The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

Tom deserves the rest since he got that guy to write his book and that lady to write his children's novel. Must be exhausting signing all those checks.

To be fair, the guy is probably very tired from following the light for as long as he has been.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Olidamus said:

lots of people getting fucked up ones, thankfully i got mine today un damaged. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Yeah Id love to know too..Ive always assumed It Hurts started as a blink song and Valkyrie Missile too

to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if 80% of WDNTW turned out to be blink demos or ideas that were created during blink recording sessions. isn't there also that acoustic riff from the untitled recording sessions that ended up being in 'a little's enough'?

On 7/5/2016 at 8:25 PM, Magnious said:

No, mark always liked the adventure, it was the rest of the album he didn't like.

"The verses in the first single were cool, but everything just fell apart after that. The rest of the songs on the album seemed long and repetitious." - Mark Hoppus
http://www.b182.com/askmark1.html

Tom also used some unused Blink 182 material on the album.

"During the long hours of downtime on tour, we would go in there and lay down ideas for the next blink-182 album. There were some cool songs started in those dressing rooms. After Tom quit, our old manager called and said that he was going to take some of the ideas that we had started on the tour and rerecord them for Tom’s new band. When the Angels and Airwaves record came out, I was actually excited to hear what had become of those ideas. There were some great beginnings in those demos. I was really disappointed in what became of them, though, for the same reasons I mentioned above. I thought they would have made great blink-182 songs, but something got lost in the translation."

Fuuuuccckkk....
That sure took me back...
When everything first went down I was so mad at Tom...I was all about plus 44 and I was so bitter about we dont need to whisper. Blink was my best friend, and Tom took it away from me.
To this day I still feel bitter about that album and its still one of my least favorite AVA albums...To think what could have been had blink not broken up. 
I think it all comes down to Tom being passive aggressive and not not knowing how to speak his mind enough....that and being doped up on pain killers fucked with his head.
These days I actually think he is in a much healthier place mentally but it does make me wonder what the fuck happened back then...like what REALLY happened with his mind.
Something was truly eerie about that interview though...with the black and red page layout...almost like taking a Time machine back to a dark time.