The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I always really liked atom. Like people say, it looks like hes having a ton of fun in against me

When I went to an AVA meet & greet in 2008 Atom was the only member of the band I really talked to and he seemed like the coolest, most down-to-earth guy. He thanked me genuinely for caring about the band and supporting the music, and then we just chatted for like ten minutes. He was rad. I think Atom legitimately loved his time in AVA up until blink came back. He said something like that in an interview. blink and AVA both suffered simultaneously because Tom couldn't commit to either one. Every member of both bands got sick of Tom and people started jumping ship.

With regards to the whole "few phone calls" comment from Tom, I think anyone even suggesting it means he could join them again is massively over thinking things.

Tbh, I think as soon as Skiba is officially in the band (if he isn't already?) then any chance of Tom ever returning is completely wiped out. I know it's "Tom's band" not Matt's, but if Mark and Travis were to bring in Skiba for some of their most refreshingly good shows in years, lead him on as if he's going to be a member full time and then kick him out to go back to the same old shit with Tom, I'd lose a lot of respect for them.

• Like 2

tom is a very naive person if he thinks he can easily go back to blink. the only way to go back at it is if he drops all the crap projects he thinks are important, stops being a massive dickhead and gets his shit together, then maybe. but this never gonna happen, tom will always think of himself as some hardshit everyone loves. until he realize that blink is not some kind of childish band anymore, remember how to play guitar, he can go fuck himself. 

Jesus Christ with this fucking "All it would take is 4 phone calls". It was something he said to put the blame on Mark and Travis, nothing more. Mark confirmed that they were legally getting Tom removed and recording with Matt!

As far as the NME article. Its click bait. That's all it is. Major Media do a cut and paste job, take old information, add one line about "Tom says it would only take 4 phone calls" and run that headline.

Media is shit. Watch the movie Nightcrawler.

• Like 2

If AVA toured now he would have three options, all three of which he would never do: headline the shittiest venues he has played since 1997, open for say anything or a band like that that he hasn't completely alienated, or be the opening opening act for like U2 on a huge tour.

Safe to say he is better off selling ugly t-shirts to tombots out of his garage office. At least as far as his ego and income go.

Exactly. It is not profitable for Tom to tour and would put on display his lack of popularity.

It's funny how it's taken all these music sites this long to pick up on that statement. I've seen two local radio stations here post about it. 

Die-Hard Blink fans know Tom is NOT serious about the phone call thing otherwise he would of actually started recording in Jan like it was scheduled. 

• Like 1

It's funny how it's taken all these music sites this long to pick up on that statement. I've seen two local radio stations here post about it. 

Die-Hard Blink fans know Tom is NOT serious about the phone call thing otherwise he would of actually started recording in Jan like it was scheduled. 

Exactly. Who would want Tom there anyway? Tom's interest in Blink 182 is easy cash touring to fund and promote his "important" projects. He didn't listen to neighborhood mixes, he did DED for modlife, he's not interested in Blink!

People who think that this is even a chance are living in the land of OZ.

• Like 1

I still firmly believe that many people on this board think Tom's actions are more sinister than they are. It makes WAY more sense to me that the reason Tom is hard to work with is because he has that creative ADD thing (that he even admits he has.) It explains everything. 
He gets consumed in a project (does not matter if its blink or AvA or Poet ect.) and loses passion for everything else for only a short while because he gets so excited for the task at hand.

It explains pretty much everything, It explains why he blows off Mark and Travis, why Mark was upset at him during Box Car Racer, why AVA members have left.. 
I am in no way saying Tom did nothing wrong, but I firmly believe he didn't mean to screw anyone over...he just jumps around creatively. I also believe that he did not JUST use blink to fund AVA, If you look at those old AVA videos of him playing live and talking about blink it is as clear as day that he cared about blink and missed it. He just has so many other things he is also passionate about.

Sorry for the long post, one last note...a few people on here were acting like there was no way Tom met with the president....well this would have actually been the SECOND time he has met the president. In AVA's interview on Hoppus on Music Tom mentioned he briefly met he president one other time.

Or he's just an ass hole

I just don't see it. He has had many long term friends...he has a wife and kids. Even Mark and Travis say they don't hate him they are just irritated because he takes too long to record.

He has a band that has a main focus of spreading positive messages. Hard to work with sometimes? Probably. An asshole?...just doesn't make sense to me.

Is it so hard to accept that Tom could still care about blink but not want to do it full time and Mark and Travis got fed up with it?

Why does he HAVE to be a bad person or an asshole?