Dogs eating Dogs EP scenario happened that "broke his spirit" he decided to not commit himself as much to caring when blink would get done if he mark and travis cant even get along. All I am doing is trying to see this from a different perspective on what could be possible. I will totally admit Tom is acting pretty weird and it seems like he is trying to compensate for his fuck up. At the same time though he has always seen blink as something really dysfunctional and that has probably turned him off to it a bit. Maybe the reason he always wants to record in a separate studio is he really just does not like to fight in person...I don't know. People treat him on here like he is evil, He made some bad decisions but he is not a bad person and I would like to think despite his obvious fuck ups he did much less of it on purpose than people are saying. People act like they know everything that happened and they don't, I am confident there are things Mark and Travis don't even know they did wrong because of lack of communication.

I was just fucking around it had nothing to do with your post. Don't be so defensive. 

People on here, and most other places don't like him because he's being dishonest about put blink way way back on the back burner. He acts like planning to do 15000 things this year doesn't hold blink back. 

In all honesty I just skimmed what you said in that block of text, if there's something more important you'd like me to respond to feel free to post in it a more poetry based format. 

• Like 1

Look just to clarify, my post earlier was not saying Tom did nothing wrong it was just saying from Toms perspective he might not have seen it as a big deal. And if it is true that his manager was the one that said he was out then that is something to be taken into account. Tom should have respected the band more that got him where he is today and made the year at least mostly clear for recording a new blink album and not dicking around with the fans. I think the main difference between my point of view and others on here though is that I do not think Tom is an asshole or a bad person so I would like to think that many of the things he did were unintentional or a bit of a biting off more than he can chew type of thing. I just personally do not think Tom is that scummy. I think Tom wants to do a lot of things before he dies and blink was just one of them so he just does too much at once and puts blink on the backburner, figuring sometimes its not a big deal because he mark and travis are barely talking anyways. I am guessing when the Dogs eating Dogs EP scenario happened that "broke his spirit" he decided to not commit himself as much to caring when blink would get done if he mark and travis cant even get along. All I am doing is trying to see this from a different perspective on what could be possible. I will totally admit Tom is acting pretty weird and it seems like he is trying to compensate for his fuck up. At the same time though he has always seen blink as something really dysfunctional and that has probably turned him off to it a bit. Maybe the reason he always wants to record in a separate studio is he really just does not like to fight in person...I don't know. People treat him on here like he is evil, He made some bad decisions but he is not a bad person and I would like to think despite his obvious fuck ups he did much less of it on purpose than people are saying. People act like they know everything that happened and they don't, I am confident there are things Mark and Travis don't even know they did wrong because of lack of communication.

Paragraphs dude.

• Like 6

I was just fucking around it had nothing to do with your post. Don't be so defensive. 

People on here, and most other places don't like him because he's being dishonest about put blink way way back on the back burner. He acts like planning to do 15000 things this year doesn't hold blink back. 

In all honesty I just skimmed what you said in that block of text, if there's something more important you'd like me to respond to feel free to post in it a more poetry based format. 

I actually quoted the wrong post by mistake sorry about that.

Paragraphs dude.

A while back people got after me for posting in an "easier to read" format (I guess it was largely because my posts looked too long) so I sort of did a complete 180 to make everyone happy and now its "too hard to read."

Okay, from now on I will post in a more standard paragraph form.

People treat him on here like he is evil, He made some bad decisions but he is not a bad person and I would like to think despite his obvious fuck ups he did much less of it on purpose than people are saying.

he's been proven to be conniving and an absolute embarrassment for his band mates. he twists facts to get his fans to believe him. 10 years ago, he was plotting dozens of unrealized projects and 10 years later, he's doing the same. he can't get anything done on time (not even a track listing), and he claims that fame destroyed his old friends when in reality, fame got to him and he went crazy (at least, crazier than he was before). mark never said he'd start a rock n' roll revolution. tom did.

in that same vein, tom said in his "letter to the fans" he was above petty internet bickering. he spent all last night talking shit on instagram. dude's a washed-up hack.

People act like they know everything that happened and they don't

i once thought this way as well, about a lot of oliver's posts. i thought it was stupid, thinking that tom would only do blink shows for money. and almost everything oli said was true. almost all the fan speculation about this band since 2009 has been right.