The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I-Empire is the last amazing thing that Tom made, as it was only I-Empire.  There was no movie or side project to allow Tom to half-ass anything.

LOVE had some solid songs.  Tom's last bit of energy made it there

The movie started and progressed with all the albums mate. It started as the trailer for WDNTW then the movie became I-Empire, then it became Love

I can't believe I'm admitting this but I was ok with TDW. Not groundbreaking or anything but a nice surprise leading up to what I thought was a new blink album. Never listened to the Love albums and never got into I-Empire or WDNTW. A few catchy songs maybe. +44 was a more consistent album. TTS had maybe 2 ok songs for being a quick cash grab. I can never decide between +44 and boxcar.

• Like 1

it took me years to get into WDNTW (funny because i'd received a radio promo of it and had it sitting beside my bed for years, even before i got into blink). once i had learned the story of the blink breakup, i just found it horrifically pretentious. roughly half of it still seems that way to me ("good day" is unlistenable, imo). but there's some great melodies and guitar work shining through on lots of it - notably "it hurts" and "the war", and "the adventure"'s a massive earworm. "do it for me now" is underrated too. i've got a handful of songs from i-empire i'm fond of, but there's probably no worse album in the universe than love parts 1 and 2. i can't stand them. dream walker seemed refreshing to me, and i'm a tom hater. like WDNTW, there's some wonderful melodies, and it as a whole has a very concept album-y feel

Anyone with a baby might be interested in this, a blink-182 lullabies rendition album is about to be released.  There was a Green Day one released a few years ago, so its cool to see blink get one as well.  You can even check out the samples here: http://www.cmhb2b.com/web/page.asp?pgs=product&catid=41&id=1545

I just listened to the Feeling This one and I actually liked it a lot.

• Like 3

Love and Love 2 only have one song each that I can stand.  The rest is so boring and bland on those albums.  Its not like there are any horrible songs in there, there just isn't anything with substance worth revisiting.  I have to agree that Love 1 and 2 are the worst AVA albums.

I actually think The Dream Walker is a decent album, and I think Anomaly is one of the best songs Tom has made outside of blink in years.

• Like 2

Love and Love 2 only have one song each that I can stand.  The rest is so boring and bland on those albums.  Its not like there are any horrible songs in there, there just isn't anything with substance worth revisiting.  I have to agree that Love 1 and 2 are the worst AVA albums.

I actually think The Dream Walker is a decent album, and I think Anomaly is one of the best songs Tom has made outside of blink in years.

Ya man I totally agree. There are 1 or 2 songs I cherry pick off of each of the love albums and the rest is just meh. Like you said, not terrible but not worth wasting time on either. Anomaly is a fantastic song, only out-gunned by tremors :)

I'm still in awe that some of you guys got into blink after the first break-up. It sucks you guys didn't get to live through the prime releases. I was able to live through the the releases of the live album & on. I remember listening to KROQ all day just to hear Feeling This when it just barely got released & the internet wasn't much of a thing.

• Like 1

I'm still in awe that some of you guys got into blink after the first break-up. It sucks you guys didn't get to live through the prime releases. I was able to live through the the releases of the live album & on. I remember listening to KROQ all day just to hear Feeling This when it just barely got released & the internet wasn't much of a thing.

i remember seeing blink live in 1995. it's all relative, right?

• Like 1

Haha awesome man. I got into blink a year or so after TOYPAJ was released. Such an awesome time to be a blink fan. I remember as quickly as I fell in love with blink, all of a sudden this strange band called boxcar racer came out and took the blink community by storm. Not long after that, I was sitting in a gymnasium watching my classmates shoot hoops.There was random music playing in the background, and out of nowhere feelin this started blasting through the speakers! I was in awe, I hadn't heard the song before but I did know that blink was writing a new album and that it had to have been off of it. I went home and waited an hour for my dial up to load the song. One of the best days of my life :)

• Like 1

i remember seeing blink live in 1995. it's all relative, right?

Lol you destroy us all.

Haha awesome man. I got into blink a year or so after TOYPAJ was released. Such an awesome time to be a blink fan. I remember as quickly as I fell in love with blink, all of a sudden this strange band called boxcar racer came out and took the blink community by storm. Not long after that, I was sitting in a gymnasium watching my classmates shoot hoops.There was random music playing in the background, and out of nowhere feelin this started blasting through the speakers! I was in awe, I hadn't heard the song before but I did know that blink was writing a new album and that it had to have been off of it. I went home and waited an hour for my dial up to load the song. One of the best days of my life :)

Dude, seriously. Blink was everywhere & a lot of people knew them. Was an amazing time.

Ill always remember getiing into them around the time take off came out.  That and listening to Family Reunion when i was in like grade 4.  Its probably why curse words are such a strong part of my vocabulary now.

Anyone with a baby might be interested in this, a blink-182 lullabies rendition album is about to be released.  There was a Green Day one released a few years ago, so its cool to see blink get one as well.  You can even check out the samples here: http://www.cmhb2b.com/web/page.asp?pgs=product&catid=41&id=1545

I just listened to the Feeling This one and I actually liked it a lot.

amazing. thanks for the share

My neighbour had Enema Of The State, I had a crush on him so I'd go round the house all the time just to talk to him, and I'd use the album as an excuse. after a while it became the other way around, and when he let me borrow the album I recorded it to cassette and then listened to it repeatedly for like a year. Im pretty sure I'd heard older blink songs in passing, because I recognised Dammit when I eventually got dude ranch, but Enema is the stick out memory for me. 

That lullaby group recently did Say Anything too

• Like 1